2013-14 NCHC Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 NCHC Predictions

I'm sure Western Michigan fans are wondering what they got themselves into...wishing the had gone to the wcha.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      I'm sure Western Michigan fans are wondering what they got themselves into...wishing the had gone to the wcha.
      All five of them.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        No, you don't get it.

When you copy something, there are then two of the same thing. Ex. Blackhawks goal song = Chelsea Dagger = UND goal song

When you use an element of something, or in your words "borrow from", it may be inspired by or similar in a way, but it is not a copy. Ex. Minnesota Rouser ≠ SCSU's new lame goal song
        We "borrowed" the crest on the Blackhawks sweaters....not the whole sweater. So Dirty is correct.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Western fans may not even know who SCSU or UMD are. I've visited relatives in Michigan many times and they have never heard of UMD.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

1. UMD
            2. Dirty
            3. UND
            4. Miami
            5. SCSU
            6. UNO
            7. Denver
            8. CC
            9. Western Michigan
            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              The spelling of the name of course (pretty obvious) they need to try and be like big sister.

Jan Jan Jan...
              right.... because Minnesota (and by Minnesota I mean the Gophers) is the only sports team in the nation that spells their team name out... Why don't we just say SCSU is trying to copy the Vikings? Jets? Bulldogs? You're REALLY fishing there
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Man, wouldn't that have been sweet. They were the all being slack jawed yokels were the SCSU equivalent in the CCHA, right?
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  We "borrowed" the crest on the Blackhawks sweaters....not the whole sweater. So Dirty is correct.
                  The crest as well as the logo. The logo being the thing that people associate with a team more than anything else.

http://sioux-jersey.com/#/1964-67-jerseys/4569203091
                  http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks23.html

So I guess people can decide which is worse, copying a jersey style or copying the actual symbols that represent a team.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    right.... because Minnesota (and by Minnesota I mean the Gophers) is the only sports team in the nation that spells their team name out... Why don't we just say SCSU is trying to copy the Vikings? Jets? Bulldogs? You're REALLY fishing there
                    The U of M did popularize a lot of things that are now used widely throughout college sports...including but not limited to cheerleaders and Homecoming. Spelling, however, is not among them.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

NCHC had a good night.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        The U of M did popularize a lot of things that are now used widely throughout college sports...including but not limited to cheerleaders and Homecoming. Spelling, however, is not among them.
                        like using robgreens to play football!
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

What many of the younger gopher fans do not know is that it took 5 or 6 years for fans at old Mariucci to get the whole state spelling thing down. When I was an undergrad, they could generally get through the "s" before the confusion took over.

Comment

Based on this weekends games.... UNO will finish 7th and WMU will finish 8th. WMU looks like a team that will really struggle to score.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              No, you don't get it.

When you copy something, there are then two of the same thing. Ex. Blackhawks goal song = Chelsea Dagger = UND goal song

When you use an element of something, or in your words "borrow from", it may be inspired by or similar in a way, but it is not a copy. Ex. Minnesota Rouser ≠ SCSU's new lame goal song
                              Ohhh, so it's like "sampling" in the rap music genre. They just borrow an "element" of the original song for their new rap song.

So where's our royalties for borrowing the spelling element?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Ohhh, so it's like "sampling" in the rap music genre. They just borrow an "element" of the original song for their new rap song.

So where's our royalties for borrowing the spelling element?
                                You get nothing without proving MN owns the copywright on spelling.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X