Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat?

From the second PENN STATE game with UML http://www.gopsusports.com/blog/2013...-lowell-1.html

Every second the Nittany Lions were on the ice, they were a tenacious, intense team looking to make a statement. They battled hard over 120 minutes of hockey, but fell short both nights.

Saturday nights' game, however, was a statement from both the Nittany Lions and freshman goalkeeper Eamon McAdam.

McAdam was making his first start at home this season and was the first chance Hockey Valley had to watch the third round pick of the New York Islanders in action.

McAdam and the Nittany Lions didn't have the start they wanted to the game. After the first 20 minutes of hockey, the Blue and White found themselves down, 3-1. McAdam had given up three goals off of rebound chances, something the freshman has been working on since he arrived on campus.

Don't know if McAdam will start .... looks like it was his first. After giving up 3, he stopped the next 31.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 11-26-2013, 10:52 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I'm done worrying about Penn State. Let them start worrying about U. These are the types of games (long road trip, hostile environment) that will provide invaluable experience down the stretch in the ECAC season and the playoffs.

Comment

Buffalo Junior Sabres (OJHL) defenseman Nick DeSimone is coming to Union next season. For some insight, I chatted with Junior Sabres head coach/general manager Michael Peca.

See what the longtime NHL'er had to say: http://bit.ly/1exwBUB

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
          Buffalo Junior Sabres (OJHL) defenseman Nick DeSimone is coming to Union next season. For some insight, I chatted with Junior Sabres head coach/general manager Michael Peca.

Please don't ever mention the Peca ever again on this thread!!!!

Comment

Sounds a lot like Shayne’s play.
            Union College Hockey
            2014 NCAA National Champions
            2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
              Sounds a lot like Shayne’s play.
              I really like what I've heard about DeSimone. He looks like one of the best gets of next year's class, which is shaping up to be very impressive from top to bottom.

He picked up another assist tonight (game in 3rd period).

Comment

Rivalry game helped Union land Buffalo Jr. Sabres D Nick DeSimone: http://t.co/LohFTrBQm0

Comment

Harvard takes down the current #2 in points in HE, New Hampshire 6-3. Another quality win by the ECAC over Hockey East. Way to go Crimson !!!
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I really like what I've heard about DeSimone. He looks like one of the best gets of next year's class, which is shaping up to be very impressive from top to bottom.

He picked up another assist tonight (game in 3rd period).
                    Agree that he looks like a good recruit, but the OJHL is a very offensive league and he is older & bigger so may have some advantages that inflate his numbers a bit. As comparison, Krug had very good numbers (close to a point a game) when he played in the OJ.. not saying I don't like Krug, in fact just the opposite, but doesn't necessarily mean DeSimone will be an offensive dynamo right off the bat. My take is he could be a lot like Gingras, which is obviously a positive comparison.

I am very high on the recruits for next season. I like both Light and DeSimone on the blueline as they will add some size in addition to great skating skills. I'm hearing very positive things about Scarfo, Hynes is progressing nicely in the USHL, and Ammirato is speedy & skilled. With 4 senior forwards, would expect one more forward recruit for next season, as I don't think Dufour or Supinski are ready to make the jump. Coaches are doing a great job beating the bushes and the future looks bright.
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

According to the Millbrook School website, Supinski will play a year of juniors next season (where, TBD) before coming here in 2015. He started his senior season at Millbrook on Saturday with an assist.

Most information points to Dufour coming in 2015 as well.

But things can change.

Comment

While on the topic of the recruits, here are updates on all of them:

http://t.co/D7XwzGTfAx

Comment

Former Union F Trevor Mingoia chipped in an assist in his debut with #4 Providence, a 3-3 tie at #5 Quinnipiac.

Comment

Senior defenseman Mat Bodie is nearing a milestone:

http://t.co/fNCsBNq3ud

Comment

Ex-Union forward Wayne Simpson had his first multi-point game as a pro on Friday.

Comment

A few thoughts...There certainly is excitement surrounding the recruits. Union has cultivated a niche, which is obviously attractive to "blue chippers." What seems to be less trumpeted is the quality of this year's freshmen. It is likely that they will have a very significant impact a la the class that led Union to the Final Four. Rick Bennett is one special guy whose signature is defining "Union Hockey."
                                Penn State will be itching to knock off the Dutchmen for a pivotal win. RB will hopefully have the team primed to avoid any ignominy. This Union team may just have something special. Should be a great season.

Comment

Working...
                                X