Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Just thought we should have a new thread.

Clean out all those old gripes and moans. All those old bitter posts from the summer and last Spring.

A new thread for all of us diehard Laker faithful.

Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

I'm planning on heading up to the Soo this weekend for the Robert Morris series. Hopefully the Lakers won't disappoint. I'd prefer the Saturday game was the normal start time, but it is what it is.

Comment

Thougt Id log in to take post #3

Go Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        I'm planning on heading up to the Soo this weekend for the Robert Morris series. Hopefully the Lakers won't disappoint. I'd prefer the Saturday game was the normal start time, but it is what it is.
        This weekend is an apt litmus test for the Lakers for an opener, RMU won 20 games last year but in a weaker league, and the Lakers lost some notable names from last years squad so it should help us get a better idea of what to expect. I'd rather start a season with a series like this than playing a big name like NMU is with Wisconsin where they will probably get swept handily...series like that sometimes don't tell you much about your team because you end up playing catch-up right from the gate and don't much a chance to put much of your game plan into place.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
          This weekend is an apt litmus test for the Lakers for an opener, RMU won 20 games last year but in a weaker league, and the Lakers lost some notable names from last years squad so it should help us get a better idea of what to expect. I'd rather start a season with a series like this than playing a big name like NMU is with Wisconsin where they will probably get swept handily...series like that sometimes don't tell you much about your team because you end up playing catch-up right from the gate and don't much a chance to put much of your game plan into place.

RMU is a good early test. On paper, and maybe in our own heads, our Lakers should take both games. I am hoping to see rock-solid goal keeping and some opportunistic scoring. Come on boys -- lets go win 'em both.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
            I'd rather start a season with a series like this than playing a big name like NMU is with Wisconsin where they will probably get swept handily...
            Northern has started each of the last 2 seasons against Wisconsin, and has a 3-1 record in those 4 games, so I don't know that they will get swept handily. Although Wisconsin does have a much more experienced team heading into this season.

Comment

Lakers shouldn't lose this weekend unless they get shaky goaltending. I think RMU lost a lot of players to graduation.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Lakers shouldn't lose this weekend unless they get shaky goaltending. I think RMU lost a lot of players to graduation.
                But they also have to score. More guys need to step up this season.

Comment

I liked the way we played on Sunday. We seem to be a better team than I thought we would be. RMU will not be nearly as good as the US Team was and I would be surprised if we didn't sweep. Although I cannot go to the games this weekend I will be able to listen to part of them. Is Bill Crawford back on the air this year?

Comment

Tom Anastos the Michigan State coach had a nice thing to say about the CCHA. That league is gone and I am over it and they had a nice run as a league. All the CCHA teams have found new homes . Always seemed odd a school like MI State would hire a guy with next to zero coaching on his resume. Seems when you helped bring the CCHA down to set up a Big Ten conference , you get rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      But they also have to score. More guys need to step up this season.
                      Bill, you've been saying the same thing for the past 10 years. I wish you weren't always right!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                        Bill, you've been saying the same thing for the past 10 years. I wish you weren't always right!
                        The Radke, Campbell, Globke line potentially could be quite good if both Campbell and Radke are now completely healthy. But we'll need production from more than one line for the team to have much success.

Comment

Any good ideas for hotel rooms in the soo... proximity to the arena and/or bar scene would be a plus (guess there is always the kewadin and cabs). Any places to eat worth mentioning?? Having never been to the arena, is there any advice on the seating(what section and/or row is best to be looking for)?? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to road tripping to the soo in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post

Offense has been killing the Lakers for the last 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                              Any good ideas for hotel rooms in the soo... proximity to the arena and/or bar scene would be a plus (guess there is always the kewadin and cabs). Any places to eat worth mentioning?? Having never been to the arena, is there any advice on the seating(what section and/or row is best to be looking for)?? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to road tripping to the soo in January.
                              The only hotel near the arena is the Holiday Inn Express. Near the downtown bar scene there is the Ojibway Ramada Plaza. That's the only national chain hotel downtown. It's a tourist town, so there are some local places down in the same area such as the Lockview Motel. If you want to end up downtown (which would be my recommendation) look on Portage St, west of Ashmun. Otherwise there are lots of hotels out on the I-75 Business Spur, which is a couple miles from campus and a few miles from downtown.

Not too much bad seating in Taffey Abel Arena. Try to stay out of the corners or ends, but if you get any spot along the side, you should have a nice view. I don't get to many games up there anymore, so maybe more regular attenders can give you better advice on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X