Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/18 - 11/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/18 - 11/19

This will be a stiff test for Ohio State. North Dakota may not have the Lamoreux twins, but they are still one of the top teams in the country. We will have to play our best games of the year to be successful. The Buckeyes have not had much success at The Ralph lately. We'll see if they can reverse that trend this weekend. After this, the Buckeyes are off next weekend, then will travel to Wisconsin before returning home to play Bemidji State. North Dakota fans, what have you seen from your team so far? What can we expect to see this weekend?

Re: Ohio State @ North Dakota 11/18 - 11/19

For the first of two times this regular season, let me just say, "Go Bucks."

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      For the first of two times this regular season, let me just say, "Go Bucks."
      Haha, thanks Eeyore! I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        Haha, thanks Eeyore! I'll take it!
        I think it's safe to say that OSU will have more than a few fans in Minnesota rooting for them this weekend.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I think it's safe to say that OSU will have more than a few fans in Minnesota rooting for them this weekend.
          It's too early in the season to root against teams because you don't know which team you'll be competing with in the standings.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            It's too early in the season to root against teams because you don't know which team you'll be competing with in the standings.
            Call it a crazy hunch, but I suspect the team(s) we'll be battling at the end will mirror recent history. And in the case of North Dakota most Gopher hockey fans have a little extra incentive - they've been rooting against them, like forever! And I think the bad feelings are mutual.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So, anyone want to get back on topic instead of discussing who the Gopher's biggest competition is this year? There's another thread for that.

Sadly, I won't get to see the games. Ironically I'll be in Ohio, wearing my green.

Hopefully there will be some good crowds at the Ralph for the games. Should be a good test for both teams. I like what I've seen out of UND so far. I really like our D. Young, but talented.
              Last edited by sfo19; 10-15-2013, 11:03 PM. Reason: double po st

Comment

It is never too early to root against North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                  So, anyone want to get back on topic ...
                  I'll try, at the risk that it won't be enough on topic to suit a UND men's fan.

NoDak with a streaky schedule early: three series at home, then three on the road, the last of which starts a stretch of three straight series versus teams ranked in the top four. That schedule, coupled with the future complications of losing players to national team commitments on certain weekends, makes this series vital for the hosts.

On the other side of the coin, this figures to be the biggest test so far for the Buckeyes. Any points they can get out of Grand Forks would help to offset the points lost in the SCSU series.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'll try, at the risk that it won't be enough on topic to suit a UND men's fan.

NoDak with a streaky schedule early: three series at home, then three on the road, the last of which starts a stretch of three straight series versus teams ranked in the top four. That schedule, coupled with the future complications of losing players to national team commitments on certain weekends, makes this series vital for the hosts.

On the other side of the coin, this figures to be the biggest test so far for the Buckeyes. Any points they can get out of Grand Forks would help to offset the points lost in the SCSU series.
                    Agree 100% with your last sentence. We gave up a lead Friday and ended up leaving two points on the table. We really need to figure that out and quit doing it. Need to develop more of a killer instinct.

Comment

The Buckeyes dropped tonight's game 5-2. I haven't read a box score yet, but following on live stats, we had cut into North Dakota's lead and it was 3-2 in the third period. Then, North Dakota scored a couple more goals and that was the final score. Hopefully we can come back and get some points tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        Hopefully we can come back and get some points tomorrow.
                        Congratulations on the win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          Congratulations on the win tonight.
                          Thanks Blackbeard! Big win for our team earlier today! Kendall Curtis opened our scoring the Taylor Kuehl had the gwg in a 2-1 win. Interestingly, Lisa Steffes got the W in net for us in this game. I am sure Coach Nate was just giving Chelsea Knapp a break. I am not going to speculate on whether we have a controversy between the pipes. In any case, it was nice to see Lisa get an opportunity to start, and she certainly made the most of it!

Comment

Awesome news from Grand Forks! And very cool to see that Kendall got another big goal. It's looking like a breakthrough year for #26.

Keep it going, Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              Awesome news from Grand Forks! And very kuehl to see that Kendall got another big goal. It's looking like a breakthrough year for #26.

Keep it going, Bucks.
                              and not a bad start for Taylor, 2 game winners now

Comment

Working...
                              X