#2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

I don't know if he is or not, but I called him DUBBS first.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Anyone who actually watched the game can appreciate how poorly Wisconsin played in this contest. At least 7 of the 9 goals came on shots where the BC player had zero Wisconsin players between the goal and himself. CLEARLY BC had a lot to do with creating those breaks, it doesn't take an analyst to point that out. Anyone who has watched Wisconsin play more than once also should be able to realize how uncharacteristic this was of their team.

It's exactly what UMass-Lowell did in the NCAA tournament last season to the Badgers. There's no question in my mind opposition speed/transition is a serious issue right now. How will Eaves and the coaching staff react? I guess we'll see. If they can't stop speed, Wisconsin is absolutely f'ed. I'd love to just say this is a one time thing, but after watching UMass-Lowell last year take UW to the woodshed, I'm convinced this is something UW doesn't have an answer for.
      Nail on the head Chuck. That is my fear. Also think based on last 2 games Eaves VS York not a good match up. 06 BC was fast but not like 10 or now.

If its speed alone we are in deep trouble with Minny and Michigan.

Comment

BC was fast in 06, just very young. This years team is young as well, but the Freshmen are more seasoned and more talented than they were in 06. That was a rebuilding year for sure and it was a big surprise that they made the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          You know why I respect Wisconsin fans, Chuck? Aside from the fact that they are always nice people... it's because I respect any fans that have had to deal with North Dakota and Minnesota fans for so long.
          I see "The Alliance" has worn off...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            I see "The Alliance" has worn off...
            Not really, there's certainly the occasional back and forth, especially when we are playing each other, and maybe its not as strong as it once was, but generally speaking, we still have a lot of respect for each other and tend to somewhat watch each other's backs. Sort of like in Lord of the Rings when all the old alliances reunited to help each other in their times of need :-)

Comment

It would just be nice if they held up their end of the bargain and won a few more of those nice shiny national championship trophies :-)
              Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-19-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

You come back anytime you like, Wisoconsin!

Comment

Wisconsin you are so completely useless, I knew I was a Gopher fan for a reason...
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                    You come back anytime you like, Wisoconsin!
                    How about next time with our #1 goalie too!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                      I predict the Badgers will get two wins, and take over the #1 spot in the country after this weekend.

BC/BU fans....tell me why I am wrong
                      I would love to tell you why you were wrong.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                        How about next time with our #1 goalie too!
                        That would've changed the results! Pretty sure he just became your undisputed #1 goalie by not making the trip.

Comment

I'll just say that that was a less than ideal outcome for Wisconsin.

Comment

Your goalie play was less than ideal. I hope your #1 dude gets healthy soon. 16-5 Boston weekend. Ouch.

BU Hockey: Shooting Beach Balls
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Wisconsin you are so completely useless, I knew I was a Gopher fan for a reason...
                              Coming west next weekend for the games?

Hoping Minny can put up a little resistance....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Coming west next weekend for the games?
                                Oh God how I wish.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X