Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Did I hear it right Friday night when Roque was asked about playing his system and he said he doesn't really have one. He just tells his players to go out and do the best they can and try to make something happen. Really,do the best you can do and try and make something happen. What the hell do they need him for a coach if his game plan is just tell the players to chase the puck around and try and make something happen. Now I know why this team never gets any better. Just go out and do the best you can do . That's not coaching . That is a man with no ideas and clueless on how to teach players to become better players.

Ciotti at this point should be benched. Why take up space on the ice with a player who couldn't put the puck in the net if the goalie was up getting himself something to eat. Roque,show some balls before the season is over and give Ravn a shot in a game. This season is pretty much over with and now show Ravn some respect and allow him to play a game or two after you went out and recruited him and he has sat through four years of teams that do nothing in the end.

Comment

Here's Lain's 2 second debut. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...enalty-minutes
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

In the post-game presser Tortorella said his biggest mistake was putting Lain out in that situation (Calgary's coach put out his goons to start the game, so Torts, with last change, abandoned his plan of starting Sedin's line and put out his 'enforcers'. He said it was an awful decision that will haunt him for the rest of his life.
        Last edited by Neil Diamond; 01-19-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Kellan Lain broke the NHL record for fastest to fight to start his career. He broke a 50 year old record.

Here's a USA today article about Lain's wacky NHL debut.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/canu...s-kellan-lain/
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            He's the fourth Laker (Lain, Trotman, Acton, Oleskey)to make his NHL debut in less than a year! Pretty impressive considering only one Laker (Derek Smith) made the NHL from 1998-2012.
            Also with Jean and Robinson in the minors who may possibly have NHL futures the quality of Lake States top tier players has clearly improved over the past 5 years, which is great to see.........and yet even so, Roque has produced no appreciably better results with better players, the writing is on the wall in big bold capital letters, it's up to administration to put on their reading glasses.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
              Also with Jean and Robinson in the minors who may possibly have NHL futures the quality of Lake States top tier players has clearly improved over the past 5 years, which is great to see.........and yet even so, Roque has produced no appreciably better results with better players, the writing is on the wall in big bold capital letters, it's up to administration to put on their reading glasses.
              If Jean were a future NHL player, he wouldn't have been sent down to the ECHL. I'm wondering if Roque had any part of these undrafted players developing into being noticed by the NHL. I wonder if they had opted to finish their four years, if they would have achieved better things at LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                If Jean were a future NHL player, he wouldn't have been sent down to the ECHL. I'm wondering if Roque had any part of these undrafted players developing into being noticed by the NHL. I wonder if they had opted to finish their four years, if they would have achieved better things at LSSU.
                I never said he was a sure thing, I just said there was a possibility he could end up in the NHL....and just because he got sent down to the ECHL doesn't necessarily mean that he can't eventually make the NHL...he's 24, when Steven Oleksy was 24 he was playing for the Port Huron Icehawks in the IHL, and he ended up making it....it may not be probable but it's not impossible either.

Comment

Ugh. I will watch and support my team . . . but another Spring collapse is just not sitting well.

Comment

I was wondering where Rick Schofield is playing and found him playing hockey in Bolzano, Italy.
                    Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                      I was wondering where Rick Schofield is playing and found him playing hockey in Bolzano, Italy.
                      A lot of ex-college players wind up in playing pro hockey in Europe, especially if they start playing pro hockey in the minors over here (U.S./Canada) but don't see a good chance of making the NHL (at least in the short term).

Lakers badly need at least a split in BG this weekend, but it will be a tough series with BG looking for revenge plus having their best player back in the lineup.

re: Jean. Not sure what the Rangers intent with him is, but he's big kid who favors more of a finesse style. If the Rangers want him to be more of a big physical player, he may not be a good fit for them and may be better off elsewhere. Maybe he'll regain his scoring touch down in the ECHL and be moved back up either in the Rangers system or elsewhere.

re: Lain. It would have made no sense for him to come back to the Lakers for one more season. He was in a position to get his degree after 3 years. I think he had enough higher education credits coming in to make that possible. Czuczman is in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                        Ugh. I will watch and support my team . . . but another Spring collapse is just not sitting well.
                        Year 9 under Jim Roque will be the best one yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
                          I was sitting at McDonalds outside the Taffy during the game and it sure was busy inside McDonalds.
                          Not sure which is more funny, you quoting your own post or you sitting at the McDonalds that was tore down last summer...

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                            Not sure which is more funny, you quoting your own post or you sitting at the McDonalds that was tore down last summer...
                            I bet he had KFC for lunch too....

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                              I bet he had KFC for lunch too....
                              And had Jeff's and Abners as well.

The Sault has really gone downhill the past few years. Big difference from Marquette which really seem to be booming lately.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                And had Jeff's and Abners as well.

The Sault has really gone downhill the past few years. Big difference from Marquette which really seem to be booming lately.
                                I don't know if you can measure "downhill" by losing a KFC, Abners, or Jeffs, considering a Buffalo Wild Wings came in, a Jimmy Johns is in the works, and an Art Van took over a local furniture dealer.

Comment

Working...
                                X