Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Well, Zengerle, Kerdiles and Dahl aren't moving out of the middle, so, barring LaBate turning into Mario Lemieux, I'd say one weekend.
    LaBate @ center was unmidigated disaster. It screwed up the line-up, plus Little being out clearly affected how much icetime the 4th line got, they were used sparingly and all the big dogs were gassed at the end of the game. The 4th line went from an asset to a liability.

I like Petey, he played well last year, but it has to be Rumpel the rest of the way. Rumps was sharp in the 3rd.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Labate was on z's line midpoint of the 3rd.....
      Tim, it's just a game... Plus there's a long way to go. Don't start talking to yourself yet, man.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Buzz...your girlfriend...woof.

Comment

Not their best. Not by a long shot.

At least things started coming together a bit at the end, but it was still pretty sloppy.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Oof. That one hurt to watch. My expert analysis: If they played the whole game like they did at the end, things would have been so much better. Things looked lazy at times.

My yelling muscles were tired tonight, and there were a lot of newbies who picked up student tickets. It meant more work for the regulars, but I'm always happy for new people to get into it, even if they're not booing on the PK...they'll change. Even so, Wisconsin should have put forth a winning effort, even if they were at the Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              Oof. That one hurt to watch. My expert analysis: If they played the whole game like they did at the end, things would have been so much better. Things looked lazy at times.

My yelling muscles were tired tonight, and there were a lot of newbies who picked up student tickets. It meant more work for the regulars, but I'm always happy for new people to get into it, even if they're not booing on the PK...they'll change. Even so, Wisconsin should have put forth a winning effort, even if they were at the Shell.
              Am I the only one who hates the booing on the PK? That started what, 3-4 years ago? I just don't like it.

Comment

Am I the only one who hates the booing on the PK? That started what, 3-4 years ago? I just don't like it.
                In my experience as a student ticket holder, it used to only happen when the penalty was a "really bad call." Near the end of my crease creature tenure (11), more people were doing it every PK.

I do not like it either.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

When all the students are there, even this year, it creates a big wall of noise while the other team is handling the puck in the zone, so I like it. They're smart about it, switching to cheers as soon as they regain possession.

Edit: To clarify, I see it as a kind of "we don't like you" message to the opposing offense.
                  Last edited by WiscDC; 01-03-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                    In my experience as a student ticket holder, it used to only happen when the penalty was a "really bad call."
                    Well there you go. If we're on the pk it was obviously a "really bad call."
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Which is a real shame, because I like to smile and wave at the refs as they enter the rink!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        You have me there

For me, I remember the few penalties that the Kohl Center booed for the entire duration and it seemed special. But then again, those were the days that the 3rd deck was full.

I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

You have me there

For me, I remember the few penalties that the Kohl Center booed for the entire duration and it seemed special. But then again, those were the days that the 3rd deck was full.

blah blah blah...mumble...nostalgia

Comment

blah blah blah...mumble...nostalgia
                            Well back in my day, we didn't play games like we played tonight. Back then we kicked *** and took names and had a blue line club and banners and ... sorry, hang on.. brb.

**** kids are on my lawn again.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

That goes back to shortly after the 2006 title or so. Maybe even earlier.

I agree that it's not great, but it does create a lot of random noise while the opposing PP is working and I like it for that.

I tried thinking of a better PK cheer in my days as a Creature, but never thought of anything that was worth trying.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The 2011 Frozen Four was my first exposure to the Michigan fans during the PK, and I wanted to shoot myself. Just don't do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X