Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Posted by ushockey on the game thread score updates:

I know it has been a long time since you could celebrate a win over Union, congratulations on the win, but try to be factual. First I was at the game, second the video clearly shows Matt Bodie, after time expires, standing at the point position when you see Zalewski start charging full speed towards Bodie. Even if you have never seen a hockey game before, this is not done after the games final whistle unless that player has something in mind other than shaking hands. It is true that Bodie put up his stick to protect himself but no fair minded person would call that an instigation when it was just a reaction to an unprovoked attack.

All hockey coaches know they have a responsibility to control their teams especially after the game is over. No responsible coach would send or allow their team to charge unto the ice when there is an altercation going on as the RPI team did. In fact Union players stayed on their own side of the ice until it was clear that the RPI team was assaulting the Union line that was there. They then went into the melee to protect their players from this mismatch. In the video you will clearly see many Union players trying to separate their teammates from some RPI players who were attempting to draw them into fights. Anyone who has watched Union hockey with a critical eye will be aware of coach Bennett's requirement that his players play in a disciplined manner. Players who don't play in that manner are no longer in the lineup the next game. Matt Bodie has shown tremendous growth in his years at Union both as a hockey player and as leader. To accuse him of instigating is either ignorance of facts or a bald lie.

Coach Bennett is an outstanding coach who made a mistake becoming outraged by the RPI teams lack of discipline and thuggishness. He probably assumed this behavior leads back to their coach.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      sending players onto the ice, taunting players and coaches a.d shoving a coach is really calming it down. no victims here and seths days at RPI are numbered. key comment was "trying" to get his players back on bench. players dont listen to him
      So teams can't go on the ice to congratulate goalies on a good win anymore?
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Posted by UShockey on the game thread

I know it has been a long time since you could celebrate a win over Union, congratulations on the win, but try to be factual. First I was at the game, second the video clearly shows Matt Bodie, after time expires, standing at the point position when you see Zalewski start charging full speed towards Bodie. Even if you have never seen a hockey game before, this is not done after the games final whistle unless that player has something in mind other than shaking hands. It is true that Bodie put up his stick to protect himself but no fair minded person would call that an instigation when it was just a reaction to an unprovoked attack.

All hockey coaches know they have a responsibility to control their teams especially after the game is over. No responsible coach would send or allow their team to charge unto the ice when there is an altercation going on as the RPI team did. In fact Union players stayed on their own side of the ice until it was clear that the RPI team was assaulting the Union line that was there. They then went into the melee to protect their players from this mismatch. In the video you will clearly see many Union players trying to separate their teammates from some RPI players who were attempting to draw them into fights. Anyone who has watched Union hockey with a critical eye will be aware of coach Bennett's requirement that his players play in a disciplined manner. Players who don't play in that manner are no longer in the lineup the next game. Matt Bodie has shown tremendous growth in his years at Union both as a hockey player and as leader. To accuse him of instigating is either ignorance of facts or a bald lie.

Coach Bennett is an outstanding coach who made a mistake becoming outraged by the RPI teams lack of discipline and thuggishness. He probably assumed this behavior leads back to their coach.
        This is the stupidest thing I've read in ages. Thanks for giving me a source to avoid in the future...

Comment

• Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
          So teams can't go on the ice to congratulate goalies on a good win anymore?
          i agree. and in rpi's case they cant say, act like you have been thede before

union moves on and continues to be a top program led by a class coach, rpi the exact opposite

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            led by a class coach
            Not for the upcoming weekend at least. Ken Schott reported an internal two game suspension. Saw it on Facebook so I can't link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

union moves on and continues to be a top program led by a class coach, rpi the exact opposite
              A class coach? You have me in stitches right now.

Comment

So in your world, classy coaches punch opposing players.

