UNH @ RPI, Saturday 10/26/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH @ RPI, Saturday 10/26/13

Both links are the same. Get some sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
      Both links are the same. Get some sleep!
      fixed
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA pre-game video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGNvJtvT61s
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The ECAC blogger seems to feel that, after a non-winning weekend at Michigan, UNH is going to be more motivated than RPI will be after last weekend's sweep.

I guess it's up to our guys to guard against feeling complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            The ECAC blogger seems to feel that, after a non-winning weekend at Michigan, UNH is going to be more motivated than RPI will be after last weekend's sweep.

Exactly right. Our guys need to play each game like it's the most important game of the year... because, well... it is!
            Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

We were not complacent, at least as far as I could tell, vs. SHU last weekend. If you don't get complacent against a team that you beat recently 6-0 after beating a ranked team the night before, you are not going to get complacent at all. At least that is what I am telling myself.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                We were not complacent, at least as far as I could tell, vs. SHU last weekend. If you don't get complacent against a team that you beat recently 6-0 after beating a ranked team the night before, you are not going to get complacent at all. At least that is what I am telling myself.
                It is all about matching up well. Some very good teams just have more difficulty with us due to styles and physical individual match ups-Yale last year had a phenomenal run but just did not handle us well at all. Hopefully we can start well tomorrow and then be able to settle in to play our style of game and then make whatever adjustments are necessary to handle a very good UNH team.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  It is all about matching up well. Some very good teams just have more difficulty with us due to styles and physical individual match ups-Yale last year had a phenomenal run but just did not handle us well at all. Hopefully we can start well tomorrow and then be able to settle in to play our style of game and then make whatever adjustments are necessary to handle a very good UNH team.
                  From the write ups I read, Michigan caused UNH lots of trouble with a determined, constant forecheck. They kept UNH bottled up in their own end. Top to bottom our forward lines are very tough to play against --if can mirror Michigan's effort, I like our chances. GO RED
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-25-2013, 02:58 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    From the write ups I read, Michigan caused UNH lots of trouble with a determined, constant forecheck. They kept UNH bottled up in their own end. Top to bottom our forward lines are very tough to play against --if can mirror Michigan's effort, I like our chances. GO RED
                    That may have been true for a good portion of the Saturday game, but the Friday game was nothing like that. After a slow start (10 minutes in the first period) UNH turned it on and outplayed Michigan for the remainder of the game. Their forecheck and transitional play had Michigan on their heels all night. If it weren't for a few posts and a couple spectacular saves that game would not have even been close. I think the type of performance you see from UNH hinges on which goalie they play. Wyer seems to try and keep the puck moving allowing UNH to get going in transition and the puck out of the zone.. Desmith likes to freeze the pucks and take faceoffs which allows the opposition an easier opportunity for offensive zone pressure, forcing UNH to expend energy clearing the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
                      That may have been true for a good portion of the Saturday game, but the Friday game was nothing like that. After a slow start (10 minutes in the first period) UNH turned it on and outplayed Michigan for the remainder of the game. Their forecheck and transitional play had Michigan on their heels all night. If it weren't for a few posts and a couple spectacular saves that game would not have even been close. I think the type of performance you see from UNH hinges on which goalie they play. Wyer seems to try and keep the puck moving allowing UNH to get going in transition and the puck out of the zone.. Desmith likes to freeze the pucks and take faceoffs which allows the opposition an easier opportunity for offensive zone pressure, forcing UNH to expend energy clearing the zone.
                      OK - Good info. I would note that the keeper's ability to move the puck hinges on how much pressure the opponent is applying around the net ...its not as simple as choosing to do it or not do it. In any event, no doubt UNH is a stacked squad...looking forward to seeing them in our barn...and hopefully beating them!
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        OK - Good info. I would note that the keeper's ability to move the puck hinges on how much pressure the opponent is applying around the net ...its not as simple as choosing to do it or not do it. In any event, no doubt UNH is a stacked squad...looking forward to seeing them in our barn...and hopefully beating them!
                        Wicked-from what i saw on TV in the game televised-UNH is not a big team at all-but they are a fast team. Not sure how that will play against or for us. The announcer mentioned they have 2 NHL draft choices on the team-I would think that is less than they usually have but not totally sure. I have to echo what Dropkick said-it seemed obfvious that a high speed up tempo game favored UNH against Michigan and faceoff wins were indeed very important in the flow for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          DEFINITELY try the veal parm!!! Jen always got the Chicken Cacciatore(she is a spicy little italian and swears by this place). http://www.verdile.com/menu.htm Second avenue and about 112th street. On the way back to HFH you must stop at Bella Napoli http://www.bellanapolibakery.com/ if your arteries can handle it. One of the finest italian pastry shops you can find.
                          2nd and 115th, actually. Just looked it up, since I'll be in town for Black Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            2nd and 115th, actually. Just looked it up, since I'll be in town for Black Tuesday.
                            Hopefully things have not changed much in the past few years. I remembered they were a block or two past the bridge. Small parking lot adjacent to the building. Jen's family was friends with Mike Verdile more than 40 years ago. Enjoy dinner and let's have a Black Tuesday victory!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X