Calling D3 writers and broadcasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling D3 writers and broadcasters

Just hoping to get all of you folks who cover a team to post your Twitter handles. I'm trying to follow as many D3 media folks; it'll be very helpful in my re-assimilation into D3 hockey! Emphasis on the Eastern schools (bias!) but I really want to follow the Western folks as well.

I'm Rob Kennedy, and despite my contrary USCHO name, I will be broadcasting of all Bowdoin's home games this season. I made this account back in 2002 when I got back into broadcasting with the Mules. After some time with the QMJHL, I'm back in the NESCAC and excited about it.

So if you reply with your Twitter, I'd love to follow, and this will save me and any other like-minded people time rather than trying to do individual searches.

And if anyone wants to follow me, I'm @RobKennedy70.

Re: Calling D3 writers and broadcasters

Originally posted by ColbyWMHB View Post
    Just hoping to get all of you folks who cover a team to post your Twitter handles. I'm trying to follow as many D3 media folks; it'll be very helpful in my re-assimilation into D3 hockey! Emphasis on the Eastern schools (bias!) but I really want to follow the Western folks as well.

I'm Rob Kennedy, and despite my contrary USCHO name, I will be broadcasting of all Bowdoin's home games this season. I made this account back in 2002 when I got back into broadcasting with the Mules. After some time with the QMJHL, I'm back in the NESCAC and excited about it.

So if you reply with your Twitter, I'd love to follow, and this will save me and any other like-minded people time rather than trying to do individual searches.

@NorwichCadets for all your Norwich Men's + Women's Hockey updates.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      @NorwichCadets for all your Norwich Men's + Women's Hockey updates.
      Explain twitter to me - I don't get it.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Cell phone texting AKA SMS (Short Message Service) meets the internet. Unlike a SMS which is sent to a single recipient, Twitter messages go to everyone "following" the sender (sort of like posting to a thread). The sender has a unique name - sort of like the old "CB handles" of yesteryear and people can follower the sender (tune in the channel).
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Essentially another medium for today's modern athlete to share their brilliance with the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            Essentially another medium for today's modern athlete to share their brilliance with the rest of us.
            I guess, I should have said that I kind of know what (I know you are limited to 140 keystrokes or something). I'm just not sure why I would want to "follow" a celebrity or have anyone "follow" me.

Comment

Both are reasonable questions.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I guess, I should have said that I kind of know what (I know you are limited to 140 keystrokes or something). I'm just not sure why I would want to "follow" a celebrity or have anyone "follow" me.
                For me it's simple: D3 hockey doesn't exactly make mainstream news. If I'm going to be a part of it, having a source of info from people who are connected to teams that I will see later this year helps, especially if they're fellow broadcasters who are likewise trying to be knowledgable and keeping up with their teams. It'll make my job easier.

Celebrities? Forget it. And I'm not one of those people who focus on "I have x number of followers aren't I awesome????". But for fellow broadcasters, I may be able to be of some assistance when it comes to the NESCAC and specifically Bowdoin hockey as this year progresses.

Twitter has certainly helped in my broadcasting of HS sports here in Maine. Sure, there's even less info/stats out there than D3 hockey, but outside of even that aspect, being able to find out info that goes beyond stats/the basics is tremendous for a broadcaster (especially if I'm calling a game myself). I'm hoping it'll be useful here.
                Last edited by ColbyWMHB; 11-17-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I think of it as an extension of the news, if it isn't something I follow in the news, it isn't something I follow on Twitter.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

For me it's simple: D3 hockey doesn't exactly make mainstream news. If I'm going to be a part of it, having a source of info from people who are connected to teams that I will see later this year helps, especially if they're fellow broadcasters who are likewise trying to be knowledgable and keeping up with their teams. It'll make my job easier.

Celebrities? Forget it. And I'm not one of those people who focus on "I have x number of followers aren't I awesome????". But for fellow broadcasters, I may be able to be of some assistance when it comes to the NESCAC and specifically Bowdoin hockey as this year progresses.

Twitter has certainly helped in my broadcasting of HS sports here in Maine. Sure, there's even less info/stats out there than D3 hockey, but outside of even that aspect, being able to find out info that goes beyond stats/the basics is tremendous for a broadcaster (especially if I'm calling a game myself). I'm hoping it'll be useful here.
                    I think when you hear the word twitter in the world of sports it's relativity negative....some athlete spewing garbage how they got jacked after a game, who they dislike, etc. Kinda like this board most days. Kudos to you for looking for a tool to make your self better at your job.

Comment

I'm a sorta-hockey journalist on the "competing site", and I know our Managing Editor uses it. My stuff usually comes out on Tuesdays and its mostly statistics. Hard to fit statistics into 140 keystrokes, too. I also can have a "snarky" sense of humor sometimes so I like to make fun of what I don't understand. It is easier than trying to understand .

Comment

@SuffolkUHockey for Suffolk University Men's Hockey. Thanks Rob

Comment

Working...
                        X