Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
    The "My first line is in the AHL" statement is getting kind of old. I think that is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard him say that already this season. We're not exactly the only team losing players early to the pros.
    It's a pretty sly recruiting move to keep saying that in online/national media. As much as it is annoying me, it will definitely make potential recruit's ears perk up.

Comment

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Ugly second game at Wisc this weekend. Lakers looked flat and shaky goaltending. Hopefully it was a bump in the road, as the Lakers have shown the last few weeks they are capable of a much better game than this. I'm not too worried, but a few more of these games will change that.

Comment

Hi Guys! Being only two weeks removed from a 7 goal loss ourselves I certainly didn't stop by to gloat as it's really no fun seeing your team go down in flames. Rather, I'd say that if the Badgers go on to live up to any of their pre-season hype this year, we'll be looking back and thinking that you guys smoking us in the first five minutes Friday will have played a big part in getting things turned around. Always respect your program and obviously now hope you go on to crush everyone the rest of the regular season.

One question: It appeared that Roque refused to shake hands with Eaves following the game and I was wondering if anyone had seen any comments or explanation about that?
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Hi Guys! Being only two weeks removed from a 7 goal loss ourselves I certainly didn't stop by to gloat as it's really no fun seeing your team go down in flames. Rather, I'd say that if the Badgers go on to live up to any of their pre-season hype this year, we'll be looking back and thinking that you guys smoking us in the first five minutes Friday will have played a big part in getting things turned around. Always respect your program and obviously now hope you go on to crush everyone the rest of the regular season.

One question: It appeared that Roque refused to shake hands with Eaves following the game and I was wondering if anyone had seen any comments or explanation about that?
          Turned off the game after the Badgers fifth goal, so didn't see the handshake line. I've seen Jim fired up in some handshake lines, so it could be true. Would like to see the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
            Turned off the game after the Badgers fifth goal, so didn't see the handshake line. I've seen Jim fired up in some handshake lines, so it could be true. Would like to see the video.
            I don't know if video is available, but Roque sort of walked right past Eaves and I think maybe shook with one of the UW assistants and then walked away. The camera stayed on Eaves standing there looking after Roque with kind of an odd expression on his face for a minute or so before it moved on. There are plenty of reasons why Roque might have been hot, but I was just wondering if anyone heard any more specific explanation.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

There are plenty of reasons why Roque might have been hot
              You bet !

I was just wondering if anyone heard any more specific explanation.
              There is one very specific ... it is Jim Roque :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                It's a pretty sly recruiting move to keep saying that in online/national media. As much as it is annoying me, it will definitely make potential recruit's ears perk up.
                The times I've heard him say it, I doubt many (if any) potential recruits were listening. They weren't exactly media events that had widespread listening audiences, especially among potential recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  The times I've heard him say it, I doubt many (if any) potential recruits were listening. They weren't exactly media events that had widespread listening audiences, especially among potential recruits.
                  Roque sounds like he is drowning in his woe is me now that I don't have a first line to put out on the ice. They all left me and went to play with someone else.

Comment

Here is Roque showing his class [viewed more than 850 times on youtube]

Eaves is lucky Roque didn't call the police :-D
                    Last edited by tomahawk; 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk View Post
                      Here is Roque showing his class [viewed more than 850 times on youtube]
                      No matter how hard one tries to get behind this program Coach Roque turns me off. I am embarrassed by the video. This is the fourth time I have seen this garbage. Once each against WMU, NMU and MSU and now on video. I didn’t see the Laurentian coach act like this after our 9-2 win last week when we could of/should of rested our horses and played those that otherwise do not get much of a chance. Obviously Coach Roque thought Wisconsin ran the score up. Did he not know that the same thing happened to the Badgers two weeks ago? Of course he did as he talked about it in his post game comments Friday night. Totally offsets a great start for me. I’m sorry but I tried to stay positive by listening to those that said we could support the program without supporting the coach. To me they are one in the same.
                      I guess the LOYAL Coach Roque supporters can spin the weekend by saying “Coach Roque has helped our recruiting with the AHL comments and it is great to see him show emotion after the Saturday game.”
                      Way to show the BIG BOYS who we are Coach! Real classy!

Comment

UGLY loss but a 4-1-1 record is still VERY good. Wisconsin is a VERY good team that could be a NCAA championship threat in March/April. As for the handshake snub, it could be worse. At least he not trying to be Bob Knight.

Also why was there a pointless shootout Friday?
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I only heard him say it on the Union postgame video and the Wisconsin postgame youtube video. I guess if he is saying it locally in the Sault, it doesn't make much sense then.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            UGLY loss but a 4-1-1 record is still VERY good. Wisconsin is a VERY good team that could be a NCAA championship threat in March/April. As for the handshake snub, it could be worse. At least he not trying to be Bob Knight.

Also why was there a pointless shootout Friday?
                            The Big Ten is going with the shootout and Wisconsin wanted to pratice before the Big Ten season starts. The shootout is the only part of a game a lot of fans even watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                              I only heard him say it on the Union postgame video and the Wisconsin postgame youtube video. I guess if he is saying it locally in the Sault, it doesn't make much sense then.
                              I doubt the Union and Wisconsin postgame youtube videos got much viewing by potential recruits.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoeRN...utu.be&t=1m57s

Jim Roque's postgame presser where he says they did shake hands.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski

Tood Milewski, reporter says both coaches and 3rd source say they shook hands.

Now, since you know that, let's talk less about Jim Roque and more about the LAKERS!

Comment

Working...
                                X