Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Lakers move up to #13 in latest USA Today poll!
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• We did attend Saturday's game and enjoyed seeing the Saturday record improve. The crowd was a bit thin;with everything going on. The smart thing for the league would plan on bi weeks for Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure most schools have the same issue.
      Go Lakers!

Comment

48 hours till the biggest home game of the season.

Is everybody ready?

Or . . . as I am grimly suspecting . . . . the recent trend on our little Laker page herein is restricted to complaining about 3rd string goalies and long-gone coaches?

Comment

Looks like we have picked up another D for next season. Ryan Renz, Vernon Vipers, BCHL, team captain.

http://www.vipers.bc.ca/leagues/rost...layerID=568992
          Last edited by Bill; 12-05-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Looks like we have picked up another D for next season:

http://www.vipers.bc.ca/leagues/rost...layerID=568992

Thanks for the info Bill.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post

Is everybody ready?

Or . . . as I am grimly suspecting . . . . the recent trend on our little Laker page herein is restricted to complaining about 3rd string goalies and long-gone coaches?
              This weekend marks unquestionably the biggest home series with reference to the national rankings that Lake State has had in probably the last decade, the Lakers have been a wonderful surprise this season, and have met their challenges head on thus far, but this weekend is where the rubber really hits the road, Anything less than a sweep will leave me very disappointed; Motte is a fantastic goalie, always has been...he grew up playing in the same hockey association as I did in Port Huron, I never played with him, as I was a few years older than him but I watched him play quite a bit and he's not the type of goaltender that will lose his head if he gives up a soft goal or anything like that, we will have to earn everything we get past him.

On a league wide note, NMU losing their captain Ludwig for the season is a major blow for them, one that will be tough to overcome, as much off the ice as on. I've had the opportunity to hang out with Ludwig a handful of times as one of my best friends plays for NMU and he's accompanied my friend back to our hometown on a few occasions, he's a standup guy, and it doesn't take long speaking to him to learn why Walt Kyle decided he would make a great choice for captain, so far NMU has the look of a team that is really laboring for every win they've got, and a loss like this isn't going to make it any easier on them, hopefully the Lakers can take advantage of this when we face them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post

Is everybody ready?

This weekend marks unquestionably the biggest home series with reference to the national rankings that Lake State has had in probably the last decade, the Lakers have been a wonderful surprise this season, and have met their challenges head on thus far, but this weekend is where the rubber really hits the road, Anything less than a sweep will leave me very disappointed; Motte is a fantastic goalie, always has been...he grew up playing in the same hockey association as I did in Port Huron, I never played with him, as I was a few years older than him but I watched him play quite a bit and he's not the type of goaltender that will lose his head if he gives up a soft goal or anything like that, we will have to earn everything we get past him.

On a league wide note, NMU losing their captain Ludwig for the season is a major blow for them, one that will be tough to overcome, as much off the ice as on. I've had the opportunity to hang out with Ludwig a handful of times as one of my best friends plays for NMU and he's accompanied my friend back to our hometown on a few occasions, he's a standup guy, and it doesn't take long speaking to him to learn why Walt Kyle decided he would make a great choice for captain, so far NMU has the look of a team that is really laboring for every win they've got, and a loss like this isn't going to make it any easier on them, hopefully the Lakers can take advantage of this when we face them.

Comment

My afternoon is done.

Laker game is just too darn exciting tonight.

Leaving office.

Can't wait for face off!

Comment

Not a lot to be excited about tonight. Kapalka was chased from the game 5 minutes in, after surrendering 3 goals on 5 shots. Lakers did manage to at least tie the second period 1-1.

Not a very big crowd tonight. Madrigals at Kewadin plus another event at the Fine Arts center. 3rd period is starting. Go Lakers!

Comment

One other thing worth noting, Lakers out shot Ferris 26-24 through 2 periods.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerbacker View Post
                        One other thing worth noting, Lakers out shot Ferris 26-24 through 2 periods.
                        At least they kept playing hard and got a couple in the third. Would have been easy for them to give up with it being 5-1 after 2.

A few good chances to get it to 5-4, but Motte made some nice saves.

Comment

There were a number of positives tonight. They could have folded but didn't. They had a real chance to tie the game. They had a power play late with the goalie pulled. Unfortunately they could not convert. They ended up out shooting Ferris by a fairly wide margin, including 16-3 in the third. They were also able to do well in special teams face offs, winning 14 out of 20. We often complain about them not playing a complete weekend of hockey, they play great Fri night and take Sat off. I wish they could play a full 60 min. They pretty much owned that game after getting rolled in the first 5 min.

One thing I did not notice was Kapalka care back into the game for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerbacker View Post
                            There were a number of positives tonight. They could have folded but didn't. They had a real chance to tie the game. They had a power play late with the goalie pulled. Unfortunately they could not convert. They ended up out shooting Ferris by a fairly wide margin, including 16-3 in the third. They were also able to do well in special teams face offs, winning 14 out of 20. We often complain about them not playing a complete weekend of hockey, they play great Fri night and take Sat off. I wish they could play a full 60 min. They pretty much owned that game after getting rolled in the first 5 min.

One thing I did not notice was Kapalka care back into the game for the 2nd and 3rd periods.
                            I would think Kapalka will start tomorrow, after being put back in for the 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

Take away the first five minutes of the hockey game, the Lakers would of won tonight. At least the boys made it a game in the 3rd period. Hopefully they carry it over to tomorrow's game. A split would still be pretty good considering how good Ferris State is.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Take away the first five minutes of the hockey game, the Lakers would of won tonight. At least the boys made it a game in the 3rd period. Hopefully they carry it over to tomorrow's game. A split would still be pretty good considering how good Ferris State is.
                                Correale had a nice shot too, that hit the post early in the game when it was 3-0. Would have been nice to get it to 3-1 at that point.

Comment

Working...
                                X