Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Union played an atypically sloppy run and gun game last night, but escaped with the win. Ghost was guilty of several egregious turnovers yet was still +3, and hasn't scored in several games. I think he is likely not 100%, but if he kicks it back into gear watch out. Let's hope Daniel Carr sets the record tonight. Eventually we will lose to RPI, but I'd prefer to put it off as long as possible. Should be fun tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      Union played an atypically sloppy run and gun game last night, but escaped with the win. Ghost was guilty of several egregious turnovers yet was still +3, and hasn't scored in several games. I think he is likely not 100%, but if he kicks it back into gear watch out. Let's hope Daniel Carr sets the record tonight. Eventually we will lose to RPI, but I'd prefer to put it off as long as possible. Should be fun tonight.
      Just a point of information, we have not lost to Harvard in the last 9 and Princeton in the last 10. No one in the press ever made a big thing of it when we were getting mercilessly slaughtered year after year by some of our current ECAC friends.

If we win, do we get a trophy? Does it go back and forth like the Dutchman Shoes? Is it big like the ECAC trophy?

What happens if the game is a tie?
      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-25-2014, 03:30 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Not that I'm unhappy with the results.. but I agree that the team has been uncharacteristically lax defensively in the last 2-3 games. The SOG against totals in NH were quite shocking and I am concerned that team is thinking that it can win run & gun games.. of course, they have been winning these games so who am I say . The Pontarelli-Vecchione-Hatch line is FAST-FASTER-FASTEST and a stroke of coaching genius! A perhaps unexpected plus last night was U doing pretty good at the faceoff dot, particularly Vecchione who I see won 11 of 16! Stevens let in a softie for the first time in about a month, so hopefully it will be at least another month before that happens again. Hoping the boys can keep the streak going tonight.
        Last edited by ADK11; 01-25-2014, 04:32 PM.
        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

There is a trophy and it's a big one. Not sure about your other questions but I assume there is a tie breaking procedure, probably OT and if necessary a shootout.

Comment

Is there anybody out there who can tell me what Bennett's 5 foot rule is? He referred to it in the press conference after the Harvard game.

Comment

What a bush league response to WINNING a game. Wonder what RPI would have done had they lost. Bennett does not look too good either. The whole scene is deplorable.

Comment

Originally posted by SPSalum View Post
                What a bush league response to WINNING a game. Wonder what RPI would have done had they lost. Bennett does not look too good either. The whole scene is deplorable.
                You are the ones that dropped the gloves. Bennett should get a lifetime suspension for assaulting Appert.

Comment

Well this should be fun.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by spsalum View Post
                    the hatfields and the mccoys should provide some major entertainment in albany tonight. The dominance of union in recent years is astounding and surely galling to the rpi faithful. With their victory last night over a depleted dartmouth lineup, the engineers gained a modest lift. Union's game was not one of their best, which should inspire them to make amends this evening. The game is pivotal for rpi's psyche. College hockey always holds some surprises on any given weekend. It is unlikely in albany.
                    lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SPSalum View Post

If you think that the fight was started by RPI, you are SORELY mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        You are the ones that dropped the gloves. Bennett should get a lifetime suspension for assaulting Appert.
                        D*mn I agree with you for once.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          From what the the Union radio guys said, it seems that Flagdude is wearing cheery-colored glasses. Can't wait until the RPI faithful get what they asked for earlier in the season--an unemployed Seth Appert.

Also, Flag Dude: before you get too far ahead of yourself, remember that PRI has managed to only lose the last ten of eleven games to number 26.
                          Union Class of '07

Comment

Originally posted by x1795x View Post
                            From what the the Union radio guys said, it seems that Flagdude is wearing cheery-colored glasses. Can't wait until the RPI faithful get what they asked for earlier in the season--an unemployed Seth Appert.

Also, Flag Dude: before you get too far ahead of yourself, remember that PRI has managed to only lose the last ten of eleven games to number 26.
                            How many of those did we drop the gloves from being sore loser babies? ZERO. Given your coach was throwing punches, it was obvious who started that fight.

Comment

Come now. FD08 has spent the entire year denigrating RPI.

It is one thing when young players lose their cool. It is another thing when a supposedly mature man does. Gracious in victory should also imply gracious in defeat.

Edit: not that I condone the players' actions
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-25-2014, 09:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From what the the Union radio guys said, it seems that Flagdude is wearing cheery-colored glasses.
                                And you think your radio guys are not wearing Union glasses? LOL.
                                Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X