#2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    I remember both games with clarity. I prefer the latter, but concede the former. I will be in attendance next Sunday with my 8 year old, Cosmo, and I request that y'all go belly up so I can instill a strong western bias in my son's psyche. Thanks in advance for your collective acquiescence.
    Next weekend's games are going to be fun to watch. Two young, skilled teams that can absolutely fly. Two young, talented goaltenders. Can't wait.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: #2 Wisconsin heads to #7 BC (10/18) and #15 BU (10/19) HE/B1G challenge

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Next weekend's games are going to be fun to watch. Two young, skilled teams that can absolutely fly. Two young, talented goaltenders. Can't wait.
      Agreed. Having only seen Friday's 6-0 game I still think these freshmen look to be fast, gritty and possibly outstanding. I withhold too much praise, but 6 against a typically stingy ( may I say tight? ) Beaver squad is a good sign.
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

UMN vs BC.

Not 5-5.

We were talking about how you always beat up on us, right?

Comment

Congratulations to Wisconsin for the split on the weekend.

Comment

Obviously credit to BC, but that was one of the most lackluster efforts I've ever seen from a hockey team on Wisconsin's end.

Comment

I thought BC embarassed the WCHA all the time?
              In the NCAAs in the York era, you are pretty much right there Jdubbs Jr. The record and combined score WAS pretty embarrassing for the WCHA.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                In the NCAAs in the York era, you are pretty much right there Jdubbs Jr. The record and combined score WAS pretty embarrassing for the WCHA.
                mnstate0fhockey is the same person as JDubbs, FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  mnstate0fhockey is the same person as JDubbs, FYI
                  You know why I respect Wisconsin fans, Chuck? Aside from the fact that they are always nice people... it's because I respect any fans that have had to deal with North Dakota and Minnesota fans for so long.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

You know why I respect Wisconsin fans, Chuck? Aside from the fact that they are always nice people... it's because I respect any fans that have had to deal with North Dakota and Minnesota fans for so long.
                    LOL, it's not an easy task.

Comment

Wasn't your statement. Sorry to poke holes in the statement that was made.

But I agree. York has generally had his way with the what was WCHA elite in recent history. No denying that.
                      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 10-18-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Obviously credit to BC, but that was one of the most lackluster efforts I've ever seen from a hockey team on Wisconsin's end.

Comment

I don't get your reaction here Dubbs. I know you didn't watch the game. It was by far the worst I've seen Wisconsin play in a long time. BC took advantage of every opportunity presented. What else do you want me to say?

Don't you have some 15 year old recruits to suck up to or hassle when they don't pick the Gophers?

Comment

Chuck, no need to defend yourself. As a BC fan, I thought Wisconsin put forth one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Comment

I don't get your reaction here Dubbs. I know you didn't watch the game. It was by far the worst I've seen Wisconsin play in a long time. BC took advantage of every opportunity presented. What else do you want me to say?

Don't you have some 15 year old recruits to suck up to or hassle when they don't pick the Gophers?
                              Just appreciating your back-handed compliments.

Comment

I see where he's coming from. "We played poorly" can come off as simply an excuse when the nature of sports is you win or you lose, and the better team that night is the winner. Not trying to troll. I just hate losing and would rather be ****ed when it happens than have to think about it on a deeper level (which you have to do when you have to write about it).

Comment

Working...
                                X