This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-2014: Ready to Quinn

Previewing the BU-Bentley game with statistical breakdown and keys to the game:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...uk-hockey-east
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Previewing the BU-Bentley game with statistical breakdown and keys to the game:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...uk-hockey-east
      This season ticket holder is hoping the game gets cancelled due to snow. Although Bentley doesn't have far to travel...

If it's not then BU will lose by a score of something in the 4-2 range in front of 800 fans.

I'm also glad to see that if I bring an unwrapped toy I get FOUR tickets to the game for $15.

Greaaat...I paid $42 for my TWO seats...but I got a coupon book for a free popcorn and BU Women's bbal tickets.

I"M ALL FOR CHARITY...but why do they continue to screw the season ticket holders?
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
        This season ticket holder is hoping the game gets cancelled due to snow. Although Bentley doesn't have far to travel...

If it's not then BU will lose by a score of something in the 4-2 range in front of 800 fans.

I'm also glad to see that if I bring an unwrapped toy I get FOUR tickets to the game for $15.

Greaaat...I paid $42 for my TWO seats...but I got a coupon book for a free popcorn and BU Women's bbal tickets.

I"M ALL FOR CHARITY...but why do they continue to screw the season ticket holders?
        Agree... I'm hoping either the storm holds off or a postponement...

I understand the frustration about the discounted tickets from a season ticket holder perspective, but they do give us some nice gestures with occasional free tickets, the coupons, basketball tickets, winter hats etc... And I understand their need for discounted promotions.

Bomber had previously set the attendance over/under at 1,800 for tonight. Ill take the over... Barely.

Comment

Good seats still available! Yeeesh!
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

This is the most empty I have ever seen Agganis.

Edit: at least for a hockey game

Comment

So my first post here but I wanted to chime in on attendance and program. Bottom line is the building is too big. I get why they did it, and it's a nice arena, but there just are not enough BU fans to fill a 6,000 seat rink night in and night out, at the price points they ask for.

I went to BU in the "glory days" of the 90s…when the Final Four was commonplace. WBA was awesome, but midweek games were half empty and weekend games were popular but not impossible to get. The toughest ticket by far my time at BU was when (then ranked) UMASS and Duke came to WBA back to back in 91-92 for basketball.

While usually close to fill rarely was it an official sell out if BC/Maine/UNH were not in town. The difference is 3500 people in WBA were stuffed into aisles, the dreaded section N behind the goal and in nooks and crannies. At Agganis, 3500 people are spaced out and the atmosphere is terrible

They also need to realize that this is not the Red Sox or Yankees where fan bases are static. There is not one undergraduate on campus that has seen BU win a Beanpot, an NCAA tournament game or dominate Hockey East. The current on campus students know this hockey team for being above the rules, tarnished with sexual scandals , drop outs and apathy has set in. They have no desire to support this team.

The school needs to rebuild the relationship with the students, offer discounts to alumni to get them back, and stop behaving as if they are still the top team in the area…that distinction is up the Ave and will remain so until BU cleans this mess

The irony is my friends from BC feel the same way about their basketball/football direction now (never forgave them for leaving the Big East) so they throw their dollars behind the BC hockey team, which they never even cared about when they were at the school , when their football and basketball programs were picking off Notre Dame and North Carolina

Comment

Bentley has a good portion of the crowd that is here.

Comment

Plus a few hundred freebies I'm sure

Comment

My guess is 3000

Comment

Originally posted by BU1996 View Post
                      The irony is my friends from BC feel the same way about their basketball/football direction now (never forgave them for leaving the Big East) so they throw their dollars behind the BC hockey team, which they never even cared about when they were at the school , when their football and basketball programs were picking off Notre Dame and North Carolina
                      Well, they should forgive them now because it was one of if not the best move BC made under Gene DeFilippo. The football program is well on the way to recovery. Hoops is next for the new AD to fix.

Comment

Section 107 has 22 people in it by my count.

Comment

Section 109 has 34 people sitting in it

Comment

The BU bench has about zero guys playing well by my count.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

21 people in 119

Comment

From my view I'd guess 103 to be half full

101, 102, 104 and 105 less than half full

Comment

Working...
                                X