Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    I'd prefer that they had played this past weekend like Tech did, to avoid getting rusty, but that wasn't in the cards.
    I agree. It would of helped the Lakers be better prepared for the 2nd half of league play had they played. Hopefully the Lakers can get to play in holiday tournaments the next few seasons after this one.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I agree. It would of helped the Lakers be better prepared for the 2nd half of league play had they played. Hopefully the Lakers can get to play in holiday tournaments the next few seasons after this one.
      I think I heard that they will be playing exhibition games in Toronto over the break next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        I think I heard that they will be playing exhibition games in Toronto over the break next season.
        Sounds like the Lakers might be doing the International tour that teams can do once every four years (Lakers did it three years ago). They will probably play teams like Nipising, Laurentian, and Ryerson as well if the tour happens.

Happy New Years Laker fans! Hopefully 2014 is a great year

Comment

You cannot play exhibition games during the season. Once your NCAA season starts, they all count, NCAA or CIS. That's how UAH has a 3-21-1 record for last year — our club exhibitions against Oklahoma counted. I rather doubt that any school that isn't hurting for games will burn games.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            You cannot play exhibition games during the season. Once your NCAA season starts, they all count, NCAA or CIS. That's how UAH has a 3-21-1 record for last year — our club exhibitions against Oklahoma counted. I rather doubt that any school that isn't hurting for games will burn games.

GFM
            the games that counted for UAH were against Lake State and division 3 Finlandia. The Lakers can play exhibition games during the season. Most teams do.
            Last edited by sm2pk; 01-02-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
              Your exhibition games against Oklahoma did not count against UAH's record. Teams usually play exhibitions after the season starts. In 2011-12, LSSU played Western Ontario in January and USA U18s in February. I'm not sure where you got your info, but that is absolutely not correct.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/alab...13/#gamebygame

Comment

I sit corrected.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Happy New Years Laker fans! Hopefully 2014 is a great year
                  Sweeping the 4 game homestand would be a great way to start it off. The Huskies have played in a lot of low scoring games this season, so goals may be at a minimum this weekend. Hopefully there will be decent crowds with the students gone.

Comment

Wow! What a hockey game! By far the most entertaining Laker game so far this season. Both the Lakers and Huskies were really good, excluding the rust the Lakers showed the first half of the first period. Fortunately the Lakers were just a little better and won. Great showing after the long layoff. Czuczman was outstanding.....I'll be very surprised if he doesn't go pro at the end of this season.

Congrats to Kapalka on his first career assist/point and McKay on his first career goal.

Comment

Campbell and Globke looked clueless without Radke.

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                        Campbell and Globke looked clueless without Radke.
                        How come Radke didn't play? Injury?

Kapalka's assist was the first since Mahoney-Wilson had one against Ohio State at Abel Arena October 23, 2009. Also Roque now is all alone in 3rd place all time in LSSU hockey coaching wins. He surpassed Mason with his 131st as Laker coach tonight. As for other milestones, the Laker hockey program is just four wins away from 900 in it's 48 year history. The all time record now stands at 896-720-147.

Hoping for the sweep tomorrow! Lakers really need it!

Comment

How come Radke didn't play? Injury?

Kapalka's assist was the first since Mahoney-Wilson had one against Ohio State at Abel Arena October 23, 2009. Also Roque now is all alone in 3rd place all time in LSSU hockey coaching wins. He surpassed Mason with his 131st as Laker coach tonight. As for other milestones, the Laker hockey program is just four wins away from 900 in it's 48 year history. The all time record now stands at 896-720-147.

Hoping for the sweep tomorrow! Lakers really need it!
                          Radke has a lower body injury. He was hurt the 2nd game at UAA. They're hoping he will be back by the Notre Dame series.

Big win last night after the holiday layoff. They need to follow it up with another win tonight to make a move above .500 in the WCHA, and hopefully do the same next weekend against Bemidji. It's time to show they are able to do a better job of protecting home ice. At a bare minimum they need to come away with three wins in these two home series. They can't be happy about giving up 21 shots in the 3rd period last night, but it was a win and that's the main thing. Sounded like Kapalka saved their butts in the 3rd period.

Comment

Ack, tough loss. If the Lakers scored that goal that got waved off, we would most likely be talking about us sweeping Tech instead of getting another frustrating split. Way too many shots on goals given up and a putrid goal given up by Kaps at the end. Lakers need to sweep Bemidji next weekend to have a good chance to get home ice to start the WCHA playoffs. Props to the Huskies though, they looked really good both nights.

Comment

Ack, tough loss. If the Lakers scored that goal that got waved off, we would most likely be talking about us sweeping Tech instead of getting another frustrating split. Way too many shots on goals given up and a putrid goal given up by Kaps at the end. Lakers need to sweep Bemidji next weekend to have a good chance to get home ice to start the WCHA playoffs. Props to the Huskies though, they looked really good both nights.
                              4 points would be real nice next weekend. Bemidji is struggling, getting swept by Northern this weekend, and has not won a game since they beat the Lakers in OT.

Hopefully Radke will indeed be back for the ND games.

Comment

4 points would be real nice next weekend. Bemidji is struggling, getting swept by Northern this weekend, and has not won a game since they beat the Lakers in OT.

Hopefully Radke will indeed be back for the ND games.
                                Just checked and Bemidji is winless in 10 out out their last 11 games. Ouch, didn't know Bemidji was stuggling that bad. NMU was lucky to play them this weekend. I do hope Radke returns very soon. He's been very solid this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X