PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 NCHC Predictions

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

SanTropez
10-10-2013, 09:41 AM
http://www.sctimes.com/videonetwork/2731013342001/SCSU-hockey-unveils-new-anthem

What a crappy anthem... but then again the inner Jan does come shining through so that makes it awesome!

Dirty
10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Opening weekend and Denver already has to resort to promotions (http://instagram.com/p/fSmDqYKuqU/#) in a vain attempt of trying to get people to show up for their games. Hiring a new coach has obviously done wonders for community excitement about the Pioneers.

Biddco
10-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Yet you sent in the picture anyways so you could be in his pathetic little ticker and be included in his hipster fiefdom. You sir are a sell out of the worst kind.
But it feels so good.

Dude Love
10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
So SCSU copied Marcia and added a talentless guitar player.

Speaking of "whoosh." What does that mean? I know the Brady Bunch sang...but was there a guitarist?

Dirty
10-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Speaking of "whoosh." What does that mean? I know the Brady Bunch sang...but was there a guitarist?

SCSU took the Minnesota spelling cheer, altered it to suit their nickname and added a guitar. I honestly, and I actually mean that, did not think it was that complicated.

But yes, Greg obviously played the guitar (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brady-Bunch-Limited-Edition-Groovy-Greg-Poseable-Figure-W-Guitar-NRFB-/171064983873).

Tipsy McStagger
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
But we aren't in denial about this like SCSU fans. Oh no we didn't steal the Canadiens logo. Oh no, we didn't steal the Gophers cheer. Own up to your obvious theft and try to do something original at least once in your pathetic program's history.
I don't know who could deny we stole the Canadiens logo. But at least we modified it a little to make it ours. The Sioux just took the Blackhawks logo and slapped it on their jerseys like a high school team.

Stole the Gophers cheer? How so?

Tipsy McStagger
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
SCSU took the Minnesota spelling cheer, altered it to suit their nickname and added a guitar. I honestly, and I actually mean that, did not think it was that complicated.

But yes, Greg obviously played the guitar (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brady-Bunch-Limited-Edition-Groovy-Greg-Poseable-Figure-W-Guitar-NRFB-/171064983873).
So the U of M is the only sports team allowed to spell in a cheer? Someone better put the Jets on notice. I am sure they heard the rouser and had to have for themselves. Get real.

Dirty
10-10-2013, 12:14 PM
So the U of M is the only sports team allowed to spell in a cheer? Someone better put the Jets on notice. I am sure they heard the rouser and had to have for themselves. Get real.

You're the one who brought up copying, so I don't know why you'd have an issue with me discussing it.

First Time, Long Time
10-10-2013, 12:24 PM
http://www.sctimes.com/videonetwork/2731013342001/SCSU-hockey-unveils-new-anthem

What a crappy anthem... but then again the inner Jan does come shining through so that makes it awesome!

Wouldn't be a Gopher post involving SCSU without a Jan mention.
So pray tell, how does the "inner Jan" come through oh enlightned one?

ScoobyDoo
10-10-2013, 12:26 PM

Is nothing sacred? What exactly is in the water in Stearns County?

Tipsy McStagger
10-10-2013, 12:45 PM
You're the one who brought up copying, so I don't know why you'd have an issue with me discussing it.

I don't have an issue with discussing it. But saying that anybody who spells out their name in a cheer or song is copying the U of M is ridiculous.

Dirty
10-10-2013, 01:14 PM
So when UND borrows something from another team, they are copying. When SCSU borrows something from another team, they are not copying. Got it.

SanTropez
10-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Wouldn't be a Gopher post involving SCSU without a Jan mention.
So pray tell, how does the "inner Jan" come through oh enlightned one?

The spelling of the name of course (pretty obvious) they need to try and be like big sister.

Jan Jan Jan...

First Time, Long Time
10-10-2013, 01:51 PM
The spelling of the name of course (pretty obvious) they need to try and be like big sister.

Jan Jan Jan...

So the only reason Huskies is spelled in it is because Minnesota spells as well?
No other reason is at all possible.
Got it.
Arrogance indeed...

ScoobyDoo
10-10-2013, 01:58 PM
So the only reason Huskies is spelled in it is because Minnesota spells as well?
No other reason is at all possible.
Got it.
Arrogance indeed...
Wait. Your new song spells out Huskies?

Why?

First Time, Long Time
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Wait. Your new song spells out Huskies?

Why?

Ask the writer.

Dude Love
10-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Jan Jan Jan...

Keep telling yourself that.

4four4
10-10-2013, 03:47 PM

LOL! It made me smile! LOL!

Tipsy McStagger
10-10-2013, 06:36 PM
So when UND borrows something from another team, they are copying. When SCSU borrows something from another team, they are not copying. Got it.
No, you don't get it.

When you copy something, there are then two of the same thing. Ex. Blackhawks goal song = Chelsea Dagger = UND goal song

When you use an element of something, or in your words "borrow from", it may be inspired by or similar in a way, but it is not a copy. Ex. Minnesota Rouser ≠ SCSU's new lame goal song

First Time, Long Time
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
No, you don't get it.

When you copy something, there are then two of the same thing. Ex. Blackhawks goal song = Chelsea Dagger = UND goal song

When you use an element of something, or in your words "borrow from", it may be inspired by or similar in a way, but it is not a copy. Ex. Minnesota Rouser ≠ SCSU's new lame goal song

It's not the goal song, that isn't changing.