Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    pretty good game, I was in row a in the lower level by Rumpel for periods 1 and 3.

If the crowd was 9,000 I'd say I'm surprised. I was guessing 7,000 or 7,500. to see empty seats in the lower bowl sickened me really.
    - did they downsize the band? man I could barely hear them from my seat and it certainly looked to me like it is 1/2 the size it used to be, especially when comparing to the early KC years.
    -why are people adding "it's all your fault" to the sieve cheer? stop it! save that for something else. it waters down the sieve cheer! (read: GET OFF MY LAWN!)
    Yeah, in your area, it looked pretty barren. From my perspective (front middle of the student section), it looked fairly similar to opening night in 2011-12, and I remember that being a raucous environment. A lot of people came a little late, but it was much better than the Friday game vs. LSSU.

The band is the same size as it's been the last couple of years. They moved it to 117 when they moved the A/V guys downstairs and added suites behind the students. That doesn't help when we try to listen to the drummer to stay in time.

The "all your fault" seems pretty official and permanent, and it's been that way for a few years now. I just hate that a majority of (but not all, thankfully) the students adding "F you" right before "sieve." That muddles it up, and ruins what made the original great - you hear only drums, then all at once, "SIEVE!" I'd say that's a much more important thing to resist.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVIII: This could be a banner year, but how would we know?

Originally posted by Innova View Post
      I was at a game tonight...and there were banners!

http://i.imgur.com/SmKjiZA.jpg
      nice
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        Yeah, in your area, it looked pretty barren. From my perspective (front middle of the student section), it looked fairly similar to opening night in 2011-12, and I remember that being a raucous environment. A lot of people came a little late, but it was much better than the Friday game vs. LSSU.

The band is the same size as it's been the last couple of years. They moved it to 117 when they moved the A/V guys downstairs and added suites behind the students. That doesn't help when we try to listen to the drummer to stay in time.

The "all your fault" seems pretty official and permanent, and it's been that way for a few years now. I just hate that a majority of (but not all, thankfully) the students adding "F you" right before "sieve." That muddles it up, and ruins what made the original great - you hear only drums, then all at once, "SIEVE!" I'd say that's a much more important thing to resist.
        **** I'm glad I didn't hear any "f u's" as part of the cheer now that would REALLY be like the football student section

Were you holding the Sieve Banner? whomever brought that in deserves major kudos!

also, I didn't hear the Dante chants but I sure hope he was sitting somewhere near the student section to catch all the fun
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          **** I'm glad I didn't hear any "f u's" as part of the cheer now that would REALLY be like the football student section

Were you holding the Sieve Banner? whomever brought that in deserves major kudos!

also, I didn't hear the Dante chants but I sure hope he was sitting somewhere near the student section to catch all the fun
          If it makes you feel better, the Crease Creatures are still definitely the Crease Creatures, not football knockoffs. The stupid stuff you hear from the back of K and L at Camp Randall, for instance, doesn't catch on at hockey, while clever stuff is embraced.

I was in the second row to their right, but I know them. I've been bringing signs to women's games, and apparently have special rights now. (They've stopped me a couple times, asked their supervisor if it's too big, I tell him I'm one of those students over the zamboni tunnel, and he says "he's okay.")

I'm sure the "we want Dante" chant was localized within 114 and 115, but it turned out pretty well.

Comment

It's amazing what can happen in a game where the team comes out a little flat, but settles in quickly.

Very nice game tonight, with much better puck movement.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              It's amazing what can happen in a game where the team comes out a little flat, but settles in quickly.

Very nice game tonight, with much better puck movement.
              There were some missed connections for some stretches. I forget exactly when it was, but I recall a few plays in a row where I thought, "that was almost a really cool play!" For example, this happened a couple times - player A skates in with the puck and passes to player B. Player B is cruising ahead, and doesn't reach the pass. Player B appeared to be expecting a shot or something else that wasn't a leading pass. Puck goes harmlessly into the corner.

Comment

The tv feed kept showing the guy with the cat t-shirt...that wasn't anyone on the board was it?

Comment

The tv feed kept showing the guy with the cat t-shirt...that wasn't anyone on the board was it?
                  Probably not, but I remember it.

Comment

Eaves did a lot of experimenting with lines tonight. Besse saw extended action on the line with Kerdiles and Mersch. Dahl and Meuer also flip-flopped back and forth a few times between those third and fourth lines. Also, not sure if it was because of a line change, but Kerdiles played a (dominant) shift towards the end of the game with Zengerle and Barnes.

Comment

Anyone else notice how the tv feed managed to miss like half of the faceoffs? On (I believe) Besse's goal, they came back and it was already a 2 on 1.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                        Anyone else notice how the tv feed managed to miss like half of the faceoffs? On (I believe) Besse's goal, they came back and it was already a 2 on 1.
                        I noticed this as well, kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                          I felt it was one of the poorest jobs FSWis has done in producing a game. Numerous missed faceoffs, loosing track of the puck, running a camera angle that didn't allow the play to be seen properly, etc. I was wondering if it was because they're out of practice, if they've had a turnover of personnel, or they were trying some new things rather than keeping the production simple. In any case, I'd like to see this crew get better quickly.

Comment

It's nice when the biggest critique of the game is the on-air production value. They almost missed the Besse goal completely and I'm not they even replayed how the play even developed. At least Braun and Andringa are pretty good in the booth (yeah, I'm still looking at you ESPNU).

As good as last night game was, it will be made almost moot if they can't come back tonight and complete the sweep. No let down like last year. MSU did us a favor by taking two point against the Gophers.

It's been a good weekend so far for Badger sports, let's keep it rolling....

Comment

I too was thrown by the cameras last night. More than a few times the person running the camera was focusing on players who didn't have the puck including a line rush for PSU they missed entirely.

But, it could be worse...it could not have been televised.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                I too was thrown by the cameras last night. More than a few times the person running the camera was focusing on players who didn't have the puck including a line rush for PSU they missed entirely.

But, it could be worse...it could not have been televised.
                                Seriously. Having games regularly on the local cable sports network is comforting.

Comment

Working...
                                X