Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

I saw whole game on TV and the new HD format is worth the 8 dollars!

Comment

SAEMike - give the changes some time to see how it all works out. UAA won their tournament! We have an excellent new coach who the players love. There is a new DJ who is actually very good. The on-ice pregame laser show was great. They drew more fans this weekend than they have in quite some time. Please, try to see the positives!!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        I saw whole game on TV and the new HD format is worth the 8 dollars!
        So glad you got to watch it! Do you have a big screen TV?
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          If they consulted students, the public and season ticket holders they would have a thousand different ideas of how to go about it. That simply won't work. They did what was the best for UAA hockey. Did you go to the games the past few years? Because I did and the place looked EMPTY because people were spread out everywhere, even up in the nose bleed when there were great seats lower down. That was not fun, and the players had no home team advantage. Can you honestly say that the atmosphere this weekend wasn't better?
          I've gone to almost every game for the last 15 years, and most games for the 15 years before that (except for the short time I was in the Marine Corps) The atmosphere was better because they won, not because people were given fewer seating options. The atmosphere was awesome for the game against Boston College in 2002 when they tied them with a goal in the last few seconds the year after Boston College had won the national championship. (That year we could sit wherever we wanted)

Why would it be a bad thing to allow upper balcony general admission seats in a couple of sections? Is it really going to destroy the atmosphere if I'm allowed to sit alone at the top of the arena where I can see the entire game?
          Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
            I want people to know the truth. I want people to know that McDiffitt and Co. don't care what the fans want. I want people to know how ****ed off and hurt people who had season tickets for over 20 years feel when they are displaced to somewhere they don't want to sit. I want people to know that they make these decisions without any consultation with students, the public or season ticket holders. I want people to understand that this is THEIR public university. McDiffitt doesn't own it, we do, and when he's making decisions he shouldn't be doing so in a vacuum. It's the same attitude they had when Cobb was the AD - and they were the ones that blindly defended every move he made. We need a more responsive athletic department and people need to know what's happening for that to happen.
            Ok people had been saying for years "something needs to be done!" Now that they've actually done something you're complaining about it because dundundun! It affected you personally! This isn't about the rights of the fans, it's about YOU starting a crusade because they've done something that affected YOU. YOU just want things back so YOU can sit where YOU want to sit. Well guess what sparkles? Plenty of others have been affected too and have said "well it's for the better, things change, what can I do to make the best of it?" so cut the selfish butthurt crusade BS and move on. Want better seats? Buy a *ing season ticket and choose it or pay the $150 and watch from home or pack it up and never come back,
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              So glad you got to watch it! Do you have a big screen TV?
              Yes I sure do and it was nice to see the broadcast on HD! This will be a fun season!!!! GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

I've gone to almost every game for the last 15 years, and most games for the 15 years before that (except for the short time I was in the Marine Corps) The atmosphere was better because they won, not because people were given fewer seating options. The atmosphere was awesome for the game against Boston College in 2002 when they tied them with a goal in the last few seconds the year after Boston College had won the national championship. (That year we could sit wherever we wanted)

Why would it be a bad thing to allow upper balcony general admission seats in a couple of sections? Is it really going to destroy the atmosphere if I'm allowed to sit alone at the top of the arena where I can see the entire game?
                Yes, the atmosphere used to be good, but I'm not talking about 2002, I'm talking about 2010, 2011, and 2012. The atmosphere sucked. Doyle Woody even commented on it in his blog, and he isn't big on saying anything positive about UAA hockey. He said
                Decent crowds at Sullivan, and with the balconies mostly closed in the building under UAA's new seating arrangement, it made for a little more noise, especially when UAA's comeback got crazy tonight.
                Exactly. Look at it this way ... with a better atmosphere the players feel like they have something to play for. Maybe they'll start winning in this new WCHA, and maybe a lot of the fans will come back. Maybe we'll be able to open up all of the balcony seating on both sides because there will be a demand for UAA hockey (like there used to be). Give it a chance, that's all I'm asking.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

SAE Mike, give it some time, it's a temporary fix to a long standing problem.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Yes, this is the point of the changes! To prevent this sort of thing! The idea is to get people to sit next to each other to create a better atmosphere. Having you sit alone (there's that selfishness!) does destroy the atmosphere!
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Kendall Classic: UAA, Quinnipiac, UA_, Air Force?

Suze - My point is that the better atmosphere has very little to do with the seating change, we had already accomplished it without the seating change. It's about winning, not cramming people in like sardines.

You never answered my question. What harm comes from allowing me to sit alone where I can see the entire sheet of ice?
                      Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                        You never answered my question. What harm comes from allowing me to sit alone where I can see the entire sheet of ice?
                        If pack people together they are far more likely to do things like cheering and chanting together. Peer pressure is an amazing motivating factor. Spread people out and you lose all this.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Funny, it worked just fine in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. . . . works fine for the Aces . . .
                          Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Suze - My point is that the better atmosphere has very little to do with the seating change, we had already accomplished it without the seating change. It's about winning, not cramming people in like sardines.

I totally disagree. The seating change has everything to do with the atmosphere! If you are allowed to sit wherever you want, then so can everyone else, and we have the problem of the arena looking empty. Did you like all of those pictures of the empty yellow seats on TV and in the paper?

Have you ever gone to the Guns & Hoses games? Because they do this exact same thing. They have security at the top of the stairs and they don't allow ANYONE in the balcony until the lower bowl is full. It's the smart thing to do. And I for one am thrilled that UAA has taken this step to improve the atmosphere. Ask any of the players how they feel about the change and I bet they'll tell you how much they like it because the arena is louder and there aren't entire sections that are empty.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Suze - So there has never been good atmosphere for any hockey game except the Guns n' Hoses game before this weekend?
                              Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Funny, it worked just fine in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. . . . works fine for the Aces . . .
                                In the 80's and 90's UAA didn't struggle with attendance like they do now. And when the Aces were first starting out they also did this same thing, they limited seating to the lower bowl.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X