Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan welcomes Nebraska Omaha, 10/18-19: Gone Fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Michigan welcomes Nebraska Omaha, 10/18-19: Gone Fishing.

Discuss.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Northern Michigan welcomes Nebraska Omaha, 10/18-19: Gone Fishing.

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Discuss.
    We struggled against Bentley. My summation in the UNO thread:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5785507

A look at the Friday night game with Bentley, specifically, is two posts back from this one.

I don't know what to expect out of this team this season, frankly. I want to give Coach Blais the benefit of the doubt, but, his first two seasons here have been the zenith of his tenure here so far and those season's accomplishments were almost exclusively obtained with Mike Kemp's recruits. We'll know whether we sink or swim by December 1, that's for sure.

Comment

*bump*
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd comes in this weekend... I'm curious how MQT feels about the team and the shuffling that has gone on...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

To the casual fan or to the fans from a few years ago who haven't kept up with the changes, they'll think it's an old conference foe we haven't played in a few years.

I'm excited to have UNO on the schedule and hope that a long term agreement could be worked out. Maybe not every year, but play them every two out of three years.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            To the casual fan or to the fans from a few years ago who haven't kept up with the changes, they'll think it's an old conference foe we haven't played in a few years.

I'm excited to have UNO on the schedule and hope that a long term agreement could be worked out. Maybe not every year, but play them every two out of three years.
            If I was you, I'd be excited to have an opponent that is 4-11-2 all time in your building coming to play, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
              If I was you, I'd be excited to have an opponent that is 4-11-2 all time in your building coming to play, too.
              Sandbagger.

Comment

I will be making the 400-mile jaunt from Bemidji to Marquette Thursday. Although I hate to miss the Battle of the Rodents (my Beavers versus the Gophers), the new NMU basketball coach is having basketball alumni back for Saturday's practice and cookout. Also going to talk to a class in HPER on Friday. I did get $120 for my 2 Friday/Saturday seats in row 17 at the Sanford Center, so I should be able to go see the NMU-UNO match-up with enough left over for dinner. Despite some bewilderment from the locals, I am looking forward to the Villa Capri; it looks exactly the same as it did in the early 70s and the lasagna, salad, bread and ice cream are still very good. GO BEAVERS! GO CATS!

Comment

Here's the NMU/UNO "history" thread from Mavpuck:

http://www.mavpuck.com/mpboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9025

Replete with references to fish shenanigans. By the way, lake trout seems an awful waste. We throw carp on the ice.

Fishgate makes UNO fan's blood boil to this day. Do not touch our fish.

Comment

Fun times.

I also saw on my Youtube page that the UNO contingent can't be bothered to read the full video description of the Fishgate video to see that proper credit had already been given.

And for the new folk:
                    Grainy, postage stamp sized, audio lacking, video of the seeing eye single from Pat Bateman.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yTn1yFH9U
                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STcfOjrFwY
                    *edit* Video shamelessly copied from mavpuck.com almost a decade ago and posted to Youtube years ago after asking for permission here on USCHO.
                    Last edited by aparch; 10-16-2013, 12:09 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Safe travels to the Red Army members that are traveling to MQT this weekend...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

NMU unveils new home jerseys tonight. The NMU Hockey twitter account showed them off:

@NMUHockey: Game Day!! #NMUhky debut of new home uniforms. http://t.co/6mI5WzLROV

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU unveils new home jerseys tonight. The NMU Hockey twitter account showed them off:

@NMUHockey: Game Day!! #NMUhky debut of new home uniforms. http://t.co/6mI5WzLROV
                          That jersey looks really good. A little more bold than the old ones.
                          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            It'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd comes in this weekend... I'm curious how MQT feels about the team and the shuffling that has gone on...
                            Crowd will most likely be clueless. Do not judge it by the crowd.

Comment

I hope that's a dark green and not black. Or else we're MTU South.

Comment

Working...
                              X