NCHA Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHA Women

Since no one is giving the new NCHA any love, I figured I'd start a thread.

Going into the season, I figured this conference would be a 3 team race, with Adrian, St. Norbert, and St. Scholastica duking it out for the title. Lake Forest showed some gumption last weekend though up in DePere, and were 5 seconds at the end of the 2nd period from a potential tie.

This might be the most interesting conference battle. It appears that there could be 4 teams that have a legit shot at winning the conference, where most other conferences it really comes down to 2 maybe 3 teams.

I know the Waidacher sisters had a crazy weekend, but let's not discount the fact that they were playing Finlandia...and probably should have sat out the saturday game. Wouldn't that suck to get hurt late in the third period up 9-0???

I think Adrian's biggest question is in net. How will their young goaltenders hold up to the high powered offenses that they will play.

St Scholastica/St. Norbert is a huge match up early in the season. Is St Norbert the great team that we all think they are, or are they going to be mediocre and turn it on at the end of the season again?

Final thought....Is Marian turning things around? I know its early on, but they seem to be putting up a good fight in their games at least!
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Since no one is giving the new NCHA any love, I figured I'd start a thread.

Going into the season, I figured this conference would be a 3 team race, with Adrian, St. Norbert, and St. Scholastica duking it out for the title. Lake Forest showed some gumption last weekend though up in DePere, and were 5 seconds at the end of the 2nd period from a potential tie.

This might be the most interesting conference battle. It appears that there could be 4 teams that have a legit shot at winning the conference, where most other conferences it really comes down to 2 maybe 3 teams.

I know the Waidacher sisters had a crazy weekend, but let's not discount the fact that they were playing Finlandia...and probably should have sat out the saturday game. Wouldn't that suck to get hurt late in the third period up 9-0???

I think Adrian's biggest question is in net. How will their young goaltenders hold up to the high powered offenses that they will play.

St Scholastica/St. Norbert is a huge match up early in the season. Is St Norbert the great team that we all think they are, or are they going to be mediocre and turn it on at the end of the season again?

Final thought....Is Marian turning things around? I know its early on, but they seem to be putting up a good fight in their games at least!

Good start to this thread, thought more would jump in by now.

Scholastica off to a great start and may be tough. Scoring is always hard to come by in the womens game and they have it. Adrian will be strong again and Lake Forest seems similar to past years. Don't think St. Norbert is as good as people think. Got a little lucky last year and given the benefit of the doubt early on but Scholastica knocked that notion out of the park this past weekend. Marian seems to be better and coach moving in the right direction, but may need another year or two to be competitive with top 4 teams. I miss having the UW schools in the loop!

Comment

Re: NCHA Women

St. Norbert comes to Adrian this weekend so we should get a better feel on how both teams shape up. Looking forward to seeing both games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
        St. Norbert comes to Adrian this weekend so we should get a better feel on how both teams shape up. Looking forward to seeing both games this weekend.
        The result from this series may determine which team competes for the regular season championship!!
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Adrian splits with SNC. 6-3 win on Friday night, then a 2-1 loss this afternoon.

In the three years I've paid close attention to the Adrian girls, this afternoon was probably the worst I've seen them play. Completely flat, and looked at times like they had never met each other, let alone played together. They got what they deserved this afternoon.

Don't look now, but St. Scholastica is 3 points clear of the league now, and they host Adrian on December 6-7.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            The result from this series may determine which team competes for the regular season championship!!
            Its probably a little early to be crowning champions
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Working...
            X