Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech @ Notre Dame, 10/18 & 10/20

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Does anyone know if the NBCSports.com live stream of tomorrow night's game is free for everyone or do we need a login to show you get NBC Sports Network via Cable or Satellite?
    Unfortunately, I'd say odds are you will have to login, since that's usually how it works. I get NBCS and I did not know there was a live stream, can't find evidence of it anywhere on their website.

Comment

More rare? A sober Irishman or Notre Dame hockey fan?
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Unfortunately, I'd say odds are you will have to login, since that's usually how it works. I get NBCS and I did not know there was a live stream, can't find evidence of it anywhere on their website.
        Click on Live Streaming in the top left of NBCSports.com and it's the 4th one down right now:

Live Extra 10/18 7:35 PM ETCollege Hockey: Notre Dame vs. Michigan Tech

Tech's weekend summary also lists two different video streams for Friday and Sunday, with Friday being nbcsports.com.

I'm thinking it'll require a login too. Now I have to find my Charter login stuff, but at least it's free.

Comment

Tonight's stream can be found here: http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/1708488 . And, as always, chat with us here:

Comment

This is the worst officiating I've seen in a long time. Let them skate ffs. Are Hockey East refs this awful all the time or is this a new Notre Dame special?
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Mel said this was the worst officiating weekend in his 30 years. He was embarrassed for the Hockey East Director of Officials.

Off day for tomorrow, and then back to business preparing for NMU.

He had positive things to say about the play of Heinonen and Hanna.

Need to forget this one and move on quickly. Need W's now and need to not let the officiating allow us to lose composure.
              Go Tech....

Comment

Mel said this was the worst officiating weekend in his 30 years. He was embarrassed for the Hockey East Director of Officials.

Off day for tomorrow, and then back to business preparing for NMU.

He had positive things to say about the play of Heinonen and Hanna.

Need to forget this one and move on quickly. Need W's now and need to not let the officiating allow us to lose composure.
                Go Tech....

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Do they require members to submit a picture of their rosary beads for access to the boards?
                  We have another board, but you have to know the secret handshake to get in.

I'm glad for two Irish W's this weekend, but the officiating made the games tough to watch. The adjustment from CCHA to HE officiating will take some getting used to.

Comment

From what little I saw, what I heard, and past history....eastern hockey can't take a hit. In a contact sport. Kinda sad.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      This is the worst officiating I've seen in a long time. Let them skate ffs. Are Hockey East refs this awful all the time or is this a new Notre Dame special?

This is the beginning of every new season - the league makes certain penalties and emphasis and we have a spate of uninteresting whistlefest games (ie, the marathon penaltyfest between MSUM and PC and Mrs Jon and I took in at the Coffin). I'm shocked this doesn't happen in the WCHA.

The best part is when the announcers try to tell us that this will improve player safety by removing dangerous hits. And by midseason, there are still dangerous hits. Sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

It is really difficult to pickup points in a difficult building when you have to face the refs as well. I watched the stream and they destroyed any chance of a great finish after the game was tied at 2-2. Take that with the quick whistle jobbing tech of a tie on Friday and it is what it is very frustrating for a team trying to gain respect with solid play against good teams. I have been trying to find Coach Jackson's comments to see what his opinion was of the game and its impact on the outcome.

Comment

When Coach Jackson says his team seeks to draw penalties, I didn't realize that meant they took every opportunity to embellish things. But it worked. so .....
                          At times it looked comical, but well it worked so....
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                          X