Norwich Women's Hockey ... 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich Women's Hockey ... 2013-2014

Practices are underway ... time to start talking hockey! So what do you think Cadets fans ... where is this team going?

Re: Norwich Women's Hockey ... 2013-2014

I hear there may be some unhappiness on this team and with Gove deciding to leave and I hear Rene Lortie deciding not to play (99 points in her 1st 3 years).....I tend to believe what I am hearing. Coach Maurice has moved on, you have a new young assistant coach, who was a great player, but that has nothing to do with being a good coach or a stable influence for a team that sounds like they need it. I think coach Bolding should be very happy if he gets out of the ECAC's this season, he may not even win the east if M'Ville has a say.....Not a great deal of tried and true playmakers here, a great scorer in Charrone but I do not think she will be enough. ....maybe he gets some mid semester players to come in or transfer???

Comment

Originally posted by cadetdad View Post
      I hear there may be some unhappiness on this team and with Gove deciding to leave and I hear Rene Lortie deciding not to play (99 points in her 1st 3 years).....I tend to believe what I am hearing. Coach Maurice has moved on, you have a new young assistant coach, who was a great player, but that has nothing to do with being a good coach or a stable influence for a team that sounds like they need it. I think coach Bolding should be very happy if he gets out of the ECAC's this season, he may not even win the east if M'Ville has a say.....Not a great deal of tried and true playmakers here, a great scorer in Charrone but I do not think she will be enough. ....maybe he gets some mid semester players to come in or transfer???
      Pretty pessimistic outlook.

I don't know if you can say this NU team might be a little overlooked entering this year but maybe they will be.

This team still has plenty of talent even with the graduation losses and other players not returning.

Chemistry is everything in this sport. It's a new year with new leadership and new players.

I'm excited to see how things shake out at the East/West. I'm sure plenty of Maroon & Gold players are eagerly awaiting the Plattsburgh game.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Roster is up collegehockeystats
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I don't know if you can say this NU team might be a little overlooked entering this year but maybe they will be.

This team still has plenty of talent even with the graduation losses and other players not returning.

Chemistry is everything in this sport. It's a new year with new leadership and new players.

I'm excited to see how things shake out at the East/West. I'm sure plenty of Maroon & Gold players are eagerly awaiting the Plattsburgh game.
          It is difficult to imagine Norwich flying under the radar. Manhattanville is always solid, but do you see Castleton or Salve Regina (or anyone else) ready to challenge for the top spot in the ECAC-East? When you start thinking about a pre-season top 10 aren't we all really considering a shuffle of familiar faces? To my mind any of these top tier teams (and some of them are west of the Ohio) have the talent to win the title next March, it is always a question of chemistry and team dynamics. Who saw Elmira-Middlebury as the final matchup as the season began in 2012?
          Anyway, can't wait to get the party started. Good Luck to players, coaches and parents for the coming season and hope to see you all up in Kreitzberg in a couple of weeks!

Comment

Thoughts are with Norwich Women's Hockey player Elizabeth Gemmiti, who is in Fletcher Allen recovering from injuries after being struck by a car. Police have indicated that it may have been the result of a DUI. People need to wise up. If you drink, call for a ride
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
              Thoughts are with Norwich Women's Hockey player Elizabeth Gemmiti, who is in Fletcher Allen recovering from injuries after being struck by a car. Police have indicated that it may have been the result of a DUI. People need to wise up. If you drink, call for a ride.
              Looking at the damage on the vehicle that hit her (see here) it could have been far worse for her.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Any news of Ms. Gemmiti's condition?

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                  Any news of Ms. Gemmiti's condition?
                  Liz has been released from the hospital and is back home in Canada.

Sent you a PM too.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

They need to throw the book a this guy! No room in society today for drinking and driving!

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Liz has been released from the hospital and is back home in Canada.

Sent you a PM too.

Comment

A belated Happy New Year to all, considering this is the first post of '14. I've decided to put in my nickel's worth on these pages and hope it will come across as wisdom and not aaaah, BS.

First of all, I will be the first to admit I had my doubts, going into this season, about this team making it beyond the ECAC weekend, but having been faithfully watching (streaming) since the beginging (of time), I'm now a believer they can go to the frozen 4. (and yes, I even paid to watch the St A game last weekend)

With arguably the best defensive corp in the league with Sharm, MP, and Parsons leading the way, it was just a matter of time before someone on the forward lines broke out and
                      would rise to the occasion... #21, Papagno. This kid is on fire. I see the coach in charge of forwards (Leclerc) even put her on 1st line PP the other day vs. Amherst so Kudos to Pag for figuring it out. And in case some of you have not noticed, the scoring has been coming from all four lines too.

