X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2013-2014

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
    That would be the worst. I'm hoping he's waited this long to commit b/c he wants to see if he gets in to Harvard and if his dad will be behind the bench or not.
    I hope that's the case. I'm wondering if playing for his dad would help or hurt him. Tim Army's kid is still playing at Providence despite the fact that his dad got sacked for Nate Leaman. So it can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      That would be the worst. I'm hoping he's waited this long to commit b/c he wants to see if he gets in to Harvard and if his dad will be behind the bench or not.
      Is this kid such a superstar that the decision whether to keep Donato or not hinges on him committing?

Also, what is the scoop with Girard? Missing in action since he was removed against Yale. He had been having a very good season up until then.
      Last edited by Crimson Faced; 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
        Is this kid such a superstar that the decision whether to keep Donato or not hinges on him committing?

Also, what is the scoop with Girard? Missing in action since he was removed against Yale. He had been having a very good season up until then.
        He might be hurt. Can't believe Teddy would not play him because of one bad game. Expect to see him back in action soon.

I don't think the decision to keep or fire Teddy will hinge on his kid coming to Harvard. The administration doesn't work that way. We're just speculating on his future.

Comment

Donato's son committed to Harvard per Chris Heisenberg's list.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            Donato's son committed to Harvard per Chris Heisenberg's list.
            I just checked and didn't see his name on Harvard's commit list. Not sure where you are getting your info.

What I did notice is that they have only one kid coming in from a prep school. Everyone else is from a major junior program. And most of them are 5'11 or above. So I guess size does matter after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              I just checked and didn't see his name on Harvard's commit list. Not sure where you are getting your info.
              Chris Heisenberg's list.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

What I did notice is that they have only one kid coming in from a prep school. Everyone else is from a major junior program. And most of them are 5'11 or above. So I guess size does matter after all.
                It's official

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  It's official
                  Huzza!
                  Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                  Go Crimson!

Comment

I hope to see Ryan Donato play at Harvard. The middle boy Jack also plays hockey at Dexter, tall like Ryan, They both work at it pretty hard, I see they boys doing wind sprints in the street. I would love to see both kids at Harvard. Very nice kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      I hope to see Ryan Donato play at Harvard. The middle boy Jack also plays hockey at Dexter, tall like Ryan, They both work at it pretty hard, I see they boys doing wind sprints in the street. I would love to see both kids at Harvard. Very nice kids too.
                      Yeah but can they bury the biscuit like the old man? Seriously, it would be great to have them at Harvard but the way we are playing, I don't see Teddy lasting until they graduate. The team is just brutal at times.

Comment

What happens when two bad hockey teams take the ice against one another? Well, you get a game like we had at Bright Landry tonight. Harvard looked immense in the first period. They put the heat on Princeton from the opening whistle and didn't let up until the first period ended. They scored all three from in close and won almost every battle along the boards. It was fairly amazing to see them control play for long stretches during this period.

Hockey however is a three period game and for the next two periods, the Crimson had fits and starts and mostly stumbles. At times it looked like the Keystone Cops out there. The Tigers are godawful with the exception of Calof who would have looked great in a Crimson uniform. Harvard did its best to let the Tigers back in the game but Princeton just wasn't good enough to take it from the Crimson. Two late goals, one on a 5-3 narrowed the score of a game that Harvard should have won going away.

Good to see Raffi Girard back in goal although he had his moments where he looked completely lost. Criscuolo continues to be a puzzle. The kid hustles and works hard but put a puck on his stick and he freezes. He had three or four glorious chances to score and looked like a Mite hockey player trying to figure out where to put the puck. Ouch. Vesey kept turning the puck over (one of less stellar games despite being named #1 star of the game). All in all, another so-so effort.

Comment

Big game tonight. Coming on the heels of a league win, let's hope that this can be the beginning of some momentum as we turn toward the homestretch,

Would love to see Harvard playing next Monday in front of a packed house at 8pm

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-mike-szmatula

Previewing Harvard-NU

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...astern-harvard

Beanpot preview by the numbers
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Can't see Donato staying on past this season. Too much talent on that roster not to produce a much better record than that. Getting the doors blown off tonight at the Beanpot against a Northeastern team which has been able to battle a ton of adversity over the last few seasons and back in a position to make the NCAAs is even more cause for a change.

That said, what potential candidates could you see them going after? Any alumni out there coaching, or maybe someone like George Gwozdecky?

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                                Can't see Donato staying on past this season. Too much talent on that roster not to produce a much better record than that. Getting the doors blown off tonight at the Beanpot against a Northeastern team which has been able to battle a ton of adversity over the last few seasons and back in a position to make the NCAAs is even more cause for a change.

That said, what potential candidates could you see them going after? Any alumni out there coaching, or maybe someone like George Gwozdecky?
                                What made it worse is that we can't use the excuse that we are too young because NU has 12 freshmen on their roster and regularly dresses eight of them. The difference between the two teams last night was like night and day. And I was particularly unhappy about the way Harvard took cheap shots (Guiltinan's kneeing the NU player late in the game was a joke) at NU.

I have no idea about candidates. Kevin Sneddon, UVM's coach is an alum and might be considered but I doubt he would leave HE for the ECAC. Mark Dennehy of Merrimack could be someone they would look at; his brother coaches a prep team that has a player committed to Harvard. Gwozdecky isn't leaving Penn State for Harvard.

The Ivy League tends not to get into the firing game with coaches unless there is an egregious situation involving the players well being or a firestorm from the parents. Or both. Look at Gaudet at Dartmouth. They haven't won anything and yet he remains the coach. He's an alum and I doubt the powers that be in Hanover will look to remove him any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X