Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

If wonder if Roque would of been fired yet if Bill Crawford was still the AD?
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Dunbars husband did coach with JR.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        I do think the recruiting has greatly improved over the past few seasons. The issue has been trying to get the better players to stay for 4 years. A lineup with Jean, Lain and Robinson in it would probably have the Lakers in 1st or 2nd place.

The Lakers have played many games with 6-7 freshman forwards. The record is near .500 at this point. I figured the record would be much worse than it is.

For those who don't like the coach, find a way to make a significant donation, and the administration may listen to you and do something about the situation. Constantly complaining about coaching and playing time on an anonymous fan forum really is just wasted time and effort.

Jim has always said in interviews to just ask him if you have a question. If you want to know why Ravn has never played, call or email him and ask.
        That's right just email or go up and ask Roque, he is always willing to talk to you. This guy is so right, more money needs to be donated to the project that was supposed to start last summer. Money is the bottom line, not wins or losses. I think you have to give this coach another four years with being in the tough WCHA. I mean 9th place is really good in this league. 2017-18 is when they should really be expected to compete for a top half finish and a playoff birth. Year 14 under Jim Roque will be the best one yet at Lake Superior. Just wait and see!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          Jim has always said in interviews to just ask him if you have a question.
          Ha ha, that's the best one !
          Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          You bet !

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
            I
            Jim has always said in interviews to just ask him if you have a question. If you want to know why Ravn has never played, call or email him and ask.
            I can't wait for this answer.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Sounds like you need a new coach and a new AD. The change of both at UAA has made a big difference.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It is amazing how with Roque it is always out of his hands the team getting better. This year he lost his first line that was going to take the team to the top . And yet the three players he moans about were on the team last year and did nothing to keep them from a bottom half finish and being destroyed in the playoffs . Roque,we know the players are gone but while there,did nothing to change the way the season went as it always goes year after year. Now we have a Roque fan telling us if we just hold out to 1215-1216 season the Lakers will have all this fire power that will propel them to the top. The Lakers could bring back every forward every year and the problem would always be the same, they cannot score and that has been the problem for 18 years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Sounds like you need a new coach and a new AD. The change of both at UAA has made a big difference.
                  LSSU already has a new President. Why not coach and AD?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                    UAA did it they hired Matt Thomas.
                    Mankato did it they hired Mike Hastings.
                    MTU did it they hired Mel Pearson.

Change is good just ask these other WCHA foes.
                    And UAA paid Matt Thomas $140,000
                    And Mankato paid Mike Hastings $240,000
                    And MTU paid Mel Pearson $275,000
                    And they all paid their assistants well too.
                    There are two tools schools use to get coaches of that cailbre: Dollars and Cents
                    Our fine institution doesn't believe in spending Division I money on Division I hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      There are two tools schools use to get coaches of that cailbre: Dollars and Cents
                      Our fine institution doesn't believe in spending Division I money on Division I hockey.
                      In my humble opinion, a college coach in the WCHA isn't worth $275,000. Mel Pearson will be gone as soon as the donor's pockets dry up because the school sure isn't going to pay that kinda dough without donor support.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                        In my humble opinion, a college coach in the WCHA isn't worth $275,000. Mel Pearson will be gone as soon as the donor's pockets dry up because the school sure isn't going to pay that kinda dough without donor support.
                        I agree with you on this one Lakers2Glory . As soon as the donor money runs out,Pearson is most likely out of there. I also hate this idea that only money makes a coach a winner. I would think knowledge of the game and pride play a huge part and money doesn't create that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                          LSSU needs to up the ante if they want to stay in Division One and the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                            After his five year contract is up I would be surprised if he gets another contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Until we have an AD that makes the only D1 sport we have a priority, nothing will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                                I agree with you on this one Lakers2Glory . As soon as the donor money runs out,Pearson is most likely out of there. I also hate this idea that only money makes a coach a winner. I would think knowledge of the game and pride play a huge part and money doesn't create that.
                                But those with the knowledge, ability and pride get the dollars.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X