St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State 2013-14 Season Thread: A Tough Act to Follow

We haven't played St Cloud since 2006-07 !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Yikes! Who am I thinking of?
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Yikes! Who am I thinking of?
        Aquafresh.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Question...Wondering if Dowd is the son of Jimmy Dowd who played for the Devils, noticed he's from Huntsville Al ?
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Question...Wondering if Dowd is the son of Jimmy Dowd who played for the Devils, noticed he's from Huntsville Al ?
            Nope. If I remember the SCTimes story correctly, the family has no connection to hockey at all (save for Nic). They were fans of the Chargers though.

If Nic ever gets in to coaching and UAH is still operating, I imagine that school would be just as much of a destination for Nic as SCSU would be.
            scsuhockey.com
            CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Guess I was thinking of Miami..
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Guess I was thinking of Miami..
                Florida?

Just kidding...

For those SCSU fans in the Twin Cities this weekend, by birthday extravaganza is this weekend at my (...and DL's) "office" if you want to join in. Starts at 2pm on Saturday and continues till whenever.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Hey...so we won last night.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Hey...so we won last night.
                    Yep.
                    Got one goal from all 4 classes too.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Hung on for that one.
                      I'll take it.
                      That Nevalainen kid looks pretty good, Papa wasn't bad either.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Hung on for that one.
                        I'll take it.
                        That Nevalainen kid looks pretty good, Papa wasn't bad either.
                        Worried about the defense. Not surprising considering we lost Jensen but we need better play on that end if we are going to win games against upper level teams.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Worried about the defense. Not surprising considering we lost Jensen but we need better play on that end if we are going to win games against upper level teams.
                          Well yeah, but we are just 4 games in, they are going to get better.
                          Big thing for me was Colgate racheted up the intensity and we didn't match that, but unlike previous years when that has happened early, we got the win.
                          They know how to win games and they know what they need to do to get where they want to.
                          Considering this was the first road trip of the year and a long one at that, this was just what we needed, even if we had to sweat them out.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Well yeah, but we are just 4 games in, they are going to get better.
                            Big thing for me was Colgate racheted up the intensity and we didn't match that, but unlike previous years when that has happened early, we got the win.
                            They know how to win games and they know what they need to do to get where they want to.
                            Considering this was the first road trip of the year and a long one at that, this was just what we needed, even if we had to sweat them out.
                            agreed. Unlike years past this team won these games in the past they might have lost or tied. These are big wins for the pairwise. Cologate will beat some good teams this year and help us out. now off to the land of dirty UNDies...... We will need to play much better against them if we want some points.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Upped by request.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

What page was this discovered on!?
                                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                                X