Minnesota @ Bemidji State: 10/18-10/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Bemidji State: 10/18-10/19

Minnesota travels to Bemidji State to take on the Beavers for 2 games this weekend. Bemidji State is coming off a 3-2 loss and a 2-2 tie at SCSU, while the Gophers won the Ice Breaker tourney at Mariucci by beating Mercyhurst 6-0 and UNH 3-2.

Both games will be on FSN, 7:30 Friday night and 7:00 Saturday night.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota @ Bemidji State: 10/18-10/19

So no tired old puns about Beavers in the thread title? I didn't want to start the thread because any title I could come up with be so hackneyed I would have been embarrassed to post it.

This was a road series I was hoping to go to, but some relatives will be in town and we'll have to entertain them.

Comment

I was kind of waiting too, I figured someone more clever than I would have created a good "Beaver" thread.

Feel free to use the same old beaver puns jokes etc... in this thread though, I am still a 7th grader at heart.
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Gophers sweep.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

BSU doesn't look very good on paper. Not that that matters, but these are should-win games. I like the flow to start the season. Warm-up game, solid test, and winnable games on the road.

Comment

The Beav always seems to play very tough against us especially at home. They like to slow things down in the neutral zone (at least they did) we will see how the freshman are at being patient.
            sigpic

Comment

So excited to make my first trip to Bemidji!! Is it Friday yet?!
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                BSU doesn't look very good on paper. Not that that matters, but these are should-win games. I like the flow to start the season. Warm-up game, solid test, and winnable games on the road.
                Will be important Pairwise games too, especially considering the recent Pairwise changes and the fact that these are OOC road games.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  I was kind of waiting too, I figured someone more clever than I would have created a good "Beaver" thread.

Feel free to use the same old beaver puns jokes etc... in this thread though, I am still a 7th grader at heart.
                  Johnny was playing outside when he really had to go to the bathroom. He runs in and his grandma was about to take a shower. He looks at her crotch and says, “Whats that?” She says, “Well, it's a beaver, Johnny.”

The next day the same thing happens, only his mom is taking the shower. He says, “Mom I know what that is. It's a beaver, but I think grandma's is dead because it's tongue is hanging out.”

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    The Beav always seems to play very tough against us especially at home.
                    The Beavs sure played us tough this past March in the first round of the WCHA playoffs, and that was at OUR home. First game went to OT, and in the second we had to rally from being two goals down with the game winner coming in the last minute of regulation. I'm expecting a tough, hard-fought series up there. It'll be the first college road trip for all our new guys, and the games will be played on a smaller ice surface. We'll see how well they respond when they drop the puck. Sure hope they come mentally prepared and don't think they're going to win two based on talent alone.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

An 80-year old man walks into the doctor's office for his regular check-up. The doctor says to him, "Hello Ted, good to see you, how are you feeling?" "Great", says the old man. "I have an 18-year old wife, and she's pregnant with my child." The doctor gives a concerned look and says to Ted, "Ted, let me tell you a story. See, I have this hunter friend and early one morning, he goes out hunting, but he's in such a hurry that he grabs his umbrella instead of his gun. So, as he's out hunting, suddenly he spots a beaver. He aims at the beaver with his umbrella and shoots at it. Bam! The beaver falls dead to the ground. "What?!" cries the old man, "that's impossible! Someone else must have shot the beaver." "Exactly", says the doctor.

Comment

Love it Harley!

We will really need to pound the puck in deep this weekend against the Beaver,they will clamp down hard around us all game I'm sure.

Comment

This is going to be an interesting series. BSU played SCSU really tight last weekend, in St. Cloud. Sounds like Walsh was pretty impressive in goal both games, stopping 70 of 75 shots.

It will be interesting to see how some of the youngsters respond to a team that plays a slow-it-down, clog-it-up style. It will also be interesting to see how they play in a road series with no conference or any other real significance (yes, it could be an important PWR series, but that isn't something that always carries over to the players the first month or two of the season).

Bottom line: I'll be quite pleased with a sweep and happy with a win and a tie, but realistically I'm kind of expecting a split.

As an aside, I know Cammarata and Kloos were the two freshman forwards that everyone was eagerly waiting for, but this past weekend I was most impressed with Fasching. Granted he was playing on a line with two experienced and talented guys in Rau and Warning, but the kid moves around the rink quite well for a big guy, he seems to have the strength (both physically and on his skates) to dig and protect the puck in the corners and to handle some of the other "big men" in college hockey, he passes well and he seems to really have a nose for the net. Overall he looked great, and as long as this past weekend is the starting point for progression he could be really good by the end of the season.

Comment

Two Indians, Running Bear and Little Beaver went to the outhouse teepee, situated on the edge of a cliff. Everyday they used the outhouse teepee, and then returned to their village. But one day, they went to use the outhouse teepee and Running Bear said, "Terrible, terrible, the outhouse teepee smells to high heaven! It smells like someone has died in there. I'm not goin' in there with it smelling like that...no way!" Little Beaver felt sorry for Running Bear and suddenly had a brilliant idea, "Why don't we just push the outhouse teepee over the cliff, and go build another one?" So they both agreed and promptly pushed the outhouse teepee over the cliff.

A few days later, the Chief of the tribe called a pow wow. He looked slowly over the tribe and then asked," Who threw the outhouse teepee over the cliff?" No one answered. So the chief decided to tell this story: "I will tell you story of a great man named George Washington. When he was a little boy, his father asked him, 'Who chopped down the cherry tree?' The little boy George Washington immediately answered and said, 'It was I father'. His father was so pleased with his quick answer, that he rewarded little George Washington and then later in life, he became the Great leader of his nation".

"So once again, I ask you, who pushed the outhouse teepee over the cliff?" Thinking he would get a reward, Little Beaver raised his hand and said, "It was I Great Chief that pushed the outhouse teepee over the cliff". The Chief suddenly sat up, walked over to Little Beaver and began kicking the crap out of him. A short time later, Little Beaver was taken to the tribal hospital with multiple injuries.

A few days later, the Chief went to visit him. Respectfully, the Little beaver found the courage to ask a question, "Chief, you are our Great leader, but I'm very curious. Why did you kick the crap out of me?" The Chief answered, "George Washington's father wasn't in the Cherry Tree!"

Comment

Just an update regarding parking at the Sanford Center. I know there were some comments over on Gopher Puck Live about it, but I don't have an account over there.

You don't pay for parking anymore at the Sanford Center, that fee has already been figured into your ticket price. Last year they did away with paying for parking as you enter the lots and put a $2 parking charge per ticket. I believe that is still going on this year.

And yes, tailgating is NOT allowed in the Sanford Center Lots. Not sure if it is enforced as I have never seen anyone trying it though.

Enjoy the trip up to Bemidji and GO BEAVERS!
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                              X