Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I think it's pretty much a given that Czuczman won't be back next season. A lot of rebuilding to do on D next season. The only 2 guys with much experience will be Drapluk and Loesch. Spratte has minimal experience. Harris has none at all although Roque seems to like his potential once he bulks up. The 2 D recruits that have committed so far, Roll and Renz, both sound like they should be able to step in and play right away.
    Sounds like next season might be a LOOOOOONGG season. A rebuliding season for sure unless the freshmen in net and on D are very, very good.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Some are saying big bucks is what it will take. Did Ron Mason, Rick Comley, Frank Anzalone, or Jeff Jackson make big bucks when they became head coaches at LSSU. I don't think so!
      Paying big money doesn't guarantee anything. Take it from a Michigan Tech fan. Pearson is making big money and Tech is still struggling below .500 for the 3rd straight year.
      Last edited by eye4talent; 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Sounds like next season might be a LOOOOOONGG season. A rebuliding season for sure unless the freshmen in net and on D are very, very good.
        Rebuilding or not rebuilding . The results always seem the same.

Comment

Looks like Lain got called up to the Canucks: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=700874

No surprise he was leading his minor league team in penalty minutes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
            Paying big money doesn't guarantee anything. Take it from a Michigan Tech fan. Pearson is making big money and Tech is still struggling below .500 for the 3rd straight year.
            For 21 years, Mel Pearson was used to getting those "Bush League" penalty calls only Red Berenson gets at Michigan. Now he's on the other side with the rest of us and is struggling to deal with the concept of refs making mistakes not in his favor. Welcome to the club, Mel. Time to put your big boy pants on and deal with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P02Z...ature=youtu.be

Comment

What a terrible shame tonight's game was, Murdock puts on a fantastic performance and the team does the Jim Roque special and falls apart at the end. After ND tied the game, you could tell it was over, our players heads dropped and there was no intensity, the body language was screaming "we're beat". This team is well on their way to falling apart following Christmas yet AGAIN, this has happened so many times in the past decade and the only common denominator is Jim Roque.

People have cautioned that we may not be able to find anybody even decent to take this job due to the lack of pay, location etc. and that Jim Roque may be the best we could hope for. Well I'm sorry, but nobody deserves to have to "hope for" Jim Roque. As a Laker alum I'm tired of watching our hockey team fall apart and show no heart year after year after year. I'd take a high school coach at this point if it's a guy that is going to get our teams to play their hardest all 60 minutes and all season long, if you're no good you're no good, but if you are constantly leaving gas in the tank due to a lack of intensity, and heart that I have no more patience for....if this ship does not right itself and we continue this collapse I will be profoundly disappointed in JR comes back for another year of this circus.

Comment

At least it's non-conference so no harm in the standings. Hopefully the Lakers can get a win and give them confidence going into BGSU. Things aren't looking good but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Comment

I watched them a couple of years ago fall apart against Tech. This game was worse than that one. They are not doing the basic things; stay on the feet and passing. The last 10 mins they embarassed themselves before a large TV audience. I would say they embarrassed their coach but he is the biggest embarrassment to the team and university.
                  Go Lakers!

Comment

The ironic thing is (or sad thing, brutal thing, funny thing, whatever) is that the Lakers have a very long history of embarrassing themselves on national TV. Even during the glory years, when they were on national TV they more often than not laid an egg, and it was a big one.

Of course there are a few obvious exceptions; but overall it is really surprising how this team, this program, tends to wilt in the spotlight of national TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                      I watched them a couple of years ago fall apart against Tech. This game was worse than that one. They are not doing the basic things; stay on the feet and passing. The last 10 mins they embarassed themselves before a large TV audience. I would say they embarrassed their coach but he is the biggest embarrassment to the team and university.
                      You can't blame Jim Roque on this one. There were some horrible calls and all the breaks went against the Lakers. You have to give him a few more years in the new league, and the Administration has done that, locking him up for several years. Year 9 under Jim Roque will be the best one yet. You people just wait and see!!

Comment

Some are saying big bucks is what it will take. Did Ron Mason, Rick Comley, Frank Anzalone, or Jeff Jackson make big bucks when they became head coaches at LSSU. I don't think so!
                        Mason was the first coach ever (1966) and always was thankful to Bud Cooper for "giving him a chance." The other three moved to head coach from assistant. Lake State can't do what BG, MTU, or WMU did. Five years ago, Jim Culhane was making about $110-115,000 coaching the Broncos. Now, Andy Murray is around $300k. I think Bob Daniels is $160k or so. OSU and MSU are in the $250k range but that is an unfair comparison. Our budget means we cannot go out and "get" a coach like some schools can but the help wanted sign can be posted and see who comes knocking. We normally can't compete for the top recruits and sign guys betting on their development into good D1 players. If it comes to that, finding a new coach will be done the same way.

Comment

The loss tonight drops the Lakers to under .500 for their overall season record. They were already under .500 for their WCHA record.

Kellan Lain is scheduled to get his first NHL start tonight for Vancouver.
                          Last edited by Bill; 01-18-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Kellan Lain's NHL debut lasted a grand total of two seconds before getting ejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                              Kellan Lain's NHL debut lasted a grand total of two seconds before getting ejected.
                              You don't see brawls like that to start a game very often anymore. Most of the position players on both teams involved.

Comment

Kellan Lain is scheduled to get his first NHL start tonight for Vancouver.
                                He's the fourth Laker (Lain, Trotman, Acton, Oleskey)to make his NHL debut in less than a year! Pretty impressive considering only one Laker (Derek Smith) made the NHL from 1998-2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X