This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

And you have seen them all? Do you realize how hypocritical you sound. Guarantee you I have seen more of them than you have.

You said I was right as much as a broken clock so yes, that would be construed as being wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
      Okay, so you have seen all the guys at Northern Michigan, Michigan Tech, UNO? Etc. I mean, why wouldn't you....Marquette and Houghton are just around the corner from everywhere so I am sure you are not talking out your ***.

Did I say they were wrong? Some of the guys you mentioned have been sick / injured this season. I guess you think all the people that voted for Motte for Hobey were wrong too. If you wisdom wasn't completely out of whack with your arrogance, you might be tolerable.
      Motte wasn't close to being the best goalie in the country last year, so frankly I have no idea why people would vote for him for Hobey when he wasn't even the best at his position.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        And you have seen them all? Do you realize how hypocritical you sound. Guarantee you I have seen more of them than you have.

You said I was right as much as a broken clock so yes, that would be construed as being wrong.
        You have very poor reading comprehension skills. I said STATISTICALLY they are the best and it is even close.

Not sure how you can guarantee that. I watch a lot of hockey, and travel enough I see a lot of guys in junior before they go anywhere. Guarantee you have no evidence to back up your assertion.

What I can tell you is that your assertion about 5 of the top 6 goalies in the country coming from Hockey East is laughably wrong and so are most of your "everybody else is wrong but me" hostile and arrogant posts. You are a top candidate for ignore.
        Last edited by Got 6, Want More; 11-26-2014, 04:46 PM.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Please do *******

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Hi guys, first time checking in on this thread. Being Harvard and all, I was expecting some intelligent discourse, hoping I would learn something.

Anyway, congrats on your big win over B.U.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

You came to a hockey board to learn? Obviously you didn't go to Harvard. Check out the D-3 board, focus on threads titled Bunker Hill

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the faithful. From a hockey standpoint, we have not had this much to be thankful for in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    It's early and the Crimson can still crash and burn, but from what I've heard not only are they winning but they look like they know what they're doing, at least on offense. And even a 5th or 6th place finish would still land them a solid 5 slots higher than anybody picked them for.
                    True it's early but the signs are all there for a really good year. Michalek is playing very well, the D has improved immeasurably (Clay Anderson looks like a completely different player) and we finally have a system in place that takes advantage of speed and puck movement. It's like night and day. The confidence in the locker room has to keep growing with every win over a ranked team. The first line is as dangerous a line that we've had since the '89 team (Bourbeau, Laney and CJ). The frosh are good and getting better with every game. Pearl has without a doubt made a HUGE difference. We're killing penalties and scoring on the PP. McNally looks like one of the best D men in the East. And we're not afraid to mix it up if necessary. All in all, a lot to be thankful for at this juncture.

Comment

Went to the game tonight. Great win. Will post a recap tomorrow.

Comment

voters are not prone to admitting mistakes... but y'all have got to be top 5.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Harvard has 3 legit out of conference wins over BC, BU and UML. They still have the Beanpot to pad their out of conference resume but this looks like a legit team this year.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Happy Thanksgiving to the faithful. From a hockey standpoint, we have not had this much to be thankful for in a long time.
                            Amen, you're running out of top teams to beat. What a week !! Congrats
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I thought it was a good game. Good up and down action and not a lot of whistles.

Harvard is a really hard team to play against. They roll 4 lines, all with skill and they come in waves. Lots of good work along the boards with slick passing. Harvard set itself with several Grade A opportunities wtIth behind the back passes along the wall.

What I liked about this game was Harvard won despite not a great game and significant points from the top line.

McNally real stirs the drink. Having a guy be able to get the puck out of the zone with such grace and consistency makes such a difference.

Michalek was good, although Lowell's 2nd goal was one he'd like to have back.

Hockey East rinks have such a different feel than ECAC barns. They feel almost like AHL or semi-pro by design.

Princeton and Quinny up next. Here we come!

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Michalek was good, although Lowell's 2nd goal was one he'd like to have back.

Hockey East rinks have such a different feel than ECAC barns. They feel almost like AHL or semi-pro by design.
                                He seemed spooked by that second goal too. He made another glove save not long after giving that one up and he immediately looked in the net thinking he didn't catch it. Great defensive work by your guys to frustrate lowell and keep them from getting shots on net.

Lowell's rink was an AHL rink. They played for years off campus and then purchased the Tsongas Center and forced the AHL team out when an opportunity presented itself.

Good luck the rest of the way. I was impressed with your team last night and am looking forward to watching the beanpot this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X