Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ tOSU - Battle of the little t's (November 1st and 2nd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ tOSU - Battle of the little t's (November 1st and 2nd)

tUMD is 3-2-1 and has played better than I expected. They are coming off a split with Notre Dame and now travel to Columbus to take on former Assistant Coach Steve Rohlik (who is said to have the best connections in college hockey).

I see that OSU is 2-2 on the young year and will play Bowling Green on Tuesday. Any thoughts from OSU fans? Hear on why they fired Oz? You've got a good one in Rohlik but with that oversized arena you'd think recruiting will be hard.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ tOSU - Battle of the little t's (November 1st and 2nd)

Nobody cares! hoooray!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Nobody cares! hoooray!
      Duck Biddy it's a flying tumbleweed!
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        Duck Biddy it's a flying tumbleweed!
        Look! There's another one!

I'm noticing a definite downturn in the number of postings on this site from a few years ago. Feels like there are no new posters.
        tUMD Hockey

Comment

No one is talking on the reason OZ got fired. This team has struggled early in games and even when they get leads they have struggled to hold them. The goaltending has been poor but on the same note the team in front of them hasnt been the best either. The PK is very weak they have trouble clearing the puck and trouble with turnovers. The PP has been better the last couple games but not very strong either. Derek Angeli has been the best player on the team by far. Hoping McCormick can get things going soon. I cant wait for Friday night i am looking forward to seeing this series.

Comment

I'm noticing a definite downturn in the number of postings on this site from a few years ago. Feels like there are no new posters.
            It's the economy, no one can afford to post. Definitely no new posters and jdubbs ran off at least 20 by himself.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I for one am posting a little more, but considering that I rarely have anything of merit to say it doesn't count for much. I still love all you taco kids though. p.s. even though it hurts the big 10's non conference strength, I want you to CRUSH Ohio State. Thank you.
              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

I'll weigh in with my always accurate and insightful observations. tDogs are coming off a good weekend vs Notre Dame. tOSU is coming off a shaky weekend vs a weak team. OSU also has to play a game in the middle of the week. Apparently they haven't figured out that real hockey schools play hockey on the weekend.

If we want a real contest, lets have a tUMD-tOSU football game.
                UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  It's the economy, no one can afford to post. Definitely no new posters and jdubbs ran off at least 20 by himself.
                  This is true. The poster numbers took a big hit when he left.
                  Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  No one is talking on the reason OZ got fired. This team has struggled early in games and even when they get leads they have struggled to hold them. The goaltending has been poor but on the same note the team in front of them hasnt been the best either. The PK is very weak they have trouble clearing the puck and trouble with turnovers. The PP has been better the last couple games but not very strong either. Derek Angeli has been the best player on the team by far. Hoping McCormick can get things going soon. I cant wait for Friday night i am looking forward to seeing this series.
                  Bad timing with the firing of Oz...coming into a new conference that might help OSU recruit better. Although based on their arena situation I don't think it will improve much.
                  And tOSU won tonight against an allegedly up and coming BGSU state team. Normally a weak PK team would be mean horrors for teams opposing UMD but the PP this year has been subpar. You're filling me with confidence and think perhaps tUMD will sweep.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

It would be difficult to say on our end how OSU will do. As others pointed out there have been difficulties with our game that shouldn't be there with such a large number of players returning. I don't believe the coaching change affected anything other than losing some recruits as Rohlik was here with Oz at the start of his tenure here and it doesn't look like Steve has tried to change their style of play since taking the reins.
                    As far as Oz goes story is he was so fixated on his vision of what he wanted the program to be he didn't see the forest from the trees in his disregard for our traditions and other things important to certain people and alumni who have influence and simply put the wrong people were rubbed the wrong way. You certainly couldn't fault the man on his credentials as a coach!

I think our play has improved a bit with each game and we may be competitive this weekend but we'll see. Our freshman goalie Tomkims play has been the most improved the past couple of weeks as his confidence has built up and he made some great saves last game but still needs to corral the puck a little better yet.

Regardless on if I feel optimistic or not about our upcoming games UMD has fielded some great teams over the years and have a solid reputation and I am excited to have you guys as our guests this weekend. I hope a number of your fans can make it here and we'll hopefully have some fun.
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-30-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

What's frustrating to me is that tOSU seems to go to sleep for about six or seven minutes in every game. Sometimes they have it all together and look great and then it's nap time. They give up goals in bunches and they score in bunches. It's a case of no lead being too small to overcome and no lead being so great they can't blow it.

Even though Rohlik was there with Oz he's the one calling the shots now and that changes things. He will do good in Columbus as long as he doesn't **** off the Paul Pooley fans in in Upper Arlington and among the OSU alumni. They are incredible whiners at times.

Only injury is forward Tanner Fritz. That's a big loss since he seems to be the catalyst for good play when he's on the ice.

I can see OSU getting blown out in both games and I can see them splitting the series but I can't picture OSU winning both. Will be there for both games and hope for the best for tOSU.

Comment

UMD should be without Justin Crandall who is out with an upper body injury. UMD has played better and better as the season has gone on and I believe they will get a win and a tie out of this weekend. Obviously if they get a sweep it will be very good for the pairwise against the B16.

What kind of style does OSU play? UMD plays a speedy game that often struggles with an aggressive forecheck and neutral zone trap. If OSU plays the same way that UMD did when Rohlik was around, it could be a high scoring series.

I'm still at a loss for why our PP stinks so much. That has always been a trademark of UMD under Sandy; no matter how bad the record of the team is, the PP was always good. Since OSU is so bad on the PK, perhaps this is the weekend where they score a few power play goals and raise that percentage.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

promo for the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rmvSN5ANpU

Comment

What kind of style does OSU play?
                            OSU tries to play a fast skating game as well but not a lot of hitting. One of two things happen in our neutral zone play, either the other team comes right through or the puck trades teams several times in the zone before someone takes control of it. One of our better players is out with injury, Tanner Fritz.
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-31-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

For any UMD fans attending, if you want to eat good food and not the concourse concessions there is a bar and lounge hidden on the lower level in the NE corner of the arena that for $20.00 you have an all you can eat buffet of good food good all game long. You can easily spend nearly that much on hot dogs, nachos and pretzels upstairs so why not eat well?

Comment

Working...
                              X