Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Offense has been killing the Lakers for the last 15 years.
    More like 17-18 years after Jeff Jackson left.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
      Any good ideas for hotel rooms in the soo... proximity to the arena and/or bar scene would be a plus (guess there is always the kewadin and cabs). Any places to eat worth mentioning?? Having never been to the arena, is there any advice on the seating(what section and/or row is best to be looking for)?? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to road tripping to the soo in January.
      Section D is right behind the visiting bench. The palace or maloney's pub would be good watering holes after the games they are on portage near the ojibwe hotel. Have fun but not too much.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
        Any good ideas for hotel rooms in the soo... proximity to the arena and/or bar scene would be a plus (guess there is always the kewadin and cabs). Any places to eat worth mentioning?? Having never been to the arena, is there any advice on the seating(what section and/or row is best to be looking for)?? Thanks for your time. Looking forward to road tripping to the soo in January.
        Any first trip to the Sault must include dinner at the Antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
          I liked the way we played on Sunday. We seem to be a better team than I thought we would be. RMU will not be nearly as good as the US Team was and I would be surprised if we didn't sweep. Although I cannot go to the games this weekend I will be able to listen to part of them. Is Bill Crawford back on the air this year?
          I am SO looking forward to the Bill Crawford call of the games. When he berates the players, the fans, the Coaches, and the Admin at LSSU to fill dead air that is great. PLUS the addition of Mike "Uhm Ahhhh" Boucher adding his insite to the game... That is MUST LISTEN to radio. If you are not in the Soo get yourself some Wifi and find those games. The signal will only cut out for the first three periods and OT.
          THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
          TNA
          TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
            I am SO looking forward to the Bill Crawford call of the games. When he berates the players, the fans, the Coaches, and the Admin at LSSU to fill dead air that is great. PLUS the addition of Mike "Uhm Ahhhh" Boucher adding his insite to the game... That is MUST LISTEN to radio. If you are not in the Soo get yourself some Wifi and find those games. The signal will only cut out for the first three periods and OT.
            The 9th season of Jim Roque at Lake Supeior will be the best one yet, just wait and see!!!!

Comment

There will be a 25th annniveary reunion for the 1988 NCAA championship this weekend. Kord Cernich, Karl Johnston, Rene Chapdelaine, Ken Martel, Tim Harris, Terry Hossack, Craig Hewson, Mike DeCarle, Jeff Jablonski, Jeff Napierala, Brett Barnett, Pete Stauber, Dan Keczmer, Anthony Palumbo, Ed Fuss, Dean Dyer, Brandon Reed and Doug Laprade will be there.

Should be awesome!

Comment

PerkyforPrez..........................When my son played at Lake State, we stayed at the Plaza..............it's a small, clean family owned motel, and a good change of pace from Holiday Inns, etc.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  There will be a 25th annniveary reunion for the 1988 NCAA championship this weekend. Kord Cernich, Karl Johnston, Rene Chapdelaine, Ken Martel, Tim Harris, Terry Hossack, Craig Hewson, Mike DeCarle, Jeff Jablonski, Jeff Napierala, Brett Barnett, Pete Stauber, Dan Keczmer, Anthony Palumbo, Ed Fuss, Dean Dyer, Brandon Reed and Doug Laprade will be there.

Should be awesome!
                  This should be awesome, but here is where Lake State is failing. There is a tailgate party at the Alumni House to meet the 1988 team, but it is $5 to get in. Why not to bring fans to the game, have a GIVE AWAY at the door, a 1988 team photo or puck, have the team set up in the gym or arena to sign autographs and interact with the fans. Enough of the players were in the NHL, and have cards that could get signed, too. I'm sure they will be honored on the ice, but probably not much of a chance of be able to meet many of them. The school needs to do something for the fans to bring them to the rink. Too many other options in this town hockey wise. I'd rather watch the Lakers, but many fans in town may chose the Eagles, Grayhounds, or the Blue Devils when they start.
                  Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-11-2013, 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
                    The school needs to do something for the fans to bring them to the rink. Too many other options in this town hockey wise. I'd rather watch the Lakers, but many fans in town may chose the Eagles, Grayhounds, or the Blue Devils when they start.
                    You hit it right on the head. The Hounds fans are Hounds fans... they are going to those games no matter what. Most are Canadian, and don't want to hassel with the bridge. The Blue Devils and all LOCAL kids... The Eagles are inexpensive, and you can have a beer and Pullar Burger while watching the game. What do you get at LSSU? You get a 12.00 Ticket (Most expensive in town) ... HORRIBLE Consessions... THE FOOD IS NASTY ... and NO HITTING... Not because the players don't want to, but because the officals a BAD. Now I hope in the new WCHA that will change, but until I see a change I will bet it won't. Just my thoughts.
                    THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                    TNA
                    TNA

Comment

I'm excited about the move to the WCHA, but I can't speak for other fans. LSSU hasn't done much to sell the move either. You'd think moving into the most historic league in college hockey history would be a good thing, and they'd try to spread the word, but nothing. Laker Hockey is a product they need to sell to the people in this town. We're lucky to have hockey at this level here, and I don't understand why so many seats are empty. I have no control over what league my team plays in, or what teams they play against, or who the coach is. I can only support the Lakers and be there for as many games as my kids and I can make. Being at a live hockey game with my kids sure beats sitting at home watching some football game on TV.

Comment

The move to the new league cost the Lakers a league with Michigan in it,with Notre Dame in it,with Miami in it,with Michigan State in it,with Ohio State in it,with Western in it. They may have gone to a historic league but a league that has been water downed and is nowhere near the historic league it was just one year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
                          LSSU hasn't done much to sell the move either. You'd think moving into the most historic league in college hockey history would be a good thing, and they'd try to spread the word, but nothing. Laker Hockey is a product they need to sell to the people in this town. We're lucky to have hockey at this level here, and I don't understand why so many seats are empty. I have no control over what league my team plays in, or what teams they play against, or who the coach is. I can only support the Lakers and be there for as many games as my kids and I can make. Being at a live hockey game with my kids sure beats sitting at home watching some football game on TV.
                          Advertising is definitely lacking with Laker hockey. Listening to the game last weekend, Crawford said something to the effect that it was a small crowd, but it was never really advertised that the Lakers were even playing the exhibition game.

Comment

Nice win to start the WCHA era! Great to see the Lakers score power-play goals with solid D and goaltending. Nice to see Globke off to a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              Advertising is definitely lacking with Laker hockey. Listening to the game last weekend, Crawford said something to the effect that it was a small crowd, but it was never really advertised that the Lakers were even playing the exhibition game.
                              Agreed 100 percent!

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Nice win to start the WCHA era! Great to see the Lakers score power-play goals with solid D and goaltending. Nice to see Globke off to a great start.
                                I agree nice win but what i was most pleased with was the Lakers skating hard and the teamwork they were showing being their first Ncaa game.

Many of the players looked good ( in fact no one looked bad ) but I was most impressed with Church, he rushed the puck well and was stellar in his own end.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X