Comment

exactly
                  RPI has turned into the biggest collection of underachievers in college hockey led by the Sean Penn of college hockey, aka dead man walking
                  Hater's are gonna Hate !
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lost in this mess is how awfully the last 5 minutes of this game were coached by Bennett, pre-brawl. 3:45 left, we have our 4th line on the ice after an icing. They're being centered by Roy, so needless to say, they haven't done anything well the entire game, nor should they be expected to win that hugely important faceoff. Also, the Vasaturo-Bodie pairing (which had been disastrous all game) was left on the ice. Rick decides to leave that group out at the most crucial time of the game instead of calling timeout. Union lost the game right there. Yet, he decided to finally use his timeout later after RPI had iced the puck, giving them the chance to rest and change while we had the man advantage with Stevens pulled. Stupid, stupid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
                      Lost in this mess is how awfully the last 5 minutes of this game were coached by Bennett, pre-brawl. 3:45 left, we have our 4th line on the ice after an icing. They're being centered by Roy, so needless to say, they haven't done anything well the entire game, nor should they be expected to win that hugely important faceoff. Also, the Vasaturo-Bodie pairing (which had been disastrous all game) was left on the ice. Rick decides to leave that group out at the most crucial time of the game instead of calling timeout. Union lost the game right there. Yet, he decided to finally use his timeout later after RPI had iced the puck, giving them the chance to rest and change while we had the man advantage with Stevens pulled. Stupid, stupid stuff.
                      Point of clarification: You don't get to change your players on an icing when the other team calls timeout. Only when you do. One minute rest time still applies, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Point of clarification: You don't get to change your players on an icing when the other team calls timeout. Only when you do. One minute rest time still applies, though.
                        Yea, oversight on my part there. Point remains.

Comment

Here's a link from the aforementioned declaration of Bennett's internal suspension: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ett-two-games/

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                            A class coach? You have me in stitches right now.
                            Can't judge Bennett solely on this incident. All of this stuff was not in a vacuum. Bennett is tired of Appert's team taking runs at his team. This crap started in the playoff series two years ago when Appert sent Curadi into Union's celebration to fight. I saw it, Fridgen mentioned it in the broadcast this is a fact not opinion. Same crap happened in the game in Schenectady last year when Curadi (who is a borderline D-I player on his best days) takes a run at an All-American with a headshot. Cooler heads prevailed until the third C.J. Lee runs a Union guy from behind. Then you have Haggerty's cheapshot on Bodie in the game in Troy this year which set all that end of game garbage in motion.

Appert sets the tone with the kids he puts on the ice. When you bring kids like Curadi and the Burgdoerfers into your program who add nothing but cheapness and thuggery to the league, and defend their actions when they act out of line you set the tone for crap like this. I'm embarrassed that the game ended the way that it did last night but you can't really blame Bennett or any of the Union players for what happened. This had been building up for a long time and Union got tired of turning the other cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                              Can't judge Bennett solely on this incident. All of this stuff was not in a vacuum. Bennett is tired of Appert's team taking runs at his team. This crap started in the playoff series two years ago when Appert sent Curadi into Union's celebration to fight. I saw it, Fridgen mentioned it in the broadcast this is a fact not opinion. Same crap happened in the game in Schenectady last year when Curadi (who is a borderline D-I player on his best days) takes a run at an All-American with a headshot. Cooler heads prevailed until the third C.J. Lee runs a Union guy from behind. Then you have Haggerty's cheapshot on Bodie in the game in Troy this year which set all that end of game garbage in motion.

Appert sets the tone with the kids he puts on the ice. When you bring kids like Curadi and the Burgdoerfers into your program who add nothing but cheapness and thuggery to the league, and defend their actions when they act out of line you set the tone for crap like this. I'm embarrassed that the game ended the way that it did last night but you can't really blame Bennett or any of the Union players for what happened. This had been building up for a long time and Union got tired of turning the other cheek.
                              Erik B was a Fridgen recruit. Just sayin'...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post

Turning your coach attacking opposing players and coaching staff into a history lesson and shifting the blame back on RPI? Really? And ignoring the cheapshotting your team does on RPI on a regular basis as well? Seems legit

Comment

Working...
                                X