2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

The season is now officially here with a 3-0 win over Manitoba, and a 2-0 win in the practice shootout. I like the new home look with the new green helmets and breezers.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Re: 2013-14 North Dakota Season thread

Check mark. Count me as one who loves the green buckets and breezers as well.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the Sunday game live, so I watched some of it last night. All in all, they looked OK. Power play was not good, but that is to be expected with so many new faces and very little practice time. It's going to be a roller coaster year - 43% of last year's scoring gone and 8 freshman and 5 sophmores. Yikes.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I have been waiting for years for them to go back to the green helmets and pants.

Goal scoring is going to be an issue especially early. The biggest challenge is going to be the schedule. The conference is very balanced from top to bottom. There are no more 12 games a season against Tech, Alaska and Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
          I have been waiting for years for them to go back to the green helmets and pants.
          Yessir!
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Goal scoring is going to be an issue especially early. The biggest challenge is going to be the schedule. The conference is very balanced from top to bottom. There are no more 12 games a season against Tech, Alaska and Mankato.
            I think one question will be who show a real hunger to score. The kind who will fight through guys to score garbage goals.

Comment

Was Mankato truly ever an easy out?
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Not really. UND has always struggled against them, but I would guess that they hold the lead in wins in total games.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  Not really. UND has always struggled against them, but I would guess that they hold the lead in wins in total games.
                  I'd agree with that sentiment. Just thought it was a little bit off to mention them with Tech and UAA.
                  AF 99

Comment

They do in Mankato, that place was 1/3 green for Sioux games.

I'm going to miss those......

Also, I heard the tail end on the radio that the Rodents have agreed to play again, anyone have more info?
                    Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                    Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
                      They do in Mankato, that place was 1/3 green for Sioux games.

I'm going to miss those......

Also, I heard the tail end on the radio that the Rodents have agreed to play again, anyone have more info?
                      They will play in 2016/17 - probably again the next year, alternating between sites and then 2 years off and then repeat. Contracts have not been signed yet so stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        That must've been before my time.

Comment

I was maybe a bit harsh to lump them in with tech and Alaska, but most years Mankato was a 1 line team. They just never had the depth to overcome the traditional powers.

Comment

So this peaked my interest in the all time series...

Totals since 1999-2000

Total: UND leads the series 29-11-7.

Regular Season Games in Grand Forks: UND leads 12-5-3 (1-4)

Regular Season Games in Mankato: UND leads 13-5-4

Playoff Games: UND leads 4-1 in two series played in Grand Forks

Fairly interesting numbers, and probably about what you'd expect. North Dakota has traditionally had better teams, of course, but Minnesota State also has been better against UND then Alaska and Tech.

I found it interesting Minnesota State has swept UND in Grand Forks. That's crazy.
                            AF 99

Comment

I found it interesting Minnesota State has swept UND in Grand Forks. That's crazy.
                              A lot of teams swept UND in GF that year.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X