RPI @ Harvard, 11/1/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Harvard, 11/1/13

Harvard twice in one week? So we can free up our schedule to play Union in a third game later this season? Oh, why didn't you say so?

Actually, H does have a lot of promising freshmen... and we are playing in their barn. It's our first road ECAC game. A good challenge...

Still, after Tuesday's game, we should be looking for the chance to show ourselves and our fans what kind of effort and skill we can we can put together as a team and then play like that team night after night. It's time to play the Engineer Way.
    Here we come!

Re: RPI @ Harvard, 11/1/13

2013-14
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         2- 1- 0  4 points   .667
    burgie12           1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    fr joe             1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    REDRocket          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 0- 1  1 point    .500

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2013-14 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        36-33-11 83 points  .519
    fr joe            36-38- 9 81 points  .488
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 5 37 points  .440
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    burgie12           4- 2- 0  8 points  .667
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0  4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/Alma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Save travels to all who are making the trek out to Harvard tonight. Windy and rainy should make for a fun drive down the back roads towards Cambridge.. Can't wait to see how the team responds to Tuesday nights tie. If we play the Engineer Way we should be alright. Lets go Red
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

We need to learn from Tuesday. We still need to learn how to win.
        Come out strong and play for 60 minutes. We can do great things this year if everyone shows up for every game.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

It should be interesting to see who really become "passengers" and ride the pine tonight. Maybe Riley B will see his first action of the season or DeVito will be back in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            It should be interesting to see who really become "passengers" and ride the pine tonight. Maybe Riley B will see his first action of the season or DeVito will be back in the lineup.
            Wouldn't be surprised to see Miller on the bench. Coach really tore into him on the bench after he went for a skate behind the net and wasn't in front for a pass and a good scoring opportunity Tuesday.
            It was the first time I can remember the coach really giving it to a player at the bench.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              save travels to all who are making the trek out to harvard tonight. Windy and rainy should make for a fun drive down the back roads thru the berkshires.. can't wait to see how the team responds to tuesday nights tie. If we play the engineer way we should be alright. Lets go red
              fyp. :d
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                FYP.
                FYP. a
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Wouldn't be surprised to see Miller on the bench. Coach really tore into him on the bench after he went for a skate behind the net and wasn't in front for a pass and a good scoring opportunity Tuesday.
                  It was the first time I can remember the coach really giving it to a player at the bench.
                  On the bench, or in the stands ?
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

SA pregame video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUsS7_iXi3c
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I suspect a bit of a defensive corps shake up. Either pair switching or one swap in the line up. You just cannot give a Division I team extra chances in front of your net. Diebold is a fine goalie-when we play tight RPI defense in front of him. But if the D men do not clear the area and a forward does not come back-he is at the mercy of some very talented opposing players. I don't care if it is BC or Harvard or Mercyhurst-you just cannot allow anyone to set up shop in front of your creaew tihout paying big time. You do what you have to and if that means a penalty then so be it. Go Red!! We could use a bit of sunshine tonight and a win in Boston is always a nice thing.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        I wish that they would get rid of that "sound" at the end of those videos.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          How in the ---- can you do that interview and not ask OGC whether there will be lineup changes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            How in the ---- can you do that interview and not ask OGC whether there will be lineup changes ?
                            The interview was yesterday-i am pretty sure SA would have been crafty enough not to tip his hand. The final score 3-3 did not in itself necessitate any major change-but the overall play most certainly did. As far as i could tell-that game should have been in the loss column. I think we see a small forward line shake up-perhaps one new face in but also perhaps a couple changes in who is together on each line. I really do not expect to see a defensive pairing of 3 and 11 together for this game. I would leave the 2/5 pairing together until and unless there is some glaring reason to change it. The other problem I saw this last game-where did all our speed go? We were a step slower to pucks in their end and they were a step faster than us in our own end. Tonight in Boston we have one more disadvantage possible-they could use last change to take advantage of any special match ups that seemed to become obvious from the other night(although some coaches either do not think that important or are just ignorant of the importance).
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

[QUOTE=DrDemento;5800847]The interview was yesterday-i am pretty sure SA would have been crafty enough not to tip his hand....QUOTE]

Gotta ask the question -- even if you realize the likelihood of not getting an answer. Interviewing 101.

Comment

Working...
                              X