Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

I have to give Ferris State credit they sure buzzed the net at the beginning of the game but of the first three goals only the second goal was one that should have gone in. The first one was just a shocker from that angle that the goalie needs to stop.

The Lakers never stopped playing hard and made it interesting near the end. I think it will be a good game tonight and I think the Lakers will be charged up to earn the split.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Take away the first five minutes of the hockey game, the Lakers would of won tonight. At least the boys made it a game in the 3rd period. Hopefully they carry it over to tomorrow's game. A split would still be pretty good considering how good Ferris State is.
      Kapalka didn't show up for the first five minutes and it cost us dearly. I'm quick to give him praise for coming up big week after week, but it's only fair to be critical when he was less than stellar last night. Ferris showed me last night they are a deserving top-10 team, although the Lakers play in the 2nd & 3rd period leads me to believe they deserve to be there too.

Comment

Pretty much a must win game tonight. Lose and they will take 2 steps back to offset the 2 steps forward from last weekend, and they'll be back to being just another middle of the pack .500 team in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Lose and they will take 2 steps back to offset the 2 steps forward from last weekend, and they'll be back to being just another middle of the pack .500 team in the WCHA.
          Which would be every team in the WCHA except for Ferris at the top and UAH/Alaska at the bottom.

Kapalka no doubt was horrible in the first five minutes last night. This was only the 2nd game this season with questionable goaltending. The other game was the 2nd game in Wisconsin when Murdock gave up eight goals with some weak goals given up. As for tonight, I think Docks will get the start.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Take away the first five minutes of the hockey game, the Lakers would of won tonight. At least the boys made it a game in the 3rd period. Hopefully they carry it over to tomorrow's game. A split would still be pretty good considering how good Ferris State is.
            Too bad you can't take away time... You play the whole game. My God this must be Mike Booshay ... Worst color guy ever... AHHH AHHH AHHH AHHH PLEASE BRING BACK MIKE ELLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
            THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
            TNA
            TNA

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Which would be every team in the WCHA except for Ferris at the top and UAH/Alaska at the bottom.

Kapalka no doubt was horrible in the first five minutes last night. This was only the 2nd game this season with questionable goaltending. The other game was the 2nd game in Wisconsin when Murdock gave up eight goals with some weak goals given up. As for tonight, I think Docks will get the start.
              If they lose tonight, should we be satisfied with them being a .500 team in the WCHA? What about at the end of the season?

With a win tonight, that would be 3 out of 4 with BG and Ferris the past two weekends and I think that's pretty good. It would also leave them a couple of games over .500 in the WCHA heading into their last pre-holidays series on the road at UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                If they lose tonight, should we be satisfied with them being a .500 team in the WCHA? What about at the end of the season?

With a win tonight, that would be 3 out of 4 with BG and Ferris the past two weekends and I think that's pretty good. It would also leave them a couple of games over .500 in the WCHA heading into their last pre-holidays series on the road at UAA.
                I think the expectation was to win 3 out of 4 against BG and Ferris. Hopefully they can win the third tonight to get the split.

Comment

Huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Huge disappointment.
                    I think that's a little hyperbolic....in my mind a "huge disappointment" would be losing to UAH or something like that, granted we were at home and you'd like to think that would give us a boost but at the end of the day Ferris State was the number 6 team in the country and will probably be a top 5 team this week, and they haven't lost a game since October 18th. That is a hell of a hockey team and we were competitive but came up short. We see them again the last series of the season so hopefully we will get them then. This weekend goes to show that Ferris is unquestionably the team to beat in the WCHA as of now, but to say this was a huge disappointment or to lose hopeI think is a little ridiculous....If anything, categorizing this as a "huge disappointment " is a great complement to this Laker team...remember at the end of summer when many on this very thread were expecting an 8th place or lower finish in the conference this season? And now in December we lose a couple competitive games to one of the best teams in the nation and we're supposed to be hugely disappointed?? Keep some perspective here!
                    Last edited by AnchorsAway; 12-07-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I expected Ferris to be slowed down this weekend.
                      oh well, Ferris can feel good for a couple more weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                        I think that's a little hyperbolic....in my mind a "huge disappointment" would be losing to UAH or something like that, granted we were at home and you'd like to think that would give us a boost but at the end of the day Ferris State was the number 6 team in the country and will probably be a top 5 team this week, and they haven't lost a game since October 18th. That is a hell of a hockey team and we were competitive but came up short. We see them again the last series of the season so hopefully we will get them then. This weekend goes to show that Ferris is unquestionably the team to beat in the WCHA as of now, but to say this was a huge disappointment or to lose hopeI think is a little ridiculous....If anything, categorizing this as a "huge disappointment " is a great complement to this Laker team...remember at the end of summer when many on this very thread were expecting an 8th place or lower finish in the conference this season? And now in December we lose a couple competitive games to one of the best teams in the nation and we're supposed to be hugely disappointed?? Keep some perspective here!
                        Lakers did play well this weekend. Seems like the bounces went to Ferris this weekend. Hopefully those bounces will even out, should the Lakers get the chance to play Ferris in Grand Rapids when the playoffs roll around.

Looks like the only team that might have a chance of catching Ferris is Mankato at 7-3.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Huge disappointment.
                          Was disappointing they could only get 1700 fans for each game.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post

Great post, I think the team played hard all weekend even when down big Friday night. The big difference was the goaltending for the whole weekend they got great goaltending from their great goalie and we didn't.
                            This is a never say quit team we have so I'm not ready to quit on them.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Don't get me wrong I would have loved to see some points this weekend for the Lakers but hey there is still some season to be played.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

I think the Lakers played well this weekend. Unfortunately we played the red, red hot Bulldogs with their very good goaltending. If they play like this next weekend, they can sweep Anchorage. Ferris showed why they are #6 in the country and are still undefeated in WCHA play at 10-0-2 (!!!).

The downsides this weekend was Kapalka's shaky goaltending early Friday and the the power(less) play Saturday. Both those scenarios cost us both hockey games.

Lakers still have the 2nd best overall record in the WCHA. We definitely need at least a split next weekend.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X