Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Didn't see a thread yet so here goes....

Minnesota is coming off of a tough weekend against Bye.

Notre Dame is coming off of a split against Vermont.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Begin.....
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Re: Minnesota at Notre Dame 11/8 & 11/9

Should definitely be an interesting weekend of hockey. Both are highly skilled teams, and I'll be interested to see how Minnesota handles that on smaller (200x90 as I understand it) ice.

First time Lucia has ever brought a team to South Bend.

Comment

The Friday game is on NBC Sports Network and the Saturday game is streamed on NBC sports online from what it sounds like.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll be honest, I have no need for us to play Notre Dame. Jackson has touted a big strategy to focus on Minnesota. But overall the school has made its decision to look east...I see no need to give them a great relationship with our state as well. And in a rare side note, we won't even have our Saturday game televised because of the series.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          I'll be honest, I have no need for us to play Notre Dame. Jackson has touted a big strategy to focus on Minnesota. But overall the school has made its decision to look east...I see no need to give them a great relationship with our state as well. And in a rare side note, we won't even have our Saturday game televised because of the series.
          Not a Minny fan, but hate the domers. I wish they'd go 0-infinity in every sport. Sweep 'em.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

This game would have been so much better if Notre Dame was still ranked #2. Should be another good test for the Gophers since there's a lot of hockey that's played on the smaller sheet. I'm betting that there were more than a couple of practices at Ridder during the bye week. Size may trump speed this weekend.

Comment

Sweep.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                Should definitely be an interesting weekend of hockey. Both are highly skilled teams, and I'll be interested to see how Minnesota handles that on smaller (200x90 as I understand it) ice.

First time Lucia has ever brought a team to South Bend.
                Agreed. Should be very interesting weekend and a good measure of the team. Despite the ranking the Gophers have, we have some flaws and would love to see a strong effort against a good team on a smaller sheet of ice.

Surprised that nobody has started to worry if Don Lucia will have a picture taken in a Notre Dame jersey.

TV coverage is less than ideal but we will muddle through somehow.
                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Nicely done. Provincial Jack*** Post of the Month.

Comment

They are a quality opponent which helps the team develop, tDon's AM and he gets to see Mario. tDon has a little more say in who they play than you do and he has reason to play them, so it is going to happen. The Sat TV thing sucks.

And as for if they are rated #2 or not (GF89), 5 seconds after the puck is dropped, it matters none, especially this early in the year. What will matter is how fun the game is to watch and who wins.

Please, someone, post a link when available. And does anyone know for sure if a password is needed?

Comment

I think the smaller ice sheet stuff gets way over-hyped, which is fine. These kids all learned how to play hockey on the smaller sheet, also all of our freshman have only played 4 games on the larger sheet I think they should be ok. My opinion of course.
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is the link Koho for Saturdays online game.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/#live-events
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          I think the smaller ice sheet stuff gets way over-hyped, which is fine. These kids all learned how to play hockey on the smaller sheet, also all of our freshman have only played 4 games on the larger sheet I think they should be ok. My opinion of course.
                          I agree it is a little overblown, although the effect also varies with the team you are playing. A slower, trapping team does get a little tougher on smaller rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            I agree it is a little overblown, although the effect also varies with the team you are playing. A slower, trapping team does get a little tougher on smaller rink.
                            agreed.

Do Notre Dame fans post on these boards?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              I generally agree with this. The one way in which i do think it makes a difference is that we have a young, smaller (yet ultra talented) team. On the big ice the youth and size isn't as big of a factor against older, larger teams as the young guns we have can use their speed and skill to offset that. On a smaller sheet that becomes more difficult.

Generally speaking though, this Gopher squad is talented and gritty enough where ice size shouldn't be as big of a factor though.
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                              X