UNO vs NODAK. The Sioux and their fans are looking for redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO vs NODAK. The Sioux and their fans are looking for redemption

and Archie has a bullseye painted on his back. Enjoy your stay folks.
    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Re: UNO vs NODAK. The Sioux and their fans are looking for redemption

I wish Archibald had Rex or at least Hamm painted on his back. They were way cooler Toy Story characters than Bullseye.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I have no idea what this weekend might hold. I can envision almost anything happening after what both these teams did last weekend. I note that ticket sales for Saturday night, in particular, are pretty good. UNO, historically, does not draw real well before the holidays. One night per season I offer to "foot the bill" for anybody that I know--friends, acquaintances, customers--that would like to go to a UNO hockey game and this Saturday night is the night this season that I have extended that offer. I, for one, very much appreciate the fact that the Fighting Whioux will now be visiting us every year. The only team that is on the same radar screen with North Dakota around here is Michigan, and, looky here, they are coming the weekend after UND is here (followed by Miami the weekend after that). Win or lose, it's gonna be a fun next three weekends.

FWIW, North Dakota fan, the best UNO game I have ever attended, in terms of atmosphere and meaning (a relative term in this case) was the very first game that North Dakota and UNO ever played against one another on 11-19-10, a game that UNO lost. This was the biggest crowd in school history (11,181) for a game that wasn't "promoted", somehow, and featured the biggest student turnout I have ever seen, before or since, and is one of the few times in program history I was actually proud of our fans on the level I was that night. At the time it was played, it was the 2nd largest crowd in school history, overall. It is now somewhat farther down that list.

UNO's weekend in Denver was so much the antithesis of the season so far for them to that point that I don't have a good grasp on where they really are. I can say this, every time we have played North Dakota, the players have spoken of feeling very strongly about playing well "for Coach Blais" (every occurrence of which has occurred during his tenure) specifically because of his history there. So, I think the effort will be there. The results? Anybody's guess.
      Last edited by Red Cows; 11-05-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to look for something most of them can't even spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Shouldn't you be causing SCSU fans to get their shorts in a know in their thread? Departing from this weeks' Minnesota Fan Manifesto might get you reprimanded.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I wish Archibald had Rex or at least Hamm painted on his back. They were way cooler Toy Story characters than Bullseye.

LOL good one. Actually if The Sioux's coaches were paying attention they'd know to send their boys on the ice with the intention of getting under the skin of Brock Montpenalty. Hope to see a big crowd.

Comment

That's what spell checker is for.

Comment

That's what spell checker is for.

Comment

*tumbleweed blows through thread
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

http://gifeye.com/3484
                    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      *tumbleweed blows through thread
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXiifFBHj5g

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Shouldn't you be causing SCSU fans to get their shorts in a know in their thread?.
                        Unfunny Nation needs no help in that department.

Comment

Big test for UNO. Got a nice road sweep against DU, but both wins were in OT and Denver looks a little suspect. I think the keys will be UNO's goaltending (which isn't a good sign for the Red Mavs) and can UNO stay out of the penalty box (also not promising). UNO has given up an astonishing 18 PPG's. Holy Jesus! I know they stunk on the penalty kill last year, but this is funk... on a whole new level.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            I have no idea what this weekend might hold. I can envision almost anything happening after what both these teams did last weekend. I note that ticket sales for Saturday night, in particular, are pretty good. UNO, historically, does not draw real well before the holidays. One night per season I offer to "foot the bill" for anybody that I know--friends, acquaintances, customers--that would like to go to a UNO hockey game and this Saturday night is the night this season that I have extended that offer. I, for one, very much appreciate the fact that the Fighting Whioux will now be visiting us every year. The only team that is on the same radar screen with North Dakota around here is Michigan, and, looky here, they are coming the weekend after UND is here (followed by Miami the weekend after that). Win or lose, it's gonna be a fun next three weekends.

FWIW, North Dakota fan, the best UNO game I have ever attended, in terms of atmosphere and meaning (a relative term in this case) was the very first game that North Dakota and UNO ever played against one another on 11-19-10, a game that UNO lost. This was the biggest crowd in school history (11,181) for a game that wasn't "promoted", somehow, and featured the biggest student turnout I have ever seen, before or since, and is one of the few times in program history I was actually proud of our fans on the level I was that night. At the time it was played, it was the 2nd largest crowd in school history, overall. It is now somewhat farther down that list.

UNO's weekend in Denver was so much the antithesis of the season so far for them to that point that I don't have a good grasp on where they really are. I can say this, every time we have played North Dakota, the players have spoken of feeling very strongly about playing well "for Coach Blais" (every occurrence of which has occurred during his tenure) specifically because of his history there. So, I think the effort will be there. The results? Anybody's guess.
                            My question is, are there any bridges in Omaha? Hopefully not, if this series goes bad for either fan base there won't mass bridge jumping come Sunday evening.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=95373
                              This is not a good start.
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                              X