X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    You could be right again, Hokydad !!!!!
    Fingers crossed. Very encouraging performance on the road last night.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      All the lost seats are on the home side.

As for the girls, two good games, beat RPI 4-1 and Union 5-3. Interesting to see them playing with a long bench for the first time in years. I am not sure if the change in style will continue. We may be back to the girls playing 6 forwards and 4 D for 90% of the ice time.
      All the better. Again, make the Cornell fans have to sit on our side and take abuse. We should really let them have it this year.

Agree about the girls. They look good and I like that we're using everyone so far. That can only help down the stretch.

Comment

Watched last night's game via the RPI website. We really took it to the Engineers - how in the world did they beat Union? There were two things that stood out for me. Our speed through the neutral zone which RPI couldn't handle. And our D zone coverage especially in front of Michalek. Limiting a team to 14 shots in their own barn is an accomplishment.

We'll know more after tonight. And it's obviously early. But the signs are there for a decent year and maybe, just maybe, a sixth place finish?

Question: what has happened to Sean Malone, Colin Blackwell and Victor Newell? They are listed on the roster. Injuries? Appreciate an update.

Comment

My bet is that they are hurt. Have to believe Newell and Malone would be in the line-up otherwise.

I don't know about Blackwell, but his career may be over given the repeated concussions. I hope this is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            Watched last night's game via the RPI website. We really took it to the Engineers - how in the world did they beat Union? There were two things that stood out for me. Our speed through the neutral zone which RPI couldn't handle. And our D zone coverage especially in front of Michalek. Limiting a team to 14 shots in their own barn is an accomplishment.

We'll know more after tonight. And it's obviously early. But the signs are there for a decent year and maybe, just maybe, a sixth place finish?

Question: what has happened to Sean Malone, Colin Blackwell and Victor Newell? They are listed on the roster. Injuries? Appreciate an update.
            The Harvard team I saw last night is the best skating crimson club I have seen in many many years. RPI couldn`t/didn`t hit them and they ate our lunch.

Comment

Considering that Harvard traveled to the Capital District and took 3 points from two teams that had 6 games in hand, a very solid performance and start to the season for Harvard.

We need to be realistic on Tuesday. We are playing a BC team that has lost two games in a row and will be a very desperate team. Harvard will certainly be an underdog, but for the first time in years, Harvard should be able to skate with BC.

Does anyone know if the game is being broadcast on TV?

Comment

2012 Tie Record Watch:

2 Ties of 11 (NCAA Record)

2 Ties of 9 (ECACHL Record)

For some perspective, we had not picked up our second tie of the year in 2011-2012 until Nov. 25, 8 games into the season, a 3-3 draw at Dartmouth.

Looks like no TV for BC this week.
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  Considering that Harvard traveled to the Capital District and took 3 points from two teams that had 6 games in hand, a very solid performance and start to the season for Harvard.

We need to be realistic on Tuesday. We are playing a BC team that has lost two games in a row and will be a very desperate team. Harvard will certainly be an underdog, but for the first time in years, Harvard should be able to skate with BC.

Does anyone know if the game is being broadcast on TV?
                  Agree on all counts. Especially the tie with Union. Yeah, they got 42 shots on goal and a handful of others that were blocked. But we stayed with them throughout which is an improvement over past seasons. It's a start.

I don't have any such delusions about BC on Tuesday. We may or may not be able to skate with them but I'm not counting on any points. We have a ways to go before we can compete with them. Makes you wish we had been able to get Bracco, Fortunato and Plant. The roster is starting to get a lot better - with the aforementioned, players, I might have been even more optimistic about this season.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                    The Harvard team I saw last night is the best skating crimson club I have seen in many many years. RPI couldn`t/didn`t hit them and they ate our lunch.
                    Not to pile on but here is a stat that should make you choke on your lunch. The RPI announcers mentioned that after scoring three goals in the first period of the first game last season against Harvard, RPI has gone 8 periods and an OT without scoring on the Crimson. That's embarrassing any way you slice it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      Not to pile on but here is a stat that should make you choke on your lunch. The RPI announcers mentioned that after scoring three goals in the first period of the first game last season against Harvard, RPI has gone 8 periods and an OT without scoring on the Crimson. That's embarrassing any way you slice it.
                      very happy to hear it

Comment

BC has its version of Ivy Digital Sports Network. You can find the link on www.gocrimson.com, and click on the "video" link for the HvBC game. The subscription is $9.95 for a month. Think you have to be carful to "unsubscribe" because most of these services have automatic renewal each month.

Comment

That was a great college hockey game last night. Best Harvard team I've seen in several years. Big, fast, skilled. Michalek was spectacular.

Comment

My wife and I attended the game Friday night against RPI in their quirky rink. We were impressed by Harvard's play, it was the first time in a long while that a Harvard team controlled the game and was encouraged by the play of the defensemen who kept the Engineers from getting off quality shots, except for one that hit the crossbar. Nice crowd there of loyal RPI supporters who were very pleasant, and in the corner in which we spent the third period an usher was handing out chocolate chip cookies to the people sitting there. The beginning of the season gives rise to a cautious optimism; their play is more cohesive so far than it has been.

Comment

Will be cheering for you guys against BC. Good luck !
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                That was a great college hockey game last night. Best Harvard team I've seen in several years. Big, fast, skilled. Michalek was spectacular.
                                Thanks. I'm hoping this is a harbinger of things to come this season. We could use Malone and Newell. Fearful that Colin Blackwell's career is over. But maybe, just maybe, we are turning a corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X