Comment

Re: The NCHA Thread

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Adrian-SNC good. Northland bad.
      You just gave up my formula for LPS!
      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Adrian-SNC good. Northland bad.
        Your Fields Medal is in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
          You just gave up my formula for LPS!
          Why do you think I'm picking Eastern teams this early?
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
            Early thoughts and impressions?
            Concordia (Wis) and Lake Forest have gotten off to a great start.

Comment

Should know more after this weekend's games:
              Four undefeated teams face off..
              Concordia @ Adrian for two games and
              Lake Forest vs SNC in a home/home series..
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                Should know more after this weekend's games:
                Four undefeated teams face off..
                Concordia @ Adrian for two games and
                Lake Forest vs SNC in a home/home series..
                At this point I strongly believe that SNC and Adrian will go to the Harris Cup, and that CSS will be the third team in the mix. This weekend should give us some indication as to whether or not LFC and CUW have made enough strides to be in the HC conversation. I don't expect that either team will win these games on the road, but how they handle this weekend could indicate where they are as Harris Cup qualifiers.

The usual suspects as Harris Cup participants, Marian- MSOE- Lawrence, have lost ground over the past year due to graduating their top offensive players. Marian or MSOE could sneak into the HC picture, but Lawrence has really hit the skids due to their inability to recruit enough quality players to keep this team in the picture. LU peaked 2 years ago as a 4th place finisher and making the Harris Cup. Losing that HC play-in series to Northland last season , on home ice, was their last hurrah for now.

Last year Northland peaked making it to the HC , but their playoff window has closed. Finlandia has taken a few more steps backwards and will be out of the HC for near future. Aurora can't start playing NCHA games fast enough for this duo.
                2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
                  Finlandia has taken a few more steps backwards and will be out of the HC for near future. Aurora can't start playing NCHA games fast enough for this duo.
                  Given what I saw from the few minutes of Finlandia (as a Finn, I love the name of that school) and SNC last weekend, your statement is kind of an endorsement that SNC should not be ranked #1.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Given what I saw from the few minutes of Finlandia (as a Finn, I love the name of that school) and SNC last weekend, your statement is kind of an endorsement that SNC should not be ranked #1.
                    No way should SNC be ranked #1 nationally right now... and that's just fine.

Purely based on early results, Plattsburgh and Point appear to be the two top teams in the country right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Well, the week before UWSP beat Finlandia 6-1 and 11-0.

Therefore, one could believe that 1) SNC is not a good road team , 2) Finlandia is a strong home team or has friendly zebras , 3) SNC is not #1, 4) UWSP is the real #1 right now . or 5) the sample is not ample .

I tend to go with option #5.
                      Last edited by MW49; 11-13-2013, 04:09 PM.
                      2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                      THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Looking at this from a distance this is what I see,
                        1. With the small sample size UWSP is a beast right now.
                        2. UWSP stays hot, gets a pool B and denies Eau Claire a chance to defend.
                        3. St. Norbert is not the #1 team right now, but history is on there side and will be there (Maine) at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MW49 View Post
                          Well, the week before UWSP beat Finlandia 6-1 and 11-0.

Therefore, one could believe that 1) SNC is not a good road team , 2) Finlandia is a strong home team or has friendly zebras , 3) SNC is not #1, 4) UWSP is the real #1 right now . or 5) the sample is not ample .

I tend to go with option #5.
                          #5 for sure.

As for Point, I'm more impressed with what they did this past weekend than what they did to Finlandia two weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                            Looking at this from a distance this is what I see,
                            1. With the small sample size UWSP is a beast right now.
                            2. UWSP stays hot, gets a pool B and denies Eau Claire a chance to defend.
                            3. St. Norbert is not the #1 team right now, but history is on there side and will be there (Maine) at the end.
                            Or Point gets the B and the Blugolds get a C bid like they did last year. Always cracks me up how the field gets picked in November, when there is A LOT of the season left to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
                              Or Point gets the B and the Blugolds get a C bid like they did last year. Always cracks me up how the field gets picked in November, when there is A LOT of the season left to play.
                              I'm not on the selection committee. Just giving my thoughts. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X