St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

Yeah that's the first time I've seen it too. Neat.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I don't really get involved in these types of threads anymore, but I just wanted to drop in and say Congrats to the Huskies for winning the inaugural Penrose Cup. St. Cloud was the best team in the conference during the regular season, and they are a deserving champion. Winning consecutive regular season titles is not an easy feat (only done by my school twice (three times if you consider the three-peat from 1996-1997 to 1998-1999)). You should be very proud of your team and rightfully excited at their potential coming into the end of March and potentially early April. Good luck the rest of the way...unless of course they run into North Dakota.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I see someone came up with a Pairwise scenario that boots SCSU out of the tourney:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5921569

From a first time poster, no less.

Comment

Must be sweeps week in the Twin Cities media markets. They found St. Cloud.

Yesterday Kevin Gorg was singing the praises regarding the St. Cloud State men's hockey team on the PA morning radio show, then Dave Schwartz has a live interview with Coach Motzko at the Herb Brooks Center during the 10:30 PM newscast.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post

Yesterday Kevin Gorg was singing the praises regarding the St. Cloud State men's hockey team on the PA morning radio show, then Dave Schwartz has a live interview with Coach Motzko at the Herb Brooks Center during the 10:30 PM newscast.
            People have an ugly fascination with prey.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post

You are aware they are just being nice to us before they kick us to the curb after the hockey season is over.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                What's the name of the NCHC tourney trophy?
                The McLeod.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  You are aware they are just being nice to us before they kick us to the curb after the hockey season is over.
                  Of course. You're absolutely right. Just found another article regarding SCSU men's hockey team on the KSTP webpage while checking local radar regarding the rain.

Maybe attendance concerns at the tournaments and regionals is fueling this sudden interest.

Comment

Good luck to St. Cloud against the Gophers tonight. As much as I dislike the Huskies and Gophers, NCHC representing makes St. Cloud the lesser evil between the two.

Comment

**chirp**

Comment

Disappointing end to a good season. Back-to-back conference championships. Back-to-back years with NCAA wins. Consistency means a lot and it seems like they are heading in a good, consistent direction. Realize that won't mean a lot to others but should mean something to followers of the program and future recruits.

Dowd and others are going to be missed but there is a lot of talent coming back. Going to be interesting to see what happens in goal. Likely Farragher is the guy but seems like Lindgren could push him. Concerned about what we have left on defense. Need to get better there. Anyone have a decent view of those that will be coming in next year?

Comment

Congrats to the Huskies on a great season. I miss the WCHA after one season and it's only going to get worse.
                          National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                            The McLeod.
                            Great they honer Bruce for help in forming the NCHC.

Comment

Was just picking up my mother in law at the Manchester (NH) airport. I saw an SCSU hockey bag and started talking to the player asking if he played for the school. It turns out it was Nic Dowd, and as I put the information together realized he was likely in town because the Manchester Monarchs are the AHL Affiliate of the LA Kings. He was incredibly nice and represented your school well. The experience even caused me to take back some of the bad things I likely said about him when the team came to Durham to play UNH last year. Best of luck to him in the future and I'm sure he'll be missed at SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
                                Was just picking up my mother in law at the Manchester (NH) airport. I saw an SCSU hockey bag and started talking to the player asking if he played for the school. It turns out it was Nic Dowd, and as I put the information together realized he was likely in town because the Manchester Monarchs are the AHL Affiliate of the LA Kings. He was incredibly nice and represented your school well. The experience even caused me to take back some of the bad things I likely said about him when the team came to Durham to play UNH last year. Best of luck to him in the future and I'm sure he'll be missed at SCSU.
                                Very cool! Did you remember to congratulate him on his Hobey Hattrick nomination? I'm gonna guess: probably not.
                                scsuhockey.com
                                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                                X