Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Well, that was better than last Friday! The weather really was pretty bad... we didn't actually have too much trouble driving with appropriate caution, but morons always cause accidents, and then walking from parking to the game really was hazardous.

Glad to hear we should have a good crowd tonight. We always go, of course, but the atmosphere is better with a bigger crowd and we haven't had a whole lot of that this year.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Looks like Eaves got a message across during practice this week. Here's hoping for a good follow up performance tonight.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Looks like Eaves got a message across during practice this week. Here's hoping for a good follow up performance tonight.
        Either Eaves or the players themselves, either way it was a good performance overall last night. I watched a little of it again today and I'd say we definitely need to start better. Rumps really kept us in it on a few big chances in the first six minutes. Mersch's goal seemed to really help us settle in and play.

Last night we had more then just flashes of how good this team can play. Taking the next step involves playing at a consistently high level. If we can get to that... well, this is going to be a pretty good team.

I wouldn't really dog him as he blocks a lot of shots and does a lot of little things right for this team, but I feel like Frankie hasn't been playing up to the expectations that come along with wearing the C the last few games. I think he's without a point since the first CC game and was on the ice and involved in both Weasel goals as well as the big chance five minutes into the game that Rumpel stoned with a stretched out toe. (HUGE save.)

Happy with 3rd and 4th line play and thought Paape really stepped up on the pk. Exciting for him to get his chances.

Need to clean up a few things tonight and especially start out with energy and in control. Expect Michigan to really get after it early.

Let's Go Red!
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

A LOT of people here tonight. High 13s, low 14s. My bet would be 14s.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

This may be a sellout. I'd be shocked if the number is less than 14,000. There are a couple of empty student rows in the 100s, but there was a pretty big line outside for winter break.

Comment

Are the students back on Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                This may be a sellout. I'd be shocked if the number is less than 14,000. There are a couple of empty student rows in the 100s, but there was a pretty big line outside for winter break.
                Yeah mid to upper 14s. I posted early 1st period but didn't show up for a while. Easily 14500.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Are the students back on Monday?
                  One more week. Housing would be open for the semester tonight if it were Monday, though.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    One more week. Housing would be open for the semester tonight if it were Monday, though.
                    Then 14k is pretty impressive, even if it's Mich.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Then 14k is pretty impressive, even if it's Mich.
                      And before you ask - there's a decent amount of Michigan fans, but it's still pretty much all UW fans. A much higher ratio than against Minnesota or UND...even better than against UMD or SCSU in my experience.

Comment

This make me happy. The one game I am going to this year is the Friday night game of the Friday/Saturday Gopher series. Good chance for a sellout.
                        Last edited by Innova; 01-11-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Absolute right call. Not only did the player get in Rumps' way, he leaned into him to stop him from getting back to the crease.

Comment

I like having Michigoon back on the schedule!

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/eaFrwnW.jpg

Edit. Penalty box.....not bench.

Comment

Great weekend and I love, love, LOVE the scrum at the end. Showed a little grit... a little sandpaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X