Ohio State vs Bemidji State 11/8 - 11/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Bemidji State 11/8 - 11/9

Big weekend series for the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes played Wisconsin to 4-1 and 3-2 games this past weekend, but close doesn't get you any points. Bemidji has yet to win a WCHA game this season so they will certainly come in hungry. Ohio State needs to come into this series hungry as well. Both teams could use the points. Ohio State is setting in 5th position with 7 points. The good news is 4th place UMD is only two points ahead of the Buckeyes with 9 points. On the other side of the standings, 6th place St. Cloud is only a point behind OSU with 6 points. This is an important series for both Ohio State and Bemidji State. Safe travels to the Bemidji fans coming down and hopefully both teams come out of this one injury-free. Bemidji State fans, tell us about your team and what we can expect this weekend.

Re: Ohio State vs Bemidji State 11/8 - 11/9

Bemidji takes game one 3-2. Apparently there was a big melee at the end of the game resulting in 19 DQ's ... 10 for Ohio State and 9 for Bemidji. Glad I missed that. Hoping for cooler heads today.

Comment

Bemidji comes to Columbus and takes five of the six points. Congrats to the Beavers. Obviously, both teams were shorthanded today due to all the DQ's after last night's game. Bemidji ended up winning in a shootout.

Comment

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...4/bsu1109.html

Amazing Box Score BSU 10 skaters (6 F & 4D) plus 1 goalie vs OSU with 10 skaters and 2 goalies. Neither school mentioned in their recap write ups.

Comment

I wonder if the league will discipline the coaches for allowing their respective teams to get totally out of control?
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            I wonder if the league will discipline the coaches for allowing their respective teams to get totally out of control?
            Apparently Brad Frost was asked what he would do in that situation, and he basically replied that he didn't know -- that he wasn't sure if he was supposed to stay on the bench or come off the bench to try to break it up.
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

The Unofficial Three Stars for Saturday's Rematch are now posted on the WCHA thread.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Rumor out east was that one of the officials was injured while trying to break up the melee? If that is indeed the case, I would expect there will be more action taken by someone.
                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  Rumor out east was that one of the officials was injured while trying to break up the melee? If that is indeed the case, I would expect there will be more action taken by someone.
                  I understand a broken nose from a punch. TTT posted YouTube link of fight pretty mild.

Comment

From TTT

I youtube'd the fight from BSU/OSU the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ZSIgJkQ-o

Comment

would anyone think that is a fight in men's hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Tncuse View Post
                        would anyone think that is a fight in men's hockey?
                        On its own - no. With a referee with a broken nose - yes.

Comment

Working...
                        X