Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Unless for some reason you have extreme tackle. Which is possible. This little guy was caught a few miles from my house:

Holy ****! That's gotta be at least 18 feet!?!

I'm planning on diving out there somewhere. There aren't any fishies like that in the Caribbean.

Rethinking...

EDIT: If I'm in that little dingy and I hook that thing I'm cutting the line, curling up under the seat and hoping it just goes away.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-22-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Regarding manatees... I know. In the spring/river that they go in over the winter where we saw them, you can't even put your feet in the water. Too bad as the water is crystal and I have an underwater camera.

There is an old bull there that will tip over canoes though, so don't be too sure...

And nobody better complain about this line of talk.

Bye week ya know.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-22-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

*******http://i.imgur.com/l9JA8.gi************

Okay, seriously, what's the deal with the picture tags still not working? Is there a way around it?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          *******http://i.imgur.com/l9JA8.gi************

Okay, seriously, what's the deal with the picture tags still not working? Is there a way around it?
          The actual answer to that is some of the embedded pics and video were leading to ads for things that were deemed unacceptable. Thus, embedding was disabled. Because the ads, as always, are what's most important around here. If you can't monetize it, it ain't worth it.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Is there a way around it?

No.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

BTW, while you guys are discussing manatees and tropical paradises, people are jumping into the Red River in Grand Forks, North Dakota by the dozens over the absence of a D1 level hockey team in that town. Before the ice freezes, they need volunteers to drag some of these poor traumatized souls out of the water and take them home with them. Most Nodaks are potty trained, will eat almost anything, and can even be trained to fetch the paper, so consider it both a good deed (expenses are deductible) and a source of cheap entertainment.

There's a good chance there will be a team there again next year, so if you don't keep your house too warm or give them meat with the beans, you will be able to return them after the ice and snow are gone in July.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                BTW, while you guys are discussing manatees and tropical paradises, people are jumping into the Red River in Grand Forks, North Dakota by the dozens over the absence of a D1 level hockey team in that town. Before the ice freezes, they need volunteers to drag some of these poor traumatized souls out of the water and take them home with them. Most Nodaks are potty trained, will eat almost anything, and can even be trained to fetch the paper, so consider it both a good deed (expenses are deductible) and a source of cheap entertainment.

There's a good chance there will be a team there again next year, so if you don't keep your house too warm or give them meat with the beans, you will be able to return them after the ice and snow are gone in July.
                I think we should just turn them into Badgers fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  I think we should just turn them into Badgers fans.
                  Whoa! You can train them to fetch the paper, clean the toilet, and carry grandma upstairs. Get them to drink thinner, even.
                  But they will not . . . NOT . . . work out well as Badger fans. There is still some dignity behind that sloped forehead and protruding brow.

Comment

No worries burd. As per usual I have a solution sure to satisfy everyone.

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      No worries burd. As per usual I have a solution sure to satisfy everyone.

Very nice.

It wasn't til I looked the second time that I saw those deked-out Badger defensemen in there.

Comment

Hey Badger Fans!

Myself and 2 friends are headed to the cities this weekend for the badger-gopher series. I'm just looking for suggestions on some of the fun bars to hit up both before and/or after the games on Friday and Saturday. We are upper 20's guys, have done an annual road trip to a badger series each year for the last 8 years. Just looking for a good place to have some food, beers, and hangout with other badger fans. I know some larger cities have specific badger bars, any like that for before/after hockey? Any sports bars with shuttles to/from the game?

We are staying at the hilton downtown if that helps, but we have no problem cabbing/walking places.

Looking forward to the trip, hope to see lots of other badgers fans! Thanks for any suggestions guys!

Comment

Gasthof's, Nye's, Brit's, Psycho Suzy's, Campus Pizza, Town Hall. Google them as I am too lazy to post links.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by smity711 View Post
                            Hey Badger Fans!

Myself and 2 friends are headed to the cities this weekend for the badger-gopher series. I'm just looking for suggestions on some of the fun bars to hit up both before and/or after the games on Friday and Saturday. We are upper 20's guys, have done an annual road trip to a badger series each year for the last 8 years. Just looking for a good place to have some food, beers, and hangout with other badger fans. I know some larger cities have specific badger bars, any like that for before/after hockey? Any sports bars with shuttles to/from the game?

We are staying at the hilton downtown if that helps, but we have no problem cabbing/walking places.

Looking forward to the trip, hope to see lots of other badgers fans! Thanks for any suggestions guys!
                            Welcome to the board smity! While I can't be of much help, I'm sure that you will receive some suggestions before long. I linked your post over to the Gopher's thread as well and no doubt there will be plenty of Gopher's more than happy to tell a Badger fan where to go.

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by smity711 View Post
                              Hey Badger Fans!

Depends on what you are looking for. I don't know of any specific "badger" bars around, as there are typically plenty of Wisconsin folk around MPLS and the University that you can run into just about anywhere. Sticking near the arena might be your best bet to find that Badger Hockey camaraderie.
                              - Stub and Herbs is kind of a game-day institution. 4 blocks from Mariucci. Lots of craft beers, bar food, good college atmosphere. Get there early, it gets packed. Probably your best bet for running into Sconnies.
                              - There is a Buffalo Wild Wings is right across from Mariucci. I've never been to one. I'm sure you would know what to expect. Get there early. Probably 2nd best for running into Sconnies.
                              - Campus Pizza is another institution of sorts. Not as crazy-packed, good college atmosphere with beer and pizza a lot of folks rave about.
                              - Blarney's in Dinkytown (7-8 blocks from Mariucci). Typical sports bar. They have a shuttle. Never spent much time there, not my kind of joint.
                              - The Library in Dinkytown. Bigger sports bar/college night life spot. Super cheap beer specials is about the only thing I can say about it.
                              - If you are short on time and want something quick, cheap and good check out Tony's Diner in Dinkytown. Never crowded. Sports on TV. Good food cheap. Selection of only 3 beers but $5 2-4-1s all day every day.

Some spots away from campus that Brent mentioned:
                              - Town Hall Brewery. Lots of unique brews. Full menu. Older crowd that gets a little younger later on. On the West Bank of Campus (30 minute walk to the rink), and there are 3-4 other bars right there for hopping around.
                              - Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit. It's a fun German restaurant in Northeast (10 min cab from downtown or Mariucci) with traditional food and over-the-top Bavarian atmosphere. Be sure to inquire about the boot of beer. Later, in the basement there is music/dancing/night life.
                              - Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge in Northeast is another really popular spot. Kind of a kitschy, hipster feel. Food or nightlife.
                              - Nye's is a piano bar with old-time class. Right across the river from Downtown. Would be a good place for a nightcap.
                              Last edited by Stauber1; 11-24-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Nice to get through the weekend without a loss. Should help the ol RPI to not take a loss.

Now to turn some heads at the Mooch.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X