Speaking of coaching, Bolding has seemingly elected to lead the defense and give Leclerc the spot behind the forward lines. I find that interesting considering most of the head coaches (at least in D3 land) take care of the forwards during games. Anyone care to comment on that?

And lets not forget the goaltending that have made the saves when needed. Even the freshman Celeste Robert had a great game vs. Utica. Boy, that was a bold move to put her between the pipes coming off a loss to Elmira... I wonder who made that call?

So there you have it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post

Speaking of coaching, Bolding has seemingly elected to lead the defense and give Leclerc the spot behind the forward lines. I find that interesting considering most of the head coaches (at least in D3 land) take care of the forwards during games. Anyone care to comment on that?
                        Perhaps it is a Vermont thing, or just wisdom behind the bench (we are talking two pretty good coaches here), but over on the other side of the mountains Coach Mandigo is on D and Coach Greer is on forwards.

Comment

Well, it was good to be able to watch NSN again after a month of "away games" video feeds, with the exception of that Utica game (more on that later). What a good game it was for chemistry building and to be able to shut out a decent, well coached team like SMU is a great step toward the ultimate goal.... the frozen four.

Papagno continues to validate my earlier post that she is real and I though #9 Anderson was my 2nd star for the nite. Third star to Charron for those two nice goals.

Thanks to all the Corps for showing up on an important nite btw.

And finally, kudos to Mr Acebo (play x play) for a nice job, and I enjoyed Mr. Dunning's comments during the first intermission but honestly, those two guys that worked the Utica game were friggen awesome... I'm sure someone else heard the same and need to confirm this.

Comment

Congrats to the ladies for a great regular "east" season and look forward to the last game vs Middlebury. Like on the mens side, all eyes are on the playoffs and looking past the first weekend, I suspect that somewhere deep down inside, we are all wondering just how far we can make it. Certainly, in watching the "senior niight" game vs Castleton, with no less than 10 graduating, Coach Bolding has as good a team, depth wise, as he has ever had. When you can put Charron on the 4th line and watch her score a hat trick, that's saying something.

I for one believe this team can go to the frozen four. It may have taken 3 1/2 years but Papagno has found her stride. Even George Como had to remark on her speed and overrall quality play. Factor in Moore and a few other lower classmen rising to the occasion and boom, we are there. Of course, none of this would be possible without the league's best defense, especially #8 Sharman. She is such a joy to watch. She never makes a mistake!

Wednesdays game vs the Panthers will be a barn burner for sure. Yes, it will help decide seedings, but more importantly, from a mental point of view, it will go a long way toward seeing if we have what it takes. I think the winner of Wednesdays game will decide who wins the NCAA frozen four. (Platty gets bumped) I'm saying 3-1 NU with an empty netter.

Oh and one last thing... I really like NSN's play x play and color guy Tanner Acebo but can some tell him to get a hair cut?!!

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post
                              Congrats to the ladies for a great regular "east" season and look forward to the last game vs Middlebury. Like on the mens side, all eyes are on the playoffs and looking past the first weekend, I suspect that somewhere deep down inside, we are all wondering just how far we can make it. Certainly, in watching the "senior niight" game vs Castleton, with no less than 10 graduating, Coach Bolding has as good a team, depth wise, as he has ever had. When you can put Charron on the 4th line and watch her score a hat trick, that's saying something.

I for one believe this team can go to the frozen four. It may have taken 3 1/2 years but Papagno has found her stride. Even George Como had to remark on her speed and overrall quality play. Factor in Moore and a few other lower classmen rising to the occasion and boom, we are there. Of course, none of this would be possible without the league's best defense, especially #8 Sharman. She is such a joy to watch. She never makes a mistake!

Wednesdays game vs the Panthers will be a barn burner for sure. Yes, it will help decide seedings, but more importantly, from a mental point of view, it will go a long way toward seeing if we have what it takes. I think the winner of Wednesdays game will decide who wins the NCAA frozen four. (Platty gets bumped) I'm saying 3-1 NU with an empty netter.

Oh and one last thing... I really like NSN's play x play and color guy Tanner Acebo but can some tell him to get a hair cut?!!
                              Sharman has been the team's best/most consistent player all season in my mind.

Murphy is starting to catch fire and is definitely a freshman to watch for the future. Now that Mackinnon and Moore are back the team finally has two of its better players back in the lineup.

If the goaltending rises to the occasion, NU could make a serious run here....

It all starts Tuesday with Midd though. A win could get a home QF game at Kreitzberg assuming NU wins ECAC east.

A loss would likely mean a road trip to Platty for the Quarterfinals unless it's a 5-3 split.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X