Round 1 of nWCHA Tech vs Northern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 1 of nWCHA Tech vs Northern

Both teams off to less than hoped for start to the season.
    Tech hampered by D. Johnstone out of the lineup after first game. Tech has showed flashes of the type if team they can be. Hopefully, NMU provides all the motivation required this upcoming weekends.

Re: Round 1 of nWCHA Tech vs Northern

Right, the losses to Wisconsin look a little worse after Wisco got spanked by both BC and BU this past weekend. But, NMU looked pretty good against UNO this past weekend (splitting), though what kind of team UNO will be like over the course of the season remains to be seen.

NMU has also been without their spark-plug Reed Seckel to begin the season. I have no idea what his status is or when he'll be back.

Looking forward to watching the home & home series this weekend; and, I hope both arenas will be packed to add some atmosphere to the nWCHA rivalry.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

woof!!!
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
        Right, the losses to Wisconsin look a little worse after Wisco got spanked by both BC and BU this past weekend. But, NMU looked pretty good against UNO this past weekend (splitting), though what kind of team UNO will be like over the course of the season remains to be seen.

NMU has also been without their spark-plug Reed Seckel to begin the season. I have no idea what his status is or when he'll be back.

Looking forward to watching the home & home series this weekend; and, I hope both arenas will be packed to add some atmosphere to the nWCHA rivalry.
        Michigan Tech has been in every game and fought hard to tie up games in the 2nd and 3rd period but just can't get over the hump thus far and finish a game strong including taking a lead (have not lead a second of a game yet). Their power play has really struggled without Siego at quarterback so they need to figure that out yet. The defense has been very strong and until Sunday crazy penaltyfest, they were actually even during the PK with 2 SHGs and 2 PPG allowed. I expect the shorties to continue, this team has some speed and will get shorthanded opportunities. Hopefully a home game and a rivalry game will help get the Huskies on the right track this weekend and start of nWCHA play with a bang.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

subscribed
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            subscribed
            I still remember the added intensity of a Tech/ Northern series, i.e. watching Phil Berger and Jeff St. Cyr chop trees while
            going at it in front of the Tech net. This should be a lot of fun to watch this
            weekend.

Comment

These threads were a lot more fun 6 years ago...

NMU should have Reed Sekel back this weekend... That should be a nice addition for scoring... Also a confidence boost...

That being said, rivalry game... Just flip a coin... Hell, just look at this series from 10 years ago... NMU wins in dramatic fashion on Friday and then we have the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned on Saturday... ****... I feel old now 10 years already?
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                These threads were a lot more fun 6 years ago...

NMU should have Reed Sekel back this weekend... That should be a nice addition for scoring... Also a confidence boost...

That being said, rivalry game... Just flip a coin... Hell, just look at this series from 10 years ago... NMU wins in dramatic fashion on Friday and then we have the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned on Saturday... ****... I feel old now 10 years already?
                That was 10 years ago? **** me.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  That was 10 years ago? **** me.
                  No kidding. I feel really old now.

What an awful game that Saturday night was.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And this thread is missing some Mojo...
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      No kidding. I feel really old now.

What an awful game that Saturday night was.
                      It definitely was awful until the last 3 minutes or so.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It'll be a close series. Of the two teams, I think Tech has had the tougher schedule. All Tech's games were 1 goal except the game the refs won. I'm not impressed with NMU's losses to WI or their victory over a UNO team that split with Bentley. Tech has the greater firepower, but I'd give NMU the edge on D. I'm picking Tech to sweep in a penalty laden, physical series.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                          It'll be a close series. Of the two teams, I think Tech has had the tougher schedule. All Tech's games were 1 goal except the game the refs won. I'm not impressed with NMU's losses to WI or their victory over a UNO team that split with Bentley. Tech has the greater firepower, but I'd give NMU the edge on D. I'm picking Tech to sweep in a penalty laden, physical series.
                          Please please no penalty laden games after last week. I'm still having nightmares...
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Tech really needs to focus and get these wins, or else it's going to be difficult to have much confidence traveling to Yost. Tech will try to use their speed to frustrate NMU and draw penalties, so we need to get that powerplay going. Officiating should at least be more even, as that was a total hack job by that HEA crew on Sunday at Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              and then we have the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned on Saturday... ****... I feel old now 10 years already?
                              I thought that game was 6 years ago at the Berry.

Okay, now I feel old.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                              X