This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Solid hire. Should be a nice addition to the coaching staff. Here's a couple of observations to consider for the new associate head coach.
    1. Culture. When did losing at H become ok? 3-10 in 1 goal games last year excl ENG. Flip this around and have a good season.
    2. Development. Develop the players you have and stop waiting on the next great recruit. Soph/Junior/Senior pipeline is good. Make sure these guys develop and expand their roles each year.
    3. Teamwork. Way too much individual play. Passing, puck support, play away from the puck does not reflect the talent level on this team. (BC excels at this)
    Just a few random thoughts. Hope Teddy gives the new coach some leeway in practices and game situations. Could be a dynamic combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      very good coach, very good person, excellant role model. players play hard for him. local guy. his teams play hard. interesting choice but a good one. way better than Albie on every front. Much more stable
      Also dealt with crazy admissions so will know what to expect. Holy Cross was brutal in that regard.
      His teams may play hard and he may be a great guy and all but his career record is barely over .500. So I'll ask what was already asked; why is this a great hire? Are we now going to recruit kids from the Holy Cross pipeline because we're pretty sure we can get them into Harvard? I'm not trying to be too snarky here but honestly, we couldn't come up with someone from a bigger conference with ties to recruiting pools that will put us in a better competitive position? I'm serious. Granted, the win over Minnesota was huge but that was one win. Quinnipiac made the jump to D-1 and has proven to be a contending program. And the guy already tried the Ivies back in the late 90's with Brown. What happened there?

Comment

While this has been a miserable winter for Harvard hockey fans and doubly difficult if you root for the Bruins (which I do), there is one silver lining; Dom Moore is still playing hockey. He has had to endure a tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone and it would be great if the Rangers could win the Cup. For him and St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          His teams may play hard and he may be a great guy and all but his career record is barely over .500. So I'll ask what was already asked; why is this a great hire? Are we now going to recruit kids from the Holy Cross pipeline because we're pretty sure we can get them into Harvard? I'm not trying to be too snarky here but honestly, we couldn't come up with someone from a bigger conference with ties to recruiting pools that will put us in a better competitive position? I'm serious. Granted, the win over Minnesota was huge but that was one win. Quinnipiac made the jump to D-1 and has proven to be a contending program. And the guy already tried the Ivies back in the late 90's with Brown. What happened there?
          very good pick up, very good coach. no one wants to play at HC's rink and believe it or not, their admissions is harder than many Ivys. I knoe of several rejected at HC and go to Dartmouth. Admin does not support team at all, total farce

Great pick up and will be HC down the road.

Harvard will be better this year for it

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Why?
            ...because ANYONE is better than Ted Donato '91.

Comment

Great article on Lane Macdonald

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...e/?page=single

Comment

Future Considerations on Ryan Donato

http://futureconsiderations.ca/scout...john-healy-ne/
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Harvard used to announce its freshman class. I don't think there was such an announcement last year and so far, none this year.

So, do can anyone confirm who is definitively coming next year?

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                    Future Considerations on Ryan Donato

http://futureconsiderations.ca/scout...john-healy-ne/
                    The scouting report reminds me of Teddy's coming to Cambridge to don the Crimson uniform. Many of Dad's traits seem to have been passed on to the son. That bodes well for the Crimson; I'm hoping that we can somehow turn around our recruiting so that Ryan doesn't have to face the same fate that he dealt with as part of this review.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Harvard used to announce its freshman class. I don't think there was such an announcement last year and so far, none this year.

So, do can anyone confirm who is definitively coming next year?
                      At this point, I'll be happy if anyone shows up for the first day of practice. Maybe Pearl has some connections that can get a few players to change their plans and head to Cambridge assuming admissions grants them acceptance (sorry for the alliteration).

Comment

2014-15 schedule: http://gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2014-15/schedule

Nov 1, 2014 Dartmouth * 7:30 p.m.
                        Nov 2, 2014 at Brown * 4:00 p.m.
                        Nov 7, 2014 at Rensselaer * 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 8, 2014 at Union * 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 11, 2014 at Boston College 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 14, 2014 Brown * 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 15, 2014 Yale * 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 18, 2014 at Dartmouth * 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 21, 2014 Bentley 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 25, 2014 at Boston University 7:00 p.m.
                        Nov 29, 2014 at UMass Lowell 7:00 p.m.
                        Dec 5, 2014 at Princeton * 7:00 p.m.
                        Dec 6, 2014 at Quinnipiac * 7:00 p.m.
                        Dec 28, 2014 Russian Red Stars TBA
                        Dec 30, 2014 Rensselaer * 7:00 p.m.
                        Jan 10, 2015 vs. Yale @ Madison Square Garden * TBA
                        Jan 16, 2015 Clarkson * 7:00 p.m.
                        Jan 17, 2015 St. Lawrence * 7:00 p.m.
                        Jan 23, 2015 at Cornell * 7:00 p.m.
                        Jan 24, 2015 at Colgate * 7:00 p.m.
                        Jan 30, 2015 Union * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 2, 2015 at Boston University Beanpot TBA
                        Feb 6, 2015 at Yale * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 9, 2015 at Beanpot 2nd Round Beanpot 2nd Round TBA
                        Feb 13, 2015 Colgate * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 14, 2015 Cornell * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 20, 2015 at St. Lawrence * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 21, 2015 at Clarkson * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 27, 2015 Quinnipiac * 7:00 p.m.
                        Feb 28, 2015 Princeton *
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Wiley Sherman at the Bruins' development camp:
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/14616062554
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/14614928311

Ryan Donato:
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/14595134256
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/14431501610

It seemed like everyone was impressed with both players, especially Donato.

Comment

RPI Blog Without a Peer's annual post about Harvard http://www.withoutapeer.com/2014/07/...y-harvard.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some news about the renovations. The Harvard bench will change to where the visiting team's bench was; there will be a new version of the Blue Line Club behind the last row behind the bench, for $350 you get a parking pass, buffet before game, cash bar. I and some other long-time season tickets holders were displaced as the last row at center ice behind the new visitors bench will be used for TV. I appreciate the ticket office contacting us about it; one thing you can say, the Harvard team may not be good, but their ticket office service is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                                Some news about the renovations. The Harvard bench will change to where the visiting team's bench was; there will be a new version of the Blue Line Club behind the last row behind the bench, for $350 you get a parking pass, buffet before game, cash bar. I and some other long-time season tickets holders were displaced as the last row at center ice behind the new visitors bench will be used for TV. I appreciate the ticket office contacting us about it; one thing you can say, the Harvard team may not be good, but their ticket office service is excellent.
                                I guess that means that Harvard will now be defending the zamboni-end twice a game? I'm sure the goalies will love having to deal with the weirdness of those doors twice as much now.
                                Wonder if they will move the student section, such as it were, to the other end now.
                                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                                Go Crimson!

Comment

Working...
                                X