Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Bye - 11-1/11-2

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Have you seen the bye cheerleaders? I don't blame them for not wanting to score. Yikes.
    Hey he calls deer dear. He wouldn't mind if he thought he had a shot.
    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Bye should no doubt earn a suspension for daring to be on the same ice as Minnesota.

Comment

Bye's goalie cheerleader like, totally stones Ambroz. Meanwhile in the booth, Wooger misses the irony.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
          That is a bold and courageous prediction...
          If Wisconsin has a road bye, do they still lose?

Or is it only road kill that they score?

So many questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
            If Wisconsin has a road bye, do they still lose?

Or is it only road kill that they score?

So many questions...
            Seriously, even with roadkill they don't score very often...

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
              Seriously, even with roadkill they don't score very often...
              Completely true at this time of year. Frostbite tends to shrink a fella's enthusiasm.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Since this is a bye week, I thought I would post this here. I thought it would be a fun exercise to put together a hypothetical Team Minnesota roster that we'd take to the Olympics if we were our own country (not saying I want to secede or anything, just thought it would be fun). Might be a good excercise for our tArrogance muscles because I think this team would be pretty respectable.

Here are MY THOUGHTS

Interested in hearing what changes you'd make to what I have. I think we'd be very deep defensively, have two really solid lines offensively, and have some intriguing options in net.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  Since this is a bye week, I thought I would post this here. I thought it would be a fun exercise to put together a hypothetical Team Minnesota roster that we'd take to the Olympics if we were our own country (not saying I want to secede or anything, just thought it would be fun). Might be a good excercise for our tArrogance muscles because I think this team would be pretty respectable.

Here are MY THOUGHTS

Interested in hearing what changes you'd make to what I have. I think we'd be very deep defensively, have two really solid lines offensively, and have some intriguing options in net.
                  I just glanced through it but I think Jordan Leopold is hurt again. I'd replace him with Tom Gilbert for reasons I probably don't have to explain.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I thought it would be a fun exercise to put together a hypothetical Team Minnesota roster that we'd take to the Olympics if we were our own country (not saying I want to secede or anything
                    Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Comment

(not saying I want to secede or anything, just thought it would be fun)....and have some intriguing options in net.
                      First off, I've thought for some time that your state, my state and MI should secede and form our own country. The US is way too large and corrupt and a smaller country would give the people more control. The 3 states all have similar values and have a nice mix if rural and urban areas. So what do you say, as I like to put it when I want to do something, let's blow this popstand. Another reason to secede...now that I typed this I'm in the gov's data bank as a bad dude. The thing of it is I live right next to a rural airport, so when the drone is flying over head I won't even notice it. Not good.

Secondly, I didn't look at your list but from reading between the lines...your use of the word "intriguing" is code for "we have no viable option in net", though I think a 55" muskie flopping on the ice might be your best bet, though you will need more than 1 for sure.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        First off, I've thought for some time that your state, my state and MI should secede and form our own country. The US is way too large and corrupt and a smaller country would give the people more control. The 3 states all have similar values and have a nice mix if rural and urban areas. So what do you say, as I like to put it when I want to do something, let's blow this popstand. Another reason to secede...now that I typed this I'm in the gov's data bank as a bad dude. The thing of it is I live right next to a rural airport, so when the drone is flying over head I won't even notice it. Not good.

Secondly, I didn't look at your list but from reading between the lines...your use of the word "intriguing" is code for "we have no viable option in net", though I think a 55" muskie flopping on the ice might be your best bet, though you will need more than 1 for sure.
                        Your state would have to show some interest in hockey before we could consider letting you into our club. ;^)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Alex Stalock. Last I checked he's doing pretty well in San Jose. Just doesn't have a ton of experience, which is why I chose the word "intriguing".

Parise - Backes - Oshie
                          Okposo - Stepan - Wheeler
                          Eaves - Cullen - Bjugstad
                          Brown - Nelson - Stoa

McDonagh - Martin
                          Johnson - Leopold
                          Faulk - Goligoski

Stalock
                          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-22-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine who is close to the team told me the team got a scare last night when Kyle Rau collapsed twice the span of an hour while he and teammates were at a restaurant. They apparently took him to ER, where they ran him through some tests and eventually concluded that it was game night and it was just his body clock taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              A friend of mine who is close to the team told me the team got a scare last night when Kyle Rau collapsed twice the span of an hour while he and teammates were at a restaurant. They apparently took him to ER, where they ran him through some tests and eventually concluded that it was game night and it was just his body clock taking over.
                              Come on, let's be real here. You don't have friends

Comment

Come on, let's be real here. You don't have friends
                                Ha! There's Happy, Scooby, San Tropez, Tiggsy, Goldy_331.

Then there's lots of guy friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X