Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    Very cool! Did you remember to congratulate him on his Hobey Hattrick nomination? I'm gonna guess: probably not.
    Unfortunately you are correct. I had my 3 1/2 year old with me and he was running all over the baggage claim area so I never had more than a few moments to interact with him. The worst part is that as soon as I saw his name something triggered and I started searching on my phone for Hobey stuff but again my child ran and I couldn't get the info quick enough. Bad form by me for not realizing sooner. I was able to congratulate him on a great career and wish him luck with the Kings, but I was kicking myself when I got back to the car and the Hat Trick article loaded.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that sweet hat Dowd has been wearing with the old-school hockey-playing husky on it? That's awesome.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Any of you guys planning to make the trip to Schenectady this October? I believe this was discussed a few years back...
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

No. Going to St, Clooud is enough of a torture, and cheaper.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
            Any of you guys planning to make the trip to Schenectady this October? I believe this was discussed a few years back...
            Only if I can get a tour of the Ilium Works.
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Quinnipiac will be playing 2 at St. Cloud State in 2014-15 with the Huskies making a return trip to Hamden in 2015-16.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                Quinnipiac will be playing 2 at St. Cloud State in 2014-15 with the Huskies making a return trip to Hamden in 2015-16.
                I'm just glad we get to play a team from the all powerful EZAC. We haven't had a test like this in a while.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  all powerful EZAC.
                  That has a nice ring to it!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

School released a terrible new secondary logo today...

http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2014...606143541.aspx
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      School released a terrible new secondary logo today...

http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2014...606143541.aspx
                      Oh god. All I can see is this...

scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Have to say it's pretty generic. I like the old one better.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I feel ashamed that I got a graphic design degree from there with their communications department producing work like this.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Have to say it's pretty generic. I like the old one better.
                            And they were told that a few months ago when they first came out with a couple designs on this, yet they still pushed it through.
                            It's looking like a money grab and I think they are going to be disappointed.
                            No one I've talked to likes this thing.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              And they were told that a few months ago when they first came out with a couple designs on this, yet they still pushed it through.
                              It's looking like a money grab and I think they are going to be disappointed.
                              No one I've talked to likes this thing.
                              At least it's not a replacement logo. You'll still have the old one. It really looks like the new UConn one. Which was also a huge downgrade.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                At least it's not a replacement logo. You'll still have the old one. It really looks like the new UConn one. Which was also a huge downgrade.
                                It is a replacement for the current dog head.
                                The STC is going nowhere but this is the new secondary one replacing the dog head.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X