Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Women launches today

Hey everyone

Arlan and I are back today with Wednesday Women, our weekly discussion of all things related to women's D-I hockey. It's linked on the front page, or you can go here to read it: http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/16/wedn...early-lessons/
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Wednesday Women launches today

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
    Hey everyone

Arlan and I are back today with Wednesday Women, our weekly discussion of all things related to women's D-I hockey. It's linked on the front page, or you can go here to read it: http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/16/wedn...early-lessons/
    Fabulous. Great article to start off the new year.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 10-16-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Great article, Candace and Arlan. Thanks so much for doing these. I'm looking forward very much to the Skarupa column.

You're right to identify BC's strength of schedule as a concern. Other HE teams have done a better job on organizing the out-of-conference matchups, though in Grant's interview with Katie King Crowley she said she was working on improving that for future seasons. And, although BU and Providence aren't looking like quite the forces they might have been, there's a nice cluster of games against them towards the end of the season that could provide some excitement.

Having said that, last season the Eagles' schedule didn't look too hard coming into the last couple of months, and (a) they managed to manufacture some tough matches for themselves anyway and (b) they then played their game of the season against Minnesota. So it's not clear to me that a lot of tough matches are necessary for a good postseason.

BTW, Field has of course started producing already. Still waiting for goals from Trivigno and the very reliable Melissa Bizzari, but they'll come.

Comment

So, talking of manufacturing tough matches for themselves...

Comment

Another great article: http://www.uscho.com/2013/10/23/wedn...-red-machines/

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Finally got around to reading. As usual, great insight on all of the teams and their prospects.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Love today's column especially the goalie impact for so many Team's well done - great column.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                Love today's column especially the goalie impact for so many Team's well done - great column.
                Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                  Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.
                  Ayuh, pretty good reading. Now, maybe once a month you guys record a Skype session and post that! ;p

Comment

Just as an fyi, the main link in today's Wednesday Women (yellow font beneath the photo) takes you back to the January 8th edition. To get to the January 22nd edition, click on "Wednesday Women: Upset central" under "The Latest" in the column to the right.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Just as an fyi, the main link in today's Wednesday Women (yellow font beneath the photo) takes you back to the January 8th edition. To get to the January 22nd edition, click on "Wednesday Women: Upset central" under "The Latest" in the column to the right.
                      Thanks for pointing that out; I've fixed it.

Comment

Minor nit pik with the current column. For North Dakota, Tapani is away @ Sochi, Josefine Jakobsen is still with NoDak during the Sochi games.

Good read as always.
                        Last edited by brookyone; 02-19-2014, 09:43 AM.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                        X