Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

For the first part of the 3rd period I was concerned it might become a classic case of "let the other team hang around long enough and it will come back to bite you in the butt". RMU was taking the play to the Lakers pretty hard for a while and came close to tying it. The Lakers just have a tough time putting other teams away, but they held their ground and got the late goal to finally clinch things. Good win for the 1st regular season game.

Questions. Why wasn't Ravn dressed for the game, especially considering it is Parents Weekend? Don't they always dress 3 goalies for home games? And I noticed on the program that they had a picture on the cover of all the Seniors except Ravn. Why isn't he in the picture? Do you think Roque is mad because Ravn came back to school to get his degree and still wants to be on the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      For the first part of the 3rd period I was concerned it might become a classic case of "let the other team hang around long enough and it will come back to bite you in the butt". RMU was taking the play to the Lakers pretty hard for a while and came close to tying it. The Lakers just have a tough time putting other teams away, but they held their ground and got the late goal to finally clinch things. Good win for the 1st regular season game.

Questions. Why wasn't Ravn dressed for the game, especially considering it is Parents Weekend? Don't they always dress 3 goalies for home games? And I noticed on the program that they had a picture on the cover of all the Seniors except Ravn. Why isn't he in the picture? Do you think Roque is mad because Ravn came back to school to get his degree and still wants to be on the team?
      Glad to see the Lakers pick up the opening night victory, a sweep tonight would be a great way to start off the season, hopefully they don't have a letdown.

As far as the points about Ravn, that is certainly disappointing news on JR's part. Some of us have speculated in the past that JR seems to have something against Ravn, and others (who claim to be close with the situation) have said that is not the case. In this instance it seems like it is hard to make an argument on Roque's behalf, as this seems blatantly disrespectful. Hopefully the word of this type of treatment doesn't get around the junior ranks, because if it did, I could see it affecting recruiting....a player not living up to his on-ice potential and being the odd man out of the lineup is one thing, but to go the point of what you could easily call publicly shunning a player (to the benefit of no one, might I add) is simply uncalled for.

Comment

Interesting article by Randy Russon on the Lakers pursuit of a Soo Ont kid.....http://www.saultthisweek.com/2013/10...ird-defenceman

Not sure if this player is of the blue chip variety but Randy does make a good point about attendance from the Soo Ont side....1538 in attendance last night, has to be one of the smallest, if not the smallest, opening night attendance since they renovated the Norris Center.

Comment

Maybe Ravn been crap in practices and Roque is disciplining him by making him watch in the stands.

As for last night's attendance, Sault High had it's homecoming football game. That might of took away 100-200 people. The odd start time tonight might take people away as well.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Bill, I noticed Ravn not dressed then I looked on the visitors bench and saw they had all three of their goalies dressed which is odd for a visiting team. Something does stink about the situation with Ravn and I have never heard a negative comment about his practice habits in his three plus years.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

For a team with two of the better goalies in the entire nation, it is amazing how many posts continue about the LSSU 3rd stringer. People speculate about this and then others argue about the speculation. It really is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                Bill, I noticed Ravn not dressed then I looked on the visitors bench and saw they had all three of their goalies dressed which is odd for a visiting team. Something does stink about the situation with Ravn and I have never heard a negative comment about his practice habits in his three plus years.
                I think Robert Morris had 3 goalies because it is non-conference. Road teams are limited to 2 goalies during conference play.

Comment

The way Murdock has been playing, K2 might be riding the bench for a while. I think Roque will keep playing the hot goalie Murdock until he has a bad game.

Great, great start to the season with more freshmen contributing to the win. Need to take less penalties though. The next two series will be against two VERY tough non-conference teams on the road which should prepare them well for the start of WCHA conference play.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                    For a team with two of the better goalies in the entire nation, it is amazing how many posts continue about the LSSU 3rd stringer. People speculate about this and then others argue about the speculation. It really is ridiculous.
                    It's about treating a player with respect regardless of which string he is or what line he plays on

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      It's about treating a player with respect regardless of which string he is or what line he plays on
                      Do you have knowledge of him being disrespected or is it all hearsay?

Comment

When did you become a jail house lawyer dopey? If some others on this board are discussing a topic you don't like then just disregard it. Otherwise you are being ridiculous with your Perry Mason imitation.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          Two nice wins for the Lakers

Solid goal tending by Murdock

Not really worried about whether a 3rd string goalie is dressed or not - a private issue between player and coach. Of all the things about which I may criticize the coaches, this is not one.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                            Do you have knowledge of him being disrespected or is it all hearsay?
                            Yes to the first part and No to the second. Not being in the "Senior" picture (despite being present on picture day) and not dressing for home games (coaches choice) is a pretty blatant example.

Comment

Great way to start a new season. Dopey , I think Ravn has been screwed over by Roque. Just my opinion .

Comment

My guess is that few would have predicted that the two WCHA teams to remain unbeaten the longest would be our Lakers and UAA even if it only took 2 games to get there....If we can average 3 goals a game like we did this weekend I think we will finish with 3-5 games over .500 and in the top 3 of the league when considering our goaltending strengths....That is simple criteria, but I think it will hold water. 3 goals a game, if we average 2.5 per game I see up 5-6 games below .500 and finishing 5-7th....needless to say I think a lot of close games are in our future

Comment

Working...
                                X