Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    One exit ramp on the far west side had 7 cars in the ditch.

Trucks are out, so we'll see. I'm now thankful for the 8 o'clock start.

If only they had built the train route to the far west side that was proposed 10-15 years ago...
    Hopefully that means more time for road treatment rather than more time for re-freezing.

I'm thankful for the 8:00 start, because I can watch the start of BTN's hockey coverage and the MSU-OSU game!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I'm thankful for the 8:00 start, because I can watch the start of BTN's hockey coverage and the MSU-OSU game!

Yep, watching it now while dinner is being prepared...

And we thought the KC was empty

Comment

Yep, watching it now while dinner is being prepared...

And we thought the KC was empty
        Buck-I-Guy is there! I had never heard of him until this broadcast, but still!

Comment

Also, the Badgers could learn a thing or two from the OSU power play.

Comment

I know what you guys mean about the weather and the late start. Hopefully the later game time will allow it to get below 80 degrees here so I can open up the lanai.

I will say one thing about complaints about going to Badger Hockey games. I'm very empathetic with everyone's opinions because I love the program and want it to do well, but it all takes on a bit of a different perspective when you don't have the option to go at all.

Well, I did come up last year for a series. Only about $1500.00 for Mrs. McBadgerton, the little McBadgerton, and I to go to a game!

Stay safe up there Badgers!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              I know what you guys mean about the weather and the late start. Hopefully the later game time will allow it to get below 80 degrees here so I can open up the lanai.

I will say one thing about complaints about going to Badger Hockey games. I'm very empathetic with everyone's opinions because I love the program and want it to do well, but it all takes on a bit of a different perspective when you don't have the option to go at all.

Well, I did come up last year for a series. Only about $1500.00 for Mrs. McBadgerton, the little McBadgerton, and I to go to a game!

Stay safe up there Badgers!

First off, go to hell. Any sinkholes near your lanai?

Just so we're clear about tonight, I'm not complaining about the weather, just stating that it may not be safe for me and my family to make the journey. Snow is one thing... ice is a whole nother story.

Comment

Speaking of hating Michigan, how many of you can say that you were at the Badger-Michigan playoff games at Hartmeyer in March of 1977, hmmm? Saturday was St. Patrick's Day and this Jew was helping my Irish "brothers" celebrate. We were a couple rows behind the Michigan bench and letting them have it. The bleacher seats were almost on top of the benches and NO glass in front of the fans back then. I have always remembered giving Ben Kawa a bunch of ****; don't know why, but he was probably the only one who gave us the stink eye.

EDIT: I can't remember exactly why they played at Hartmeyer...I think it was a farm show or something.
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

First off, go to hell. Any sinkholes near your lanai?

Just so we're clear about tonight, I'm not complaining about the weather, just stating that it may not be safe for me and my family to make the journey. Snow is one thing... ice is a whole nother story.
                  No sink holes yet, but it's probably only a matter of time. On the bright side a sinkhole could swallow up a few snakes and gators, so it wouldn't be all bad.

My remaining comments were probably not worded well, as I meant going to games in general, not specifically tonight. By all means everyone should be safe.

If it's really icy I'd recommend speed skates and one of those go fast hoodie-suits. Be there in no time!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Speaking of hating Michigan, how many of you can say that you were at the Badger-Michigan playoff games at Hartmeyer in March of 1977, hmmm? Saturday was St. Patrick's Day and this Jew was helping my Irish "brothers" celebrate. We were a couple rows behind the Michigan bench and letting them have it. The bleacher seats were almost on top of the benches and NO glass in front of the fans back then.

EDIT: I can't remember exactly why they played at Hartmeyer...I think it was a farm show or something.
                    Holy **** MCR! You are old!

Beside you, Eaves, and Mark Johnson is anyone else even still alive from that era?

Oh, almost forgot... PB and Howie are still hanging in there.

EDIT: Well, you know what they say about memory...
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

To see the Badgers and Wolverines at Hartmeyer...

I've played at Hartmeyer. My kid plays at Hartmeyer.

That would be a really cool memory...

Comment

No sink holes yet, but it's probably only a matter of time. On the bright side a sinkhole could swallow up a few snakes and gators, so it wouldn't be all bad.

My remaining comments were probably not worded well, as I meant going to games in general, not specifically tonight. By all means everyone should be safe.

If it's really icy I'd recommend speed skates and one of those go fast hoodie-suits. Be there in no time!

http://www.freep.com/article/2014010...brian-rafalski

However, you can see Rafalski play tonight. Did not know he was the team chaplain.

Comment

Beside you, Eaves, and Mark Johnson is anyone else even still alive from that era?

I'm 58 but I'm always told I look 15 years younger. Good east side livin' I guess!
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I wasn't alive when Gary Shuchuk played for the Badgers.

Comment

Use caution when walking on the pavement around the Kohl Center. It's VERY icy, but I did see a guy putting some salt down.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                                http://www.freep.com/article/2014010...brian-rafalski

However, you can see Rafalski play tonight. Did not know he was the team chaplain.
                                Thanks! I saw this earlier but forgot to post it. Pretty sure Brian can still play in the NHL if he really wants to. I'd be at the Everblades game but I wanted to watch the Badgers tonight instead. If he plays more than one or two games here I'll probably see him play. (Blades are down 1-0 after one so no Rafalski pts. yet anyway.)

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I'm 58 but I'm always told I look 15 years younger. Good east side livin' I guess!
                                If that's true, you look a little younger than I actually am, so it's all good. We lived upstate back then so it was PBS replays for me in '77.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X