Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Time to pull Murdoch and bring in Ravn .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      That would be the logical thing to do after going down 5-1 with 5 minutes still to go in the 2nd period. Need to do something to try and shake up the team.

Comment

Down 5-1 going into the third and Roque keeps Murdoch in and not try and shake things up by changing goalies by bringing Ravn in. Roque should of just thrown the white flag out on the ice and told the refs I surrender. I hate a coach who surrenders before the game is over. Bench Ciotti. He has been about as valuable as a player out for the season with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Roque would probably rather put in a hobbled Kapalka instead of Ravn.

Murdock needs to play better. He hasn't been terrible, but just mediocre to average. He hasn't played as good since Kapalka went down. I think Murdock kicked in the 4th UAA goal.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Given the importance of the game in trying to grab a playoff spot, it was kind of an embarrassment.

We were supposed to have a potential recruit at the game tonight with his dad. Hopefully the Lakers performance didn't scare him off, but it would be hard to blame him if it did.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Murdock needs to play better. He hasn't been terrible, but just mediocre to average. He hasn't played as good since Kapalka went down. I think Murdock kicked in the 4th UAA goal.
              Going into tonight's game, Murdock's stats were 3.67 GA and .894 save %, and obviously didn't get any better. Not very good numbers for today's college game. Kapalka isn't an option due to injury. Ravn is an option but Roque won't play him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Going into tonight's game, Murdock's stats were 3.67 GA and .894 save %, and obviously didn't get any better. Not very good numbers for today's college game. Kapalka isn't an option due to injury. Ravn is an option but Roque won't play him.
                Aren't all three of your goalies seniors?
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Yes they are. Just another example of JR not having a f-ing clue.

The Lakers have a better chance of winning the WCHA championship, than Ravn does of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                    Yes they are. Just another example of JR not having a f-ing clue.

The Lakers have a better chance of winning the WCHA championship, than Ravn does of playing.
                    Have your coaches recruited 3 goalies for next season? Or two and a walk-on? As hard as it would be to have all 3 goalies graduating in the same season, at least any incoming goalies will know they are all the same footing and won't have to fight an upperclassman for playing time. Trying to see a silver lining for you.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Yes, all three are seniors. Two (Kapalka and Ravn) were recruited the same year; one (Murdock) played for Mankato for a season (didn't see much ice time), went back to juniors for a year, then came to LSSU with three years of eligibility left. So we'll have a completely new set of goalies next season.

One bit of good news for the Lakers. Both Northern and Bemidji lost tonight.

Comment

Yes, all three are seniors. Two (Kapalka and Ravn) were recruited the same year; one (Murdock) played for Mankato for a season (didn't see much ice time), went back to juniors for a year, then came to LSSU with three years of eligibility left. So we'll have a completely new set of goalies next season.

Yup, that was good news for UAA as well!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Have your coaches recruited 3 goalies for next season? Or two and a walk-on? As hard as it would be to have all 3 goalies graduating in the same season, at least any incoming goalies will know they are all the same footing and won't have to fight an upperclassman for playing time. Trying to see a silver lining for you.
                          They've recruited one goalie so far, Kevin Aldridge who plays for Fairbanks (NAHL). There is a goalie attending LSSU this season who transferred in from OSU and will be eligible next season (Pete Megariotis). They probably will recruit one more goalie (walk-on), although they do have another kid in school now (not recruited) who has some NAHL experience, and they could choose to make him the #3 goalie for next season.

Comment

Murdock has only given up 33 goals in his last eight games. Why would you want to try Ravn when Murdock is only giving up better than 4 goals a game. Murdock has a 892 save per-centage and that alone would keep you from playing Ravn. I say allow Ravn to play in Ciottis spot. Does it matter that Ravn probably wouldn't score either.

Comment

Cheer up folks, this is just a show which goes on as expected, and a clown is supposed to make us laugh, and others teams take care of our playoffs.

Again as expected, on the forum blows the heat
                              Friday night lights, opponents give away the game
                              Saturday night fever, lakers collapse and refs are to blame
                              Starter runs out of gas, but Ravn stays out of the sheet
                              Are you suggesting a hobbled Kapalka would do better than Ravn ?
                              Last edited by Anchors Aweigh; 02-08-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Yes, Murdock did kick in the 4th goal. Not sure what happened on the 3rd goal for UAA.

Lakers had plenty of chances tonight, but just could not capitalize. I think they had 3 break away chances they missed on, and Johnson also hit a post.

Comment

Working...
                